TW3 PRELOAD - Availability

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 3790055

He posted in the wrong thread. I guess the X1 in the title misled him. It's for people waiting for Xbox gameplay. There are many :)

Well, it's a little disappointing that we still don't even have a date when the pre-load is available. The more time they allow themselves, the less chance of server issues. I'm starting to worry at this point.

Guest 3790055

We are 4 days from the week before release. If there's no news until the end of the week, I fear it will be a "short" preload.

What is slow internet?
When i have a maxium speed its 1.5 megabytes (not megabits!) per second.
Is that nowadays considered fast, medium or slow?
And yes, i know i have to download 8-9 hours to get the job done :)

I would consider your Internet slow compared to most other connection speeds.

Personally I call mine slow as well. I get about 4mbs on a good day which is rare and of course it NEVER downloads anywhere near that.
On a really good torrent I can get about 500kbs give or take and of course even that fluctuates a lot, sometimes down to almost nothing, but I don't think I've ever downloaded anything and broke 600kbs.

This is my first time ever buying a digital copy of a game from Steam so I hope they don't have any issues or throttle their speed come game day as I'm sure I will be downloading for at least 2 days.

Fast internet is downloading Elder scrolls online and or GTA5 in 30 minutes to an hour or less. just to think that last year i had at&t and it would take me possibly a day or two to download such big games.

Edit: oh wow my first post? :huh:
Hello CDPR and everyone else. nice to meet you! i'm Ragnar. or Jayden. both is fine.

Last edited:
I would consider your Internet slow compared to most other connection speeds.

Personally I call mine slow as well. I get about 4mbs on a good day which is rare and of course it NEVER downloads anywhere near that.
On a really good torrent I can get about 500kbs give or take and of course even that fluctuates a lot, sometimes down to almost nothing, but I don't think I've ever downloaded anything and broke 600kbs.

This is my first time ever buying a digital copy of a game from Steam so I hope they don't have any issues or throttle their speed come game day as I'm sure I will be downloading for at least 2 days.

For me, my connection is very stable. If the download servers are keeping up, then i always am at 1.5megabyte per second. And on a really good torrent i get the same. 1.5 megabytes :) My connection really never drops, unless when the downloadservers are unstable.

And @ Jayden, welcome here!

Haha, I can't imagine getting 1.5mbs lol.

Guess I can't really complain though, I live way out in the country and at least I have Internet and it's better than dial-up, so it could be worse.

Only a 2meg line here. Having a download in the MEGABYTES is freaking FAST.
Don't confuse megabyte (MByte) with megabits (Mbit). No, seriously. I've seen people confuse the two continuously.

But I would love to have a pre-load right about now....
Guys. Seriously. Get your asses moving.

But still nothing news for preload? Missing 11 days and still no preload ...
If CD Projekt gives us 11 days to download it, it's ideal, and the interview they did to CD Projekt three days ago, said that the Preload PC coming soon ... but missing 11 days and leaves the game. mah.

A dwonload speed of MB?? Oh man, that's what happens when you live in a developing country (or at least developing countryside). I've got 6 Mb here so I'll download it at the university where I get a download speed of 1-5MB.

Guest 3790055

What is slow internet?
And yes, i know i have to download 8-9 hours to get the job done :)
Your in an average speed, good enough to be considered as "fast internet."

https://twitter.com/Bacon_is_life/status/596383624309678080

18 hours ago a user PS4 asked when there will be the preload, and Marcin said that next week we will have information.

It is not that the date "provisional" of PS4 is true? That is, on May 16? And with three days of preload it is useless, people who have no net "powerful" does not even 7 GB, CD projekt seriously .... X1 preload 2-3 weeks, oh god.

What is slow internet?
And yes, i know i have to download 8-9 hours to get the job done

I'd say it depends on where you live, in developed areas 12Mbs is medium on the side of fast...(Note capital B means Byte lower means bits, bits is what a lot really base things off of, not Bytes) I had comcast's lowest of 3Mbs and that was enough for netflix and such but would take two days to download TW3 so I was going to up to 6Mbs but they had a deal going on for same price for 25Mbs so roughly a 3-4 hour download for TW3 for me :D... Depending on connection to steam at time of course... Basing my time to dload off of recent game of same approximate size.

A lot of people though even in developed countries live in undeveloped areas (out in farm areas) where cable doesn't go here in US. Satelite is expensive and also usually comes with very strict monthly bandwidth limits unless you go very expensive... Those areas tend to have very limited other option to get internet, often still forced to use dial up so their download would take a very long time. When I was in that situation I restricted my purchases to physical copies 95% of the time. The area I live is only 2 miles out of town but due to comcast buying out the previous cable provider for our city the delay to get better lines to our area was a few years. :(

That was a while back though so I'm happily on much faster internet.

If it truly only starts on the 16th i would be truly disspointed in CDPR. That is not consumerfriendly at all. For a big game like The Witcher 3 a week of preload time is pretty much required to get the game for people with slow download speed. Exspecially since i can guarantee you that the server will most certainly have a lot of problems. They always do.

If it truly only starts on the 16th i would be truly disspointed in CDPR. That is not consumerfriendly at all. For a big game like The Witcher 3 a week of preload time is pretty much required to get the game for people with slow download speed. Exspecially since i can guarantee you that the server will most certainly have a lot of problems. They always do.

Yeah, remember Skyrim.....servers Steam slow, and for download ONLY 500 MB Patch need hours becuz servers slow....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom