TW3 PRELOAD - Availability

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I don't think the individual speed matters much ... because the servers won't give much more than 1-2 MB/s being (roughly, really roughly 10 - 20 Mbit)

I have the possibility to download at 1 Gbit/s, but let's be honest it's just useless in this case

When you get on to check and find you can download it, what should you do? I suggest not posting it on here :p Let everyone discover it for themselves and that way there also isn't a rush of people downloading at exact same time.

Not going to tell you if I'm downloading it right now or not MAWAHAHA

It's even worse for me. Not only my net is slow but also next week i will have to travel and i will only come back on 18...So there is no way in hell i will be able to download the whole game in a few hours. :sad:

i will only come back on 18...So there is no way in hell i will be able to download the whole game in a few hours.
travel to where there is internet ability? Just turn Remote Destop on your home machine and leave it up and running and remote in to start dload :D

EDIT: or possibly trust any friends...

And that means that they probably know when pre-load will start but they are not allowed to tell us. Oh well better late than never i guess.

That is speculation without foundation. It is equally likely that the reason is the pre-load is still being set up and coordinated. Microsoft was on the ball and ready to go early. The others are likely to involve the coordination of at least three parties: CDPR, the distributor (GOG, PSN, Valve), and the CDN (CDPR has used Edgecast in the past).

The problems with announcing the pre-load date prematurely and then being unable to complete all needed activities in time to meet it are FAR GREATER than the problems with not making an announcement until just before pre-loads are ready to start.

Thats pure bullshit, they have it ready long time ago the reason they arent releasing the preload so early is the fear of some pc hacker groups will some how manage to run the game before release, the irony is console release are the one they need to worry about since its already leaked and sold to the public in arab countries . there are gameplay vids all over the internet it will be hard to avoid spoilers now

it will be hard to avoid spoilers now

1) do you speak arabic.if you dont, then spoilers aren't really going to be a problem unless you actively look for them. so far, i have seen none.

2) gog galaxy is in beta, it'd be dumb to have an early preload now. and letting steam users preload early would send gog users insane, given they'd thrown their money directly at cdpr only to be seconded by steam. probably the same for origins and other digital platforms.

3) i'm 90 - 100% sure the silence on preloads has nothing to do with the leaked copies in arabic speaking countries

a spolier for me is even seen a new monster i havent seen before, i want to experince the game myself, anyhow your making more sense then the other guy, but still i think its fear of hackers and as you say galaxy is new so probaby fear of severs overload to, anyway im glad i went with steam.. and i hope they will at least say when the preload is going to happen is i still have to format my pc for this game

Last edited:
@kingeliran I'm okay with it, and @mecha_fish is always spoilers even though they are of other languages, CD Projekt was afraid that it was "anticipated" the game? As I said days ago, and unfortunately always will so it is useless to wait for preload, I would put it already from the beginning, now the D1 has broken with other countries. (And surely others will break even)

CD Projekt then immediately put the preload to other platforms (PS4, Steam and GOG) is now useless to wait, I want to immediately download the 35 GB and no problems of slow servers.

Thats pure bullshit, they have it ready long time ago the reason they arent releasing the preload so early is the fear of some pc hacker groups will some how manage to run the game before release

I think that's indeed the case, since the game does'nt have any kind of DRM, CDPR fears that with PC pre-load the game leaks early.

Steam has encryption so it is not a problem, but i don't know about GOG.

I think that's indeed the case, since the game does'nt have any kind of DRM, CDPR fears that with PC pre-load the game leaks early.

Steam has encryption so it is not a problem, but i don't know about GOG.

Even retail PC versions are not playable before release that is why they require one time internet connection. So that is not an issue even for GOG version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom