+

TW3 needs of an EE?

• Yes

Votes: 70 92.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You missed out on the waifu wars, politics being simplified threads, and story criticism threads?

You are lucky if you did, though some good discussions were had in those threads, if not, you have homework to do.

Start here
Thanks for the invite,but i'll decline..it's as extraneous to me as it is to the vast majority of the ten million who bought the game and are happy with it as is.

---------- Updated at 12:45 AM ----------

Take into account people on console are less likely to get on their computer to make statements about the game and the fact that Steam has forums too. Would you expect a million people who hated the game to make an account on a forum just to express themselves?

Of the millions of people who think CoD sucks, how many of them do you think say so on the forums about it?

Bigger fans of the series who have put in over a thousand hours of the game are in the minority and this is usually where they all are, this forum is intended for them and really anybody who values their 2 cents. The fact that these discussions still garner attention months after B&W means there are a lot of big fans who still have things to discuss.

Back on topic.
In the interests of your last three words i'll decline from shooting holes in this gossamer thin logic.

Last edited:
Yes it needs an enhanced edition badly. The gameplay in this game is soo terrible. The combat and controls are soo terrible that it almost made me quit the game at many points.

Voted no. That's not to say the game couldn't use more work. I think all kinds of stuff could be fleshed out. And the newest interface was a "1 step forward, two steps back" kind of deal. More patches would be most welcome. Don't forget even TW2 continued to get content patches after its EE was released, so it's possible.

But EE has become shorthand for "fulfill all the community's every hope and dream," rather than the things that Enhanced Editions have traditionally been in the past. I submit to you that through the patches, DLC and expansions, TW3 as it currently stands has received an amount of new content, fixes, and "enhancement" equaling or even surpassing the Enhanced Editions of the previous games.

@Sam2305 I don't think the fanbase is especially divisive on whether the game could use more work. I think rather the specific issues some people cry out as missing or unsatisfying, others have no problem with. So as long as we use EE as a shorthand for every possible wish, hope and dream it will continue to provoke opposite reactions from players. Iorveth and Devil's Pit matter more to some people, interface and skill balance issues matter more to others.

Exactly what I've been saying on the other 439 E.E. threads. Every single person has a very different idea of what needs to be fixed, and no matter how many years C.D.P.R. spent trying to fix everything for everyone, people would still be complaining about one thing or another.

There's no pleasing everybody.

---------- Updated at 03:25 AM ----------

But CDRP should do what we users want tbh! We buy their games, we decide if their games are bad or good!

We give them a feedback! I mean that's also the purpose of this Forum, isn't it?

Dangerous and unhealthy logic.

I know Sam, my point was - if you'd ask the fans what should CDPR prioritize, you'd get very conflicting answers.

That is the crux of the matter. All E.E. problems stem from that. The larger a game you make, the more fans you have (Which means more opinions on what's wrong.), and the more "problems" arise. An E.E. for an AAA title is pretty much out of the quesiton.

Would be something else, but i am pretty sure that developing Gwent was taking some resources and time...resources for other....maybe more important things.....:sofa:

Everyone has a different idea of what should be prioritized over other things.

People are rational (at least, the majority of us). I would fucking love to see Iorveth in TW3 with one or two quest but I'm willing to sacrifice in order to get a decent story: create decent politics, fix the holes of Act2 and 3 or the graphics. Give a proper conclusion to the scoia'tel like they did with the Order of the Flaming Rose (which no one asked)

If they fixed the things you mentioned, would you continue to ask for Iorveth content? I'm getting mixed signals from your post.

Alright man. In that case I'll still abstain from voting because I feel like you gave us a false choice between "this game literally needs more work to make it not suck" or "the game is perfect already and I hate new content."

That's essentially what this thread boils down to.

It doesn't sucks, but it's far from what was promised

What was promised?

Note: no offense, but I won't be going to any other threads for an answer to that question, so don't bother linking to them.

I totally like this game, and respect the design or artistic view they had/have, I really do, but in my opinion, the absence of Iorveth it's just too obvious,
it's a very large hole in this boat to ignore, I mean, Vernon Roche and Ves are in the game, and it's perfectly fine that they are, I was very happy so see them again
(I´m happy to see them in each new playthrough) but what about Iorveth? such meaningful and unique character, and a very important character in the previous game!, bue he is not there.

I think we should keep this thread rational and realistic, I mean, 3000+ changes? not a chance, E3 graphics? not gonna happen,
but how about each one of us choose only one "item" to "fix"?

I choose to add Iorveth, what about you?

Every single person here (Quite literally.) has a VERY different idea of what needs to be "fixed". They could "fix" a million things, and still have just as many people complaining.

I wish I shared your optimism, but the Witcher 3 hype and all the three year wait + discussing it with other Witcher fans is enough for me for a lifetime, but I genuinely don't think Cyberpunk will beat Witcher, we will see if CP will be worth not getting a W3 EE.

Not with that attitude! :p

In all seriousness, though, try to play CP77 with an open mind. If you go in expecting/wanting it to suck, it's going to suck.

I don't understand your point, the forum was way more active a year ago, and by your own statement you declare that most people that walk out from a transformers movie would also say they were satisfied, can you elaborate more?

Considering how the Transformers franchise makes more and more money with every release, I think that could be argued.

^Don't forget the pre-launch downgrade threads (shutters).

Ahem.

"Shudders".

Main Characters still available in the post ending world!

I only just recently realized why they decided not to include this. If you had a post-ending world state, then you wouldn't be able to play the expansions or many of the quests after beating the game.

Take into account people on console are less likely to get on their computer to make statements about the game and the fact that Steam has forums too. Would you expect a million people who hated the game to make an account on a forum just to express themselves?

Let's look at some hard facts.

1. Highest number of critic GotY awards of any game ever made.

2. Highest number of fan GotY awards of any game ever made.

3. Higher number of over-all GotY awards of any game ever made.

4. Highest rated video game ever made.

5. Second expansion is considered 13th greatest video game ever made (Might have moved up, since the last time I checked (A couple months ago, I think.).).

Those are hard facts. No offense, but what you're using to support your argument is a mish-mash of conjecture and hypotheticals.

Of the millions of people who think CoD sucks, how many of them do you think say so on the forums about it?

Actually, CoD-bashing is one of the internet's favorite past-time's.

In the interests of your last three words i'll decline from shooting holes in this gossamer thin logic.

That was very funny. :D

:cheers:

dasft

Exactly what I've been saying on the other 439 E.E. threads. Every single person has a very different idea of what needs to be fixed, and no matter how many years C.D.P.R. spent trying to fix everything for everyone, people would still be complaining about one thing or another.

There's no pleasing everybody.

The fix of technical issues is something very welcome and appreciated.

The fix of technical issues is something very welcome and appreciated.

Although I agree whole-heartedly, I can assure you that if that is the only thing (Or main thing.) fixed in an E.E., there would be riots.

That last part is a joke, of course, but it's not entirely untrue.

dasft

Although I agree whole-heartedly, I can assure you that if that is the only thing (Or main thing.) fixed in an E.E., there would be riots.

That last part is a joke, of course, but it's not entirely untrue.

Agree, but i don't need any E.E. right now, some bugs are there for a long time.

Now is the best moment for this, because the project is complete, no more content to cause surprises between the 3 plataforms, updates are a pain in the ass sometimes, developers have a hard work with anything.

Every single person here (Quite literally.) has a VERY different idea of what needs to be "fixed". They could "fix" a million things, and still have just as many people complaining.

But the most people write the same things when it comes to an needed EE of Witcher 3.
So the biggest errors are very visible and the most people agree on them ...Cdpr could easily focus on them and the most people would be satisfied...

You missed out on the waifu wars, politics being simplified threads, and story criticism threads?

You are lucky if you did, though some good discussions were had in those threads, if not, you have homework to do.

Start here

Thanks for remembering that. I was on that discussion and the devs promised to adress some of the poinst that were mentioned. Still waiting...

I'm okish on the game as it is. It could be much better but it is a great game even now. I voted NO just for one reason being that the game doesn't need an EE as it is already a very beautiful game on its own. The word need make you think to something that is necessary which IMO is not the case as the game is already good. Sure it can be better but that doensn't mean that the game now is bad.

There are a lot of interesting points that were made but I think the biggest problem of this game is that the main villain was quite weak, we never had a chance to talk to him, explore his world, his agenda and the stories of Tir nà Lia. In the end Eredin was a weak antagonist, I never really felt a personal connection or threat from him, he felt rather impersonal and the same could be said about the entire Wild Hunt. I think the game felt rushed when Geralt went to Tir na Lia, we should have been able to explore a little bit of the city and learn the motives of our enemies. That wasn't the case and this made the villain quite flat.

O'Dimm on the other hand....man I was legitimately scared by that guy. I think CDPR has the skills to create a great villain but they should try harder on that. The Wild Hunt felt cheap, Letho from the TW2 was a much better villain tbh.

Last edited:
Dangerous and unhealthy logic.

Don't think so!

I only just recently realized why they decided not to include this. If you had a post-ending world state, then you wouldn't be able to play the expansions or many of the quests after beating the game.

I don't see the problem there! You should normally finish all the quests before finishing the main game. And even if that would be a problem, then the developers should put a warning before you start the last main quest! But i see no problem with the expansions!

That's no excuse for me!

And as Krull32 already said! There are a lot of things were most people agree with! So CDPR could at least fix these problems.

Last edited:
Honestly, some of the criticizers may have a point. Normally there are like 50-60 people who regularly visits the forums and probably they are those who have supported CDPR since the beggining but, markets and money seems to have the last word in everything lately so, in order to know the opinion of a larger audience, if anyone wants to post this poll in any other sites, I would aprecciate except if the mods put some problems

The poll last 90 days

Last edited:
I'm okish on the game as it is. It could be much better but it is a great game even now. I voted NO just for one reason being that the game doesn't need an EE as it is already a very beautiful game on its own. The word need make you think to something that is necessary which IMO is not the case as the game is already good. Sure it can be better but that doensn't mean that the game now is bad.

There are a lot of interesting points that were made but I think the biggest problem of this game is that the main villain was quite weak, we never had a chance to talk to him, explore his world, his agenda and the stories of Tir nà Lia. In the end Eredin was a weak antagonist, I never really felt a personal connection or threat from him, he felt rather impersonal and the same could be said about the entire Wild Hunt. I think the game felt rushed when Geralt went to Tir na Lia, we should have been able to explore a little bit of the city and learn the motives of our enemies. That wasn't the case and this made the villain quite flat.

O'Dimm on the other hand....man I was legitimately scared by that guy. I think CDPR has the skills to create a great villain but they should try harder on that. The Wild Hunt felt cheap, Letho from the TW2 was a much better villain tbh.

I've stayed away from these types of threads largely because of the rampant hyperbole, but this post hits the nail on the head. IE an EE is not needed, but a bit more exposition wrt the wild hunt/Eredin would have been nice. A bit more exposition on killing Radovid would have been nice too.

Everything else I see people demand in this thread is superfluous to the story of TW3. My 2c.

Everything else I see people demand in this thread is superfluous to the story of TW3. My 2c.

No, it's not superfluous. I mean, they promised more and we'd like to see at least some finished parts of these things they promised.
It's not too much to ask for things like the Scoia'tael, a proper post-ending world, a better questline for Radovid's assassination et cetera. I think there's a complete list somewhere.

Last edited:
Of course there are tons of minor improvements that can be done and have been done via updates; also modding community has done a great job regarding these improvements despite lacking the proper tool.

In my opinion major deficiencies can be summarized in two categories:
1- Main story plot and Eredin in particular.
-only two encounters with the wild hunt took place for Geralt before finding Ciri and they're not very intimidating. of course they cannot be compared to O'Dimm as their nature differ extensively. however they could be made to bring more trouble at least. it's good at the start of the journey but completely dropped later on.
for example a main quest could be implemented in order to trigger random encounters/ambushes with/of the wild hunt across the wilderness or a battle with Eredin in form of a nightmare which ends in a near death situation for Geralt (unlike the cave of dream side quest). the player should at least have the feeling that he/she is hunted.

-more information could be explained or shown as the main story progress. Eredin could use a little polish regarding his character and background.

-final boss battle is pretty straight forward with no tension. no special tactic is required to defeat him because he doesn't have any asset beside his army.

2- Graphics and visuals which is far behind the planned version.
please don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining about it. not everything goes as planned and everyone knows that.

both categories can be improved but the probability is very low. specially the latter since it requires a great deal of resources and man-hour.

Last edited:
Top Bottom