TW3 PRELOAD - Availability

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
just finished my pre download on xb1 thismorning....im now trying in hope that pressing several buttons in the correct order will somehow grant me access to the game.....sigh

If the game files are avaliable, then why is their no preload on PSN, Steam or GOG, CDProjekt's own website?

I think it is too soon to say if this is a good thing. If there's no preload for other platforms and we don't get to play the game on release day if we are not Xbone users, then it is a bad thing. If other platforms get a week of preloading time then it is fine because the Microsoft exclusive time will have benefitted nor disadvantaged no one.

Which is the point of Microsoft. Paying gaming companies to ruin other people experiences or in their words "providing to Xbox users the best experience possible". Timed exclusives are pretty common for them. Hope it's not the case.

Last edited:
Anybody has any clue about how do they plan to 'control' the physical versions for PC? I mean if they REALLY are drm free you can't unlock them on the 19th, it should have to be install from the discs and play.

Boxes will be out there around the 15th... HOW is this gonna be handled? If they did something about this it is gonna be drm, if not it will be totally unfair...

:hmm:

Anybody has any clue about how do they plan to 'control' the physical versions for PC? I mean if they REALLY are drm free you can't unlock them on the 19th, it should have to be install from the discs and play.

Boxes will be out there around the 15th... HOW is this gonna be handled? If they did something about this it is gonna be drm, if not it will be totally unfair...

Why would they be out there at the 15th? I'd expect them to arrive at the 18th if you're lucky, or the 19th during the day.

Shops will have it earlier.... amazon usually ships on sunday the tuesday releases, not that hard for a box to fall out of the radar and end on youtube or even worse ;)

I believe normal practice is to provide 99% of the game files as preload data, then on release day the final 1%, an essential file like the .exe, for instance.

I only hope to get my copy of the game on the 19th of May.Not a day later. I did not order from Amazon, but from a local game store and I really hope I can get my copy of the game asap :D

I believe normal practice is to provide 99% of the game files as preload data, then on release day the final 1%, an essential file like the .exe, for instance.

Then the boxed ones are gonna need a download, my guess is that you are gonna need to activate them at gog, and this, even if it is not drm, it is gonna act like one since the discs will be incomplete and useless, will only save you of the download (25-30 is not that big compared to gta now XD).

It will better to get it all at gog and burn the game for yourself.

That said I have it at gog since june the 7th, it does not change my situation, but at current moment it not clear how boxed opies are gonna work, they should have to clarify this point imho.

Then the boxed ones are gonna need a download, my guess is that you are gonna need to activate them at gog, and this, even if it is not drm, it is gonna act like one since the discs will be incomplete and useless, will only save you of the download (25-30 is not that big compared to gta now XD).

I don't know what will happen, but what you've just described is DRM, and it would cause problems for people in the future. So I'm pretty sure it isn't that.

There will be a day 1 patch to be able to play the game folks, even with the boxed editions ;) That's how they'll defend against playing the game early.

I doubt the patch is so you can actually play the game.
I'm pretty sure the boxed copies come 100% ready to play, any sort of barrier not allowing you to play the game would be considered DRM.
Imagine if you wanted to install the game on a laptop with no internet available to download the patch.

Yeah, I doubt you will need any patch to play the game. That defeats the purpose of buying a boxed product. I'm sure there will be a day one patch, but it'll just be some more tweaks, bug fixes, and add in the first round of DLC.

Were did these rumors come from then?

If you have a boxed version, you have to wait till you get your box. Then install it and play and no need for one day patch (although it might fix some problems).
And a pre load is available for the digital version only because only these versions really need it. I doubt installing the game will take 6 hours, while downloading the game can.

Hmmm, I guess you are right... Then I guess they will just have to trust the retailers and such. Although with CDPR's track record, I'm sure most people would want to support them and refrain from leaking it.

I wouldn't ever recommend playing games without the Day 1 patch in this day and age but yes it's not DRM more like an unfortunate byproduct of the times and all the 'complications' of the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom