TW3 PRELOAD - Availability

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
My worry is: the ones that, as me, had bought the phisical copy, will receive a key from the store (in my case, Amazon), to do the precharge?

I would like to buy the expansion pass on PSN but they don't sell it separately at the moment.Only the game+expansion bundle is available however I pre-ordered my copy of TW3 on PSN before that deal was available....so i'm still waiting to purchase the pass separately.

Also is the pre-load on PSN going to happen anytime soon?

Thanks.

Regarding pre-loading, I just about have 50 gigs on my SSD left stored for this game. However, I recently pre-loaded GTA from Steam and to my surprise, on launch day the game required an additional 30 gigabytes or so from my HDD during the setup process. Will this be the case with this game?

Regarding pre-loading, I just about have 50 gigs on my SSD left stored for this game. However, I recently pre-loaded GTA from Steam and to my surprise, on launch day the game required an additional 30 gigabytes or so from my HDD during the setup process. Will this be the case with this game?

It is for most games, although the amount varies. It requires space to unpack.

It is for most games, although the amount varies. It requires space to unpack.

This. After install it should clear up some of that used space. You should watch the amount of Free space on an SSD once they get close to full they can slow down... Luckily I don't have to worry about that... I have plenty SSD space free for TW3 :D

Guest 3790055

why we must ask to amazon if you will give a gog code for preload?

The preload is depending on the seller. Which is Amazon in this case. And no one talked about a gog code, the question was about the physical version.

I think we it's safe to assume that the pre-load is coming. Because, let's be clear, it is coming. Neither us nor GOG.com announced the details yet, but rest assured, you will be able to pre-load The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. :)

Thank you so much for announcing this! I got the witcher 3 for free when buying my gtx970. But when GTA V was just out, i had trouble downloading just a patch of 5gb, which took forever. Now with the preload for TW3, we can play the game when it unlocks :) So again, thank you so much for this!

not every person live in usa or europe and we need download witcher 3 for ps4 . why its not there ?!!!!

CDPR has a deal with Microsoft, so people with xbone get to preload it early. Marcin, the dev who posted earlier in the thread, just said that the PC users will soon have information about preloading for that platform. I haven't heard any news about PS4, but I think it's safe to assume that there will be one and that it will probably be around the same time as the PC preload announcement. You will have information soon!

I hope that helps.

But the PS4 has the 'instant play' feature thing right. So if you have a physical copy pre-loading is quite unnecessary. I always buy physical copies for my PS4 and I often find myself playing the game a couple of minutes after I have put in the disc.

CDPR has a deal with Microsoft, so people with xbone get to preload it early. Marcin, the dev who posted earlier in the thread, just said that the PC users will soon have information about preloading for that platform. I haven't heard any news about PS4, but I think it's safe to assume that there will be one and that it will probably be around the same time as the PC preload announcement. You will have information soon!

I hope that helps.

How do you know that CDPR has a deal with MS for the early preload? I haven't seen anything that confirms this and if there isn't any, please don't spread false information, opinions are not fact.

Preload will certainly come to all platforms, so for the PS4 preload, maybe you should ask Sony.

Can someone who plays on PS4 confirm how many days/weeks before release are game preloads usually made available?
I'm really curious, because it might be just down to their policy when it is made available.

How do you know that CDPR has a deal with MS for the early preload? I haven't seen anything that confirms this and if there isn't any, please don't spread false information, opinions are not fact.

Preload will certainly come to all platforms, so for the PS4 preload, maybe you should ask Sony.

Can someone who plays on PS4 confirm how many days/weeks before release are game preloads usually made available?
I'm really curious, because it might be just down to their policy when it is made available.

Well when one platform, which The Witcher series didn't originate from, gets the preload earlier than the gog.com PC preload something just doesn't seem right.
Is this Microsoft just jumping the gun or is it some exclusive crap that MS paid for as usual?

I am really sick and tired of the corporate greed that infests my video game hobby. If it's not exclusive preloads, it's paid user created DLC. What next? Subscription to access my games?

Well when one platform, which The Witcher series didn't originate from, gets the preload earlier than the gog.com PC preload something just doesn't seem right.
Is this Microsoft just jumping the gun or is it some exclusive crap that MS paid for as usual?

I am really sick and tired of the corporate greed that infests my video game hobby. If it's not exclusive preloads, it's paid user created DLC. What next? Subscription to access my games?

As far as XBO is concerned, I know that they've allowed early preloads for other games as well, so this is not that strange, at least to me.
That's why I'm asking if someone knows how early do PS4 preloads are usually made available, because I don't have a point of reference there.

As for corporate greed, MS are not the only ones who are guilty of that.
But for some reason some people (I'm not saying that this is you, just to avoid any misunderstandings) are OK when Sony are doing it and only complain when MS does something like that.

In this regard I'm happy that CDPR will deliver the same game on all platforms, optimizing the game to run as good as possible on each of them and not holding back, because of parity or other such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom