TW3 PRELOAD - Availability

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine now that the game is being put on CDs and all, some will surely from the production who bought it for themselves as well, will just take a copy home and I bet they will be able to play much sooner than others :p

would like to know where gamespot got thier info from on the preload issue:
Now that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has gone gold, the open-world role-playing game has been made available for pre-order and pre-load on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Developer CD Projekt Red is not only offering the game at a nice discount for people who pre-order, but PS4 and Xbox One {confirmed for PC as well}users can start playing at 4 PM PDT / 7 PM EDT on May 18, a few hours before the game is scheduled to launch on May 19.

would like to know where gamespot got thier info from on the preload issue:

What preload issue?

If you're talking about the "18th May", it's simply that Gamespot forgot to take timezones into consideration. They corrected their article fairly quickly to explain that. The digital version unlocks at 1am CET, on 19th May, for everyone. It's just that this is still 18th May in the Americas.

And by the way can someone explain to me how to give/receive orens, it's listed as an achievement ??
thanks

Sure, after we play the game we'll let you know.

huh?

---------- Updated at 09:25 AM ----------

I meant achievement here on forum...

sorry I know it's off topic

Attachments

• 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 67
I am confused about the specific time when the game unlocks. I mean, it has been announced the game's be ready to play at 1:00 AM CET, but right now we're using CEST. So - huh? @Marcin Momot? Anyone? Not that an hour will make much of a difference (I intend to be sleeping at the time anyway), but some clarification would be appreciated.

According to my knowledge it's going to be unlocked at 1am London time.

Regarding the GOG version and day-one (and further) patches I can speak of my experience in the past....

TW2 has been made available earlier on GOG to preload, only the unlock of the game files happened at the release date.
GOG really stepped up their "game" in the last year with patches for games being available much faster.

e.g. Pillars Of Eternity got a few hotfixes and patches since release and GOG provided them immediately/same time they were announced/rolled out on steam.
I have a good feeling TW3 will get the same care and support from GOG and I think I won't have to worry about waiting for day-one and subsequent patches.

According to my knowledge it's going to be unlocked at 1am London time.

Hello Marcin, I'm planning to buy TW3 on PS4 (Hong Kong), I wanna know if I can pre-purchase and pre-load the game. (Usually games can't be pre-purchased at Playstaion Store HK, therefore it is impossible to pre-load any game, the only exception is The Last Of US. )

The Witcher 3 pre-load

Apparently wild hunt is now available to download on xbox one, but what about ps4 or pc? is it available for these two platforms as well? if not any idea when they will be available?

probably 5 day before release, like every game. Seriously, except 56k guys who care about pre dl a game 1 month before the release ?

Last edited:
probably 5 day before release, like every game. Seriously, except 56k guys who care about pre dl a game 1 month before the release ?

People who live in an area where high-speed internet isn't a thing, or is prohibitively expensive.

Which, by the way, is quite a large number of people. Not everyone is as fortunate as you, that's no reason to denigrate their circumstances, desires, or needs.

People who live in an area where high-speed internet isn't a thing, or is prohibitively expensive.

Which, by the way, is quite a large number of people. Not everyone is as fortunate as you, that's no reason to denigrate their circumstances, desires, or needs.
Also people without too much free time. For example, I will be travelling between 11-20 next month. A earlier preload would be welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom