TW3 PRELOAD - Availability

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and gentlemen this is the follow up to my previous post, once it has been downloaded and installed this is the message that appears. A harsh hit back to reality:

In my case, I have both the 50 gb prospective and the 22 gb one.

View attachment 13872

Interesting; looks like the doubling seen in past versions of GOG Downloader.

For the 26-27GB, the difference may be in GB vs. GiB (1 GiB approx. = 1.074 GB), but I have no explanation for the 50GB other than some mistake doubling the reported size.

Last edited:
Interesting; looks like the doubling seen in past versions of GOG Downloader.

For the 26-27GB, the difference may be in GB vs. GiB (1 GiB approx. = 1.05 GB), but I have no explanation for the 50GB other than some mistake doubling the reported size.

All it says now is "Release in 7 days" so everything went ok I suppose.

So what is the actual install size ? 26 GB ? or that's just the compressed setup ? 26 GB looks quite small for a game this huge.

Ladies and gentlemen this is the follow up to my previous post, once it has been downloaded and installed this is the message that appears. A harsh hit back to reality:

That's cooler than the way they handled TW2 pre-downloads. With them, you couldn't pre-install, because the completer file was the installer. Pre-download, pre-install, drop one file and go sounds like a winner to me. :beer:

Why? I'm cute! I was nice!

OK, I'm in Spain, the most expensive NET connections in the world in exchange of the worst service... What can I expect from it? :(

Sorry to hear that, hope it sorts itself out.

Btw, that cat looks just like one of ours - Wolfie. Totally OT but for some reason I felt to need to mention it :)

So what is the actual install size ? 26 GB ? or that's just the compressed setup ? 26 GB looks quite small for a game this huge.

That would be the compressed installer. They said 35GB as installed, which would be about right for an installer that consisted partly of compressed archives.

That would be the compressed installer. They said 35GB as installed, which would be about right for an installer that consisted partly of compressed archives.

And then, with all of the expansions and dlcs, the folder will probably reach 50gb. Sounds about right, I think.

I installed the game and its 24.5 GB for me. I even doublechecked to see if I was missing any files. I got the shortcut and everything.

I installed the game and its 24.5 GB for me. I even doublechecked to see if I was missing any files. I got the shortcut and everything.
Same. We all should agree on a Gb size, because people here telling me their installed game is bigger make me worry.

So far the installed footprint is virtually the same...

A bit of a surprise. That suggests the installed files are mainly compressed archive files. I suspect we'll hear more about efforts to reverse-engineer these files (what compression was used, etc.) as we have nothing better to do until the completer file comes out.

Let's talk file size for a bit.

The game, at least on Steam Doesn't go into the "common" folder, but "depotcache". There you will find a bunch of oddly named files. What it is to take from this is that you don't know the actual size, when they unzip. So really, there's no point talking about file size, unless you're having space constrains.

Edit: well, got beaten to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom