TW3 PRELOAD - Availability

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-loading a month before release sounds bad. I dont remember which game it was last year, but I remember some players leaked some heavy spoilers by accessing the game files.

I hope it wont be the case here.

There's a much larger issue to worry about then people accessing game files in the pre-load and leaking a few spoilers.

Games already have a big problem with Store Employee's stealing copies and playing them early... Can you imagine what that would mean for a DRM Free title?

More OT though: I don't see the big problem, but it does seem insanely early to do a pre-load. A week before or so would have been fine, but a month is pretty intense.

All this aside do you think the rest of us on PC/PS4 will be able to download the game at 12:01 am on the 19th May? I'm thinking of doing a Witcher Party that night and would like this.

All the preloading is pointless if the servers for the obligatory day-one patch(es) and the activation service won't run properly on release day.

Just have a look at GTA V. I'd downloaded all the 60GB of data two days before release but it didn't help a bit since the day-one patch needed more time to download and install than the ton of data I'd downloaded before...

All the preloading is pointless if the servers for the obligatory day-one patch(es) and the activation service won't run properly on release day.

Just have a look at GTA V. I'd downloaded all the 60GB of data two days before release but it didn't help a bit since the day-one patch needed more time to download and install than the ton of data I'd downloaded before...

Still, it's better to slowly download a few gigs than slowly download 60 gigs. :)

I wonder if I who have bought the XBOX 1 CE can play it on PC since I don't own an XBOX :p
Will it have a cd-key that would work on any platform?

I wonder if I who have bought the XBOX 1 CE can play it on PC since I don't own an XBOX :p
Will it have a cd-key that would work on any platform?

No.

If you want to play on your PC in this case, wait for Windows 10 and you'll be able to stream from your XBO to your PC.
Or you can just sell the console disk and get it for PC. :)

A week before or so would have been fine, but a month is pretty intense.

I know people that would not be able to pre-load a game of W3's size in a week, but I also consider a month to be a bit overkill. Curious when the GOG pre-loads will start in comparison to the xbox one.

Are you sure about that? Because of the DRM FREE and stuff, I ask..

DRM free from GOG, consoles are a whole different matter.

---------- Updated at 12:28 PM ----------

Looks just like another marketing scheme for and by Microsoft...

"Hey, buy the game on X1, we have already preload available..."

Since they already have the game files, why not. It's just for convenience for the users who go digital.

Because in many times the game version is only for installing the game itself on the console and nothing more.. But I don't know if this is the case.

Sorry, you completely lost me. Expecting the xbox version to have a code for anything other than something xbox related stuff is highly unrealistic.

Sorry, you completely lost me. Expecting the xbox version to have a code for anything other than something xbox related stuff is highly unrealistic.
Crap, I may ask the customer support of CDPR (if it has one) or GOG if they are kind enough to exchange my key..

Crap, I may ask the customer support of CDPR (if it has one) or GOG if they are kind enough to exchange my key..

If you get the XBO CE you get a physical disk that is used for verifying the game, there is no key that you can exchange.

If you want to exchange your XBO disk for a PC version, you need to sell your XBO game disk and then buy the PC version or barter it.
In any case I don't see how GOG or Steam would take your XBO disk and give you the PC version, this is not how things work.

I don't understand the "it's too early" comments. Either way you look at it, pre-loading is more convenient than the contrary.

Well we don't need pre-load to go live today that is why i asked for time frame. They know size, number of files etc. so they can tell us when they are planning to release pre-load for all platforms :D

I don't understand the "it's too early" comments. Either way you look at it, pre-loading is more convenient than the contrary.

TW3 sitting on hardrives everywhere for the next month, unplayed, with hordes of slavering gamers everywhere wanting at it... I dunno, I might've gone with plan b. ;)

[video=youtube;hamKl-su8PE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamKl-su8PE[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom