Not open for further replies.
Already able to preload the game on GOG

Attachments

• GOG.jpg
    GOG.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I mentioned it earlier.
But use the manual browser download for the witcher 3 to have max speeds.
When i was using galaxy or gog downloader, it stuck at 0.3mb per second.
When i used the manual download, i had 1.5mb per second (my maximum) all the time.
So still 2.5gb left for me to download, then install the whole thing and im done.
You better not be stubborn if you want good speeds. I know its a bit more work since you have to have to start 8 separate downloads, but if you care about speed, then use this way :)

Edit: If you want to use Jdownloader (like me) then you have to start the downloads first in your browser. Then (in Chrome) underneath the files name is the direct link to where you download from. So start all downloads simultainously and then copy those direct links to jdownloader, and let jdownloader handle the rest. Max speed this way :)

I mentioned it earlier.
But use the manual browser download for the witcher 3 to have max speeds.
When i was using galaxy or gog downloader, it stuck at 0.3mb per second.
When i used the manual download, i had 1.5mb per second (my maximum) all the time.
So still 2.5gb left for me to download, then install the whole thing and im done.
You better not be stubborn if you want good speeds. I know its a bit more work since you have to have to start 8 separate downloads, but if you care about speed, then use this way :)

Edit: If you want to use Jdownloader (like me) then you have to start the downloads first in your browser. Then (in Chrome) underneath the files name is the direct link to where you download from. So start all downloads simultainously and then copy those direct links to jdownloader, and let jdownloader handle the rest. Max speed this way :)

I had my maximum speed with Galaxy the whole duration of my download. I guess it just varies.

how are you guys able to pre download so early, on my ps4 it says i can only start predownloading on the 17th and im wondering if thats even enough time, ill probably still be downloading it on release

how are you guys able to pre download so early, on my ps4 it says i can only start predownloading on the 17th and im wondering if thats even enough time, ill probably still be downloading it on release

Because it seems to be different for every platform. Microsoft was first like two weeks ago, now it's Steam & GOG and it looks like PSN will be last. Personally I believe that's Sony's decision, since preloading generally seems to start very late on PS4.

so ps4 owners have to wait till the 17th to preload wich kinda defeats the whole purpous, oh well good job my internet is half decent, as long as the speeds are good, probably take half a day, and in the uk, i can start playing at 12.00 pm tuesday, wich is kinda like going to a midnight launch, wich they dont do anywhere i live so i guess i get the advantage of playing at 12.00 am tuesday, rather than waiting till morning for the postman at like 11.00am, so i should get to play it a little earlier at least im trying to justify getting the digital version here guys case you didnt notice lol

Speaking of witch, would it require 35GB + preloaded files on the Steam version? Cause I only have 43GB left on the SSD and I don't know how this preload operation is handled.

Last edited:
Speaking of witch, would it require 35GB + preloaded files on the Steam version? Cause I only have 43GB left on the SSD and I don't know how this preload operation is handled.

GTA V needed something around 65 gb and while decrypting it took over 120 gb. So if the game is 21,3 gb + language pack (3 gb) - the total size while encrypting should be close to 50 gb

Last edited:
GTA V needed something around 65 gb and while encrypting it took over 120 gb. So if the game is 21,3 gb + language pack (3 gb) - the total size while encrypting should be close to 50 gb

<delete local files>
My internet is good enough. 40 min and the game is downloaded and installed.

Downloaded and installed, game size is 24,5 GB ( after install), after clicking on witcher icon it says "last small piece of the game has to be downloaded". Anyone know how big is this piece? I thought W3 got 40 GB.

Downloading and installing done!:

So now to wait :)

And btw, i got a shortcut on my desktop as you can see.
So probally with gog galaxy you wont get a shortcut, and with manual installing you do get one.

And the final size when installed btw is for me 24.5gb :)

After about an hour the game is finally installed. Wonderful, that means 1 hour of extra gameplay on launch day.

I'm assuming the soundtracks and the compendium would only be available by May 19th even if I pre-load the game now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom