TW3 on PS4 & XB1

+
TW3 on PS4 & XB1

After playing TW3 on both systems side by side with, the same settings.. I really like the clarity of the PS4's graphics, but I also like the colors of the XB1 a little better. The strange thing is.. while playing the XB1 the background is more blurry, but when moving Geralt around, it's much easier on my eyes at least.
I like them both, but the PS4 version kinda strains the eyes while running Geralt through the land, on foot or horse. If only the PS4 version could be as smooth as the XB1, but still look as sharp as it is now. However, I am all for a PS4 option on TW3 to have the background as blurry as XB1 I guess, just so long as it runs as smooth as the XB1 does. All this until I get my first real PC!!
Man.. I love video games!! lol...

I'm not sure why PS4 doesn't run as smooth, but whatever.. what you guys think?
Who cares :)

Do you mean frame rate ? I am not sure because I haven't played it on either but resolution comes to mind ? PS4 has more power under the hood than XB1 but maybe not enough to render at 1080p and keep everything stable at 30 fps. Hopefully it will get better with more patches.

The Witcher 3 is very well optimized overall but also a very demanding game, at 1440p/60fps everything Maxout + HairWorks + Reshade it constantly push my 980 SLI to their max but I am glad they are enough to sustain 60 fps with occasional drops to 55 in Novigrad's populated areas but other than that it looks amazing at that resolution and runs very smooth. No offense to any platform or anyone but I think you should get a PC as fast as possible because that gives the best experience IMHO.

Do you mean frame rate ? I am not sure because I haven't played it on either but resolution comes to mind ? PS4 has more power under the hood than XB1 but maybe not enough to render at 1080p and keep everything stable at 30 fps. Hopefully it will get better with more patches.

The Witcher 3 is very well optimized overall but also a very demanding game, at 1440p/60fps everything Maxout + HairWorks + Reshade it constantly push my 980 SLI to their max but I am glad they are enough to sustain 60 fps with occasional drops to 55 in Novigrad's populated areas but other than that it looks amazing at that resolution and runs very smooth. No offense to any platform or anyone but I think you should get a PC as fast as possible because that gives the best experience IMHO.
Oh I Will ;)

For me stable 30 fps are much more important than the difference between 900p and 1080p. So the xbox one version is better. Dunno why PS4 tries to be the high end machine, while it only offers this over hyped slightly better hardware than the xbox one.

Top Bottom