TW3 PRELOAD - Availability

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Grand Theft Auto V a day before release, and what should had taken hours to download..
Let's just say that everyone else was playing while I still downloaded the game...

It's really nice to be able to download it as soon as possible, for we do not all have the same downloading speed.

@Scholdarr.452, imagine you would have to download 60GB when everyone is downloading the day-one patch needed.
Of course pre-loading matters. I was downloading the 60GB when everyone was downloading the day one-patch.. I was downloading 6kb per second for quite a while, and that is way slower than the normal 3000kbps.

Last edited:
All the preloading is pointless if the servers for the obligatory day-one patch(es) and the activation service won't run properly on release day.

Just have a look at GTA V. I'd downloaded all the 60GB of data two days before release but it didn't help a bit since the day-one patch needed more time to download and install than the ton of data I'd downloaded before...

Is this on Steam?

Is this on Steam?

Nope. Social Club...

Anyway, Steam can have problems as well. And GOG of course. The point was that servers must be available and stable at release. "Just" offering a preload isn't enough imho. Of course being able to preload is a good thing and highly appreciated. But it's only one part of a working formula to really offer the game to people at release day...

By the way, I also hope that the obligatory day-one patch will be available a few days before release as well so that we really only have to activate the game on release day. That way there shouldn't be that much server problems on day one...

Last edited:
@Scholdarr.452
I'm not aware of any game that suffers to a day-one patch issue on Steam but yes, no one is immune to these type of problems.

Sometimes whole Steam is laggy when a big game releases...happened a lot in the past, depending where you live...

And be aware that a lot of people also buy the game on GOG, so that's CDPR's own servers...

I am confused about the specific time when the game unlocks. I mean, it has been announced the game's be ready to play at 1:00 AM CET, but right now we're using CEST. So - huh? @Marcin Momot? Anyone? Not that an hour will make much of a difference (I intend to be sleeping at the time anyway), but some clarification would be appreciated.

I am confused about the specific time when the game unlocks. I mean, it has been announced the game's be ready to play at 1:00 AM CET, but right now we're using CEST. So - huh? @Marcin Momot? Anyone? Not that an hour will make much of a difference (I intend to be sleeping at the time anyway), but some clarification would be appreciated.

I'm guessing they mean CEST. A friend of mine told me you can pick up the CE from postal machines a few minutes after midnight though.

EDIT: In Poland

Last edited:
I'm guessing they mean CEST. A friend of mine told me you can pick up the CE from postal machines a few minutes after midnight though.
I'm guessing so too, but official announcement should be precise, and confusing CET and CEST is not that.

And it's true about the postal machines, CDP even stressed that choosing the delivery method guarantees the game will be there by midnight.

confusing CET and CEST
Now I'm confused :p I probably won't be playing till the 19th after work any way so I guess it doesn't matte to me. Just would like to download it a week prior at least. Wonder how bogged down the steam server will be...

We should get CE editions by post one day or a few days before the 19th, they usually do that to ensure all can play the game at the same time

Maybe the early XB1 pre-load is to get more people into buying it on there. Know they are first in line to have it on their system. People buy stuff for some dumb reasons really lol. Me I wouldn't mind haveing it pre-loaded so I don't have to sit here that night and DL the game! Heck, I think if everyone would do away with physical copies we would all be playing that game right now :( Man I so want to play that game RIGHT NOW!!! I even bought a Xbox 1 controller to use on my PC :D

We should get CE editions by post one day or a few days before the 19th, they usually do that to ensure all can play the game at the same time

I'm not entirely sure this is true -- at least not in my case. I was told by eb games aus that it would arrive about a week after May 19th. So not true for everywhere.

Yeah it's a great thing for those with not-so -great download speeds but I'm just worried that some people will be able to crack the game and spread spoilers

It's funny how Microsoft is desperate for "exclusive" stuff and because CDPR doesn't succumb too much unlike others, they settle for being the first to get a pre-load :p
Anyways since Xbone and PS4 aren't hacked yet (Am I right?) I think it's safe to pre-load there. Pre-load on PC should be on the last week or so because with no DRM, I imagine it can be hacked and "be released" too soon.

It's funny how Microsoft is desperate for "exclusive" stuff and because CDPR doesn't succumb too much unlike others, they settle for being the first to get a pre-load

Sorry, but this is bullshit. This is a standard practice on XBO, to allow preloading of games when they become available for preorder in the XBO store.
In their hate for Microsoft, some people are becoming really pathetic.

Sorry, but this is bullshit. This is a standard practice on XBO, to allow preloading of games when they become available for preorder in the XBO store.

I don't hate them just for hating them, they have lame business transactions.
I will give you that with the pre-load no problem.
Gwent cards only in their CE is 100% a deal to get something exclusive.
No showing ultra graphics is 100% a deal with them not to make xbox one look the least desired graphic wise.

If the game files are avaliable, then why is their no preload on PSN, Steam or GOG, CDProjekt's own website?

I think it is too soon to say if this is a good thing. If there's no preload for other platforms and we don't get to play the game on release day if we are not Xbone users, then it is a bad thing. If other platforms get a week of preloading time then it is fine because the Microsoft exclusive time will have benefitted nor disadvantaged no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom