TW3 PRELOAD - Availability

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
off-topic, but wasnt the game suppose to be around 50 gb ? 26gb for this game seems a lot less, not that im complaining bcoz i have a slow internet so it will probably finish for me 19th, but still 26 gb is alot less given all the content and graphics that this game is packed with.

off-topic, but wasnt the game suppose to be around 50 gb ? 26gb for this game seems a lot less, not that im complaining bcoz i have a slow internet so it will probably finish for me 19th, but still 26 gb is alot less given all the content and graphics that this game is packed with.
Yup I thought the same 40-something.

I think you're probably going to have to download some more stuff come release

I got a 404 trying to download in the browser, but found the GOG downloader files worked fine. Were you trying to download in the browser by accident? You have to click "more" and select the downloader links from a dropdown menu, and then it takes you here: https://www.gog.com/downloader/listing/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt

I clicked on gog downloader files and I got a 404.... I'll try again, have to change user for that ...

No need for GOG Galaxy. Might be a joke about Ford Galaxy somewhere here also..

Blood hell that's a fast d/l speed!

Can someone post screenshot of files downloaded via gog galaxy, wanted to compare with downloader.
thanks

Yeah they're taking down every stream and no PC gamer can play before May 19th, but their own achievements spoiler half the story. Great.

Forum veteran
off-topic, but wasnt the game suppose to be around 50 gb ?
I think they estimated it around 40, but someone at GOG chimed in recently and explained that the size they quoted from back then was with all of the possible language packs installed.

EDIT:

Here's the post: link

you mean 25 gb more ? whats the point of preloading then lol

It won't be 25GB more. The game installed will be close to 50GB, but what you're downloading now are the compressed installer files. Compression saves GOG a ton of bandwidth.

I think they estimated it around 40, but someone at GOG chimed in recently and explained that the size they quoted from back then was with all of the possible language packs installed.

EDIT:

Here's the post: link

well i hope downloading language packs will be optional as they take in half of the download size, but i doubt steam will let me choose what language and voiceovers to download

Ahh, I got the GOG downloader and now I can get it. Getting some wildly inconsistent speeds though between 1mb/s and 20mb/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom