TW3 PRELOAD - Availability

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
was hoping anyone from cd project red confirms the date, some people have weak internet connections so i hope they help us by letting us download the GOG version at least 4 days before 19 May

I've read somewhere that PS4-Preload would start next Sunday, which would be a very short time indeed. Luckily it doesn't matter to me, since I'm going to get married that very weekend and probably won't play until a few days later. However, that was not an official source.

I could download 30 gb on one weekend but just to be sure let it be Tuesday the latest.

We're not talking about spoilers because like you said you just do not watch them, but we are talking about the fact that many countries have already broken the D1, and we are still waiting for the preload (to me a futile waiting), missing nine days and release the game and still no preload.

So what ? Yes some coutries broke the release date (for retail XBOX and PS4), this is something which is unfortunate but something which is out of the control and without responsibility of CDPR. So what has this issue to do with a preload date. Officially even now, if you order W3 from GOG or from steam they don´t even mention preload on their order sites. So every day you can download W3 before the 19th of may is a gift, maybe you should try to see it that way. Organizing a worldwide release with a download infrastructure which is (hopefully) capable of handling the traffic which will occur in the first few weeks is a major task and they want to make sure that when they give out a date that they can hold to their promise. The information will come this week they said, so let´s wait and see.

So every day you can download W3 before the 19th of may is a gift, maybe you should try to see it that way. Organizing a worldwide release with a download infrastructure which is (hopefully) capable of handling the traffic which will occur in the first few weeks is a major task and they want to make sure that when they give out a date that they can hold to their promise. The information will come this week they said, so let´s wait and see.
It's not a "gift". It's an opportunity. If CDPR screws up the launch of W3 because of server issues on GOG which is linked to GOG Galaxy, they'll do irreparable damage to it before it even launching. People have turned on similar services for far less and refuse to give it another shot.
So, earlier they allow pre-load, lesser the chance of server issues. If CDPR really wants to risk it for whatever reason and it doesn't work out, they'll regret it for sure.

I thought the PC version would be 60GB because of 4K textures. Unless they're being provided as a separate package.

I thought the PC version would be 60GB because of 4K textures. Unless they're being provided as a separate package.

ya i wouldent be surprised if thats the case. skyrim released a free high texture pack too. i know this isnt skyrim but its not the first time developers operate that way.

I thought the PC version would be 60GB because of 4K textures.
? What 4K textures? There was never any kind of notion that PC will get 4K textures. I think you may mean the 4K support mentioned by Nvidia for many games, that does not mean 4K textures no game has that, that's just about resolution. Aside from how ridiculous the VRAM requirements would be, try a bigger filesize maybe 150 or 200GB.

? What 4K textures? There was never any kind of notion that PC will get 4K textures. I think you may mean the 4K support mentioned by Nvidia for many games, that does not mean 4K textures no game has that, that's just about resolution. Aside from how ridiculous the VRAM requirements would be, try a bigger filesize maybe 150 or 200GB.

Haha, what I meant was hi-res textures for 4K resolution.

GoG recently got an updated library view for me in browser. When I hit "More" there is a link to GoG downloaders. This is what is under the downloaders. Pre-load soon hopefully.

Guys im downloading the witcher 3 on gog looks like it's available to preload :D 21,95 gb im doing it with the Gog downloader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom