TW3 PRELOAD - Availability

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
TW3 PRELOAD - Availability

So Witcher 3 is available for pre-load on X1, when can we expect pre-load on PS4 and PC?

It seems they indeed have it for pre-load. That's a bit too early i suppose.

I'd get very anxious if i knew it was sitting in my hard drive a month before release to be honest.

The game goes gold more than a month before release and it's also available for pre-load now. Man, it really feels like we could be playing it today... :ball:
:pc:

Last edited:
Hey guys :) so if I pre download it on my Xbox one. Does that mean it will start to install and be playable at 00:01am on the 19th May?

What's the point of doing it this early or of pre-loading in general?

Well I meant this early, a month seems ridiculously asking for trouble, I get the idea of preloads in general but I thought a working week would be more usual. But now I think about it, if you're going to do preloads at all then the asset spoiling is unavoidable. Time just effects its propagation rate.

One month is way too early
Speak for yourself, I wouldn't mind if GOG started preloads right now :p

Although, I would also prefer if the GOG copy already came with the Day 1 patch applied to the game in the first place though I don't know if that's going to happen. Feeling pretty divided right about now.

That's really great considering TW3 is going to be a massive game in size. One month is good so people have plenty of time to dowload the game and play as soon as it is released.
Now if only they would do the same on PSN......kind of thinking it's an exclusivity deal with MS.

Wouldn't say no either. I'm running a laughable 6Mbit and we've gotta download that game twice (once for me, once for my fiance).

Wouldn't say no either. I'm running a laughable 6Mbit and we've gotta download that game twice (once for me, once for my fiance).
As long as you bought 2 games, there's nothing wrong with downloading just one copy and then copying it over Ethernet or using a USB HDD or whatever ;)

X1 has 25GB size and 35GB on Steam for the base game. The Expansion pass requires 40GB which indicates that the pass alone is 5GB.
Are these numbers final? Seems pretty small considering GTAV is 60GB.

Blame brick and mortar stores. :p

I blame consoles... :p

---------- Updated at 12:26 PM ----------

X1 has 25GB size and 35GB on Steam for the base game. The Expansion pass requires 40GB which indicates that the pass alone is 5GB.
Are these numbers final? Seems pretty small considering GTAV is 60GB.

GTA is known for notoriously badly compressed files... ;)

And since the PC version of W3 won't have special ultra textures the file size seems realistic to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom