TW3 PRELOAD - Availability

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcin said in the News section of the forum that the timeline of the GOG pre-load should be announced soon. So I'd say we will have information soon enough ;)

If the game files are avaliable, then why is their no preload on PSN, Steam or GOG, CDProjekt's own website?

I think it is too soon to say if this is a good thing. If there's no preload for other platforms and we don't get to play the game on release day if we are not Xbone users, then it is a bad thing. If other platforms get a week of preloading time then it is fine because the Microsoft exclusive time will have benefitted nor disadvantaged no one.

Ask Sony or Steam then, they decide when to allow preloading of certain games. Different companies have different policies, so I don't see your problem with MS providing the preload earlier. There are a lot of people with bad internet connections and this will be of great benefit to them.

And once again, why do you think there will be preload only for XBO? This is just wild speculation or an attempt at spreading FUD.
As a matter of fact, there have been many games so far that have had preload on XBO/PS4/Steam, but when that goes live is up to the respective company.

Last edited:
Has to be said I really like the pre-download facility on XB1.
I just cancelled my Amazon pre-order for £45 GB and bought the £41 GB digital version which is downloading now.

I will need an external drive at some point, as this will take me to 85% capacity, but the convenience of not messing about with box copies is real.

My first experience of pre-download was with DAI and while I got access to at 12.01... others were forum complaining for hours, even days about their package...

I'll just patiently wait and start as soon as pre-loading goes live on Steam. Yeah I have a pretty bad internet connection (real third world problem) I took about 4-5 days to download 60GB which is GTA V which I'm enjoying at the moment. Doesn't hurt to let people pre-load early, the problem is real.

Also people without too much free time. For example, I will be travelling between 11-20 next month. A earlier preload would be welcomed.
Yup, there might be different scenarios, I will be switching internet provider mid May so I rarher have game downloaded in case I will be without internet for few days.....

Ask Sony or Steam then, they decide when to allow preloading of certain games. Different companies have different policies, so I don't see your problem with MS providing the preload earlier. There are a lot of people with bad internet connections and this will be of great benefit to them.

And once again, why do you think there will be preload only for XBO? This is just wild speculation or an attempt at spreading FUD.
As a matter of fact, there have been many games so far that have had preload on XBO/PS4/Steam, but when that goes live is up to the respective company.

I don't think there is exclusive preload for Xbone, I think that the preload is timed exclusive to Xbone to get people hyped for the game on Xbone.

What is a concern if there is sufficient time for preload for the other platforms. I would personally like a week for such a big game, since my internet can be super slow sometimes. If PC only gets a day or two of preloading because of the timed Xbone exclusive preloading then that will be what is unfair.

I don't think there is exclusive preload for Xbone, I think that the preload is timed exclusive to Xbone to get people hyped for the game on Xbone.

What is a concern if there is sufficient time for preload for the other platforms. I would personally like a week for such a big game, since my internet can be super slow sometimes. If PC only gets a day or two of preloading because of the timed Xbone exclusive preloading then that will be what is unfair.

Once again, this is just speculation and you have no proof to back it up. Just because the XBO preload is available earlier, this is no way indicates that for other platforms it will be limited in some way, it's up to the platform holders to decide when to allow it.

I have a XBO and I know that they very often allow preload as soon as a game is available for preorder, Major Nelson always announces these.
This has happened for other games (preload available up to a month before release), that were also available for preload on Steam and PS4. I don't know when usually PS4 preloads become available, for Steam as well, I don't play that many games lately, so someone else could provide more details on this.

There's nothing to worry about, you'll get your preload on your platform of choice. When? I guess you should ask them.
But a timed preload exclusive for XBO? I mean come on, seriously.

Well, I imagine that preloads on other platforms will be available at a time reasonable enough for everyone to preload the game. Otherwise, there's no point in providing preloads.

On the other hand, I don't see anything wrong with MS taking care of their customers. It's their job.

I seriously doubt any platform would say no if the devs/publisher asked them to put up the game for preload. 3 out of four in this case, one of which is their own store?
they had a marketing partnership with microsoft since the beginning, I don't see why it's unlikely that as a result of that xbox owners get to start preloading earlier.

I seriously doubt any platform would say no if the devs/publisher asked them to put up the game for preload. 3 out of four in this case, one of which is their own store?
they had a marketing partnership with microsoft since the beginning, I don't see why it's unlikely that as a result of that xbox owners get to start preloading earlier.

Even if it was the case - which we don't know - it would be just that - MS taking care of their customers. Nothing wrong with that, really.

Even if it was the case - which we don't know - it would be just that - MS taking care of their customers. Nothing wrong with that, really.

Indeed. And it's not as if I get to play it any earlier on my Xbox One !
It gives me a cheeky (presumably standard) message when I try to open it:

"You are too early
We know you would really like to get started but you will have to wait a bit longer. Check the store for the launch date."

Pre-load TW3?

suprisingly searching this topic on the forum didnt yield helpful result, so im asking:

does anyone know if preloading the game will be possible?
if i remember correctly its 40GB and it will be great to be able to starting DLing a few days earlier....

is there any reliable info on this topic?

I think we it's safe to assume that the pre-load is coming. Because, let's be clear, it is coming. Neither us nor GOG.com announced the details yet, but rest assured, you will be able to pre-load The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. :)

well, that's official as it gets :)

great news.

pre-loading GTAV was a wonderful time saver. i hope to do the same with TW3.

Hell yeah, I was worried that I won't be able to pre-load the game bought from PlaySation Store Asia! :cheers:

Eh.. I mean PlayStaion Store HK:wat:

Last edited:
Hell yeah, I was worried that I won't be able to pre-load the game bought from PlaySation Store Asia! :cheers:

You expect to receive it before 19th? I thought they were only selling retail versions.
Forget that, I read Play-Asia. Senior moment.

Anyway, I hope we get a decent pre-load period from GOG. Not that I'm dropping any hints there, Marcin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom