TW3 PRELOAD - Availability

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be the compressed installer. They said 35GB as installed, which would be about right for an installer that consisted partly of compressed archives.

Any idea of what my !Downloads and the The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt folders are? Both have over 20 gb, with different sizes. Maybe one of them will be deleted once the game patches and goes live?

Any idea of what my !Downloads and the The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt folders are? Both have over 20 gb, with different sizes. Maybe one of them will be deleted once the game patches and goes live?

The first is the installer packages, the second is your new game directory.

setup_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_2.0.0.28

Now is this 2.0.0.28 a version number for the game, a GOG specific file code or what? Interesting.

so... the pre-download goes very slowly, that's when I decided to check out the achievements... Don't do that, if you want to avoid spoilers.

I currently wonder why GOG Galaxy downloaded 43 GB and the install folder just has 24,5 GB. Did I load all language packs just not to install them? There is nothing left in the download folder. Strange.

I currently wonder why GOG Galaxy downloaded 43 GB and the install folder just has 24,5 GB. Did I load all language packs just not to install them? There is nothing left in the download folder. Strange.
Did you accidentally also download the installer file, which is meant to be used as a backup of the game? It would add another 22GB to your download.

Did you accidentally also download the installer file, which is meant to be used as a backup of the game? It would add another 22GB to your download.
Don't know about that. Just hit "install" in galaxy and it loaded 43 GB. I didn't click on the installer. Maybe a bug....but I don't care.. I have it...this is all that counts. Now give me that missing file already ;-)

Hmm... I've finished installing, now just waiting for the patch/release like everyone else. Can I safely delete this !Downloads folder?

I *think* so, but if you needed to modify the install you'd need to download it again... depends how critical storage space and download bandwidths are to you.

You can incidentally modify the options for Galaxy to send downloads and installed game to different locations if you for example have a large&slow HDD and an SSD.

so im in the uk, but have pre ordered the game on my usa account to get it cheaper, then playing on my normal uk account after setting the usa one to primary account, i am wondering if ill be able to play on the 18th ? as i know usa gets the game on the 18th

Guest 3790055

They get the game the 18th because it is the 19th in Europe. So no, you will play the 19th.

Yes, everyone gets the game at the same time. I admit timezones can be a confusing subject, but once you get it, it's a breeze ;p

i see, so even if im on my usa ps4 account in the uk it doesnt matter because it knows youre in the uk, i guess it knows ip address ?

just read above post, yeah i do find it a bit confusing lol, just want to play it asap, havnt played any good games for ages now, i only like the big name games, skyrim, fallout all the big ones apart from generic fps games like cod, love wolfenstein though,

Last edited:
i see, so even if im on my usa ps4 account in the uk it doesnt matter because it knows youre in the uk, i guess it knows ip address ?

All that matters is the official release time. People's locations won't affect anything in that matter because the game is unblocked and bam, the whole world starts playing it. If this happens during 3 am in someone's timezone, I guess that's too bad.

EDIT: I'm in the same case as the U.S. I live in Brazil, so the worldwide release happens at the 18th during the evening in my timezone.

Last edited:
Simultaneous Global Release is still a pretty wondrous thing, though, isn't it?

So many different things at work just to pull something like that off. A marvel only possible in the modern age.

lol ok cool cheers, cant frikin wait, its like being a little kid at christmas, and im 30, couldnt give to shits about all the downgrade drama, i know the game will look amazing and will hopefully be more handcrafted and not full of fetch quests like skyrim, and i bloody still loved skyrim, so its pretty much a sure thing ill love this game

Simultaneous Global Release is still a pretty wondrous thing, though, isn't it?

So many different things at work just to pull something like that off. A marvel only possible in the modern age.

Do you remember back when Half Life 2 released? I think the game had its official release date in the U.S, so the game arrived one day "earlier" (at the same time) in Australia. People were mad in forums thinking the people in Oceania were having privileges and stuff xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom