TW3-RedKit: Any word on release?

+
Ok, so now we got some mod tools to fuck up the game. (who ever wants to do that) Do we get a Redkit2 also to make new maps/quests or not?

Based on this tweet nope.

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/632182348260470784

---------- Updated at 04:07 PM ----------

Ok, so now we got some mod tools to fuck up the game. (who ever wants to do that) Do we get a Redkit2 also to make new maps/quests or not?

Based on this tweet nope.

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/632182348260470784

If they released this tools now then we can assume the REDKIT 2 is still a work in progress and will not be ready for a very long time. But assumption is the mother of all fuck ups, so let's have patience and enjoy what we have right now.

I'd be very surprised if releasing the tools suite is practical. Many licensed middlewares... Some of them have free or 'small enterprise' versions, so you may be able to prepare files using the same workflows (or improvise an alternative one that accomplishes the same thing).

Might be wrong, and a full suite of tools may follow in due course, but I'd certainly not expect it until after the expansions arrive.

We can do a ton of stuff with the tools we have now though.

I'd be very surprised if releasing the tools suite is practical. Many licensed middlewares... Some of them have free or 'small enterprise' versions, so you may be able to prepare files using the same workflows (or improvise an alternative one that accomplishes the same thing).

Might be wrong, and a full suite of tools may follow in due course, but I'd certainly not expect it until after the expansions arrive.

We can do a ton of stuff with the tools we have now though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't create new items.
You can only modify the items already existent.

Last edited:
Call it. Without a RedKit2 it doesn't matter how much good is this game (and it is, it's very good), without new mods, expecially quest mods like the one we have for Skyrim, this game will forgotten soon after the expensions are out.

That's such a shame, since there will not be another Witcher game for at least 6 or 7 years (starting from 2016 the devs will work on cyberpunk) having a RedKit2 and so all the mods would have be a blessing. No way this game can be played again, from time to time, for the next 6 or 7 years without an editor. Simply no way.

Skyrim came out in 2011, 4 years later I still play it from time to time, and next month I will install it again to play the Summerset Isle mod, a mod that adds 30 hours quests and a new world. In a few months Enderal will be out, a total conversion for Skyrim. That is how you do modding support!

I was dreaming about a total conversion like Enderal for the Witcher game, but now that's impossible. Fuck you CD Project Red, you always talk about respect for the gaming community and then you say such a big lie to us!

Last edited:
Call it. Without a RedKit2 it doesn't matter how much good is this game (and it is, it's very good), without new mods, expecially quest mods like the one we have for Skyrim, this game will forgotten soon after the expensions are out.

That's such a shame, since there will not be another Witcher game for at least 6 or 7 years (starting from 2016 the devs will work on cyberpunk) having a RedKit2 and so all the mods would have be a blessing. No way this game can be played again, from time to time, for the next 6 or 7 years without an editor. Simply no way.

Skyrim came out in 2011, 4 years later I still play it from time to time, and next month I will install it again to play the Summerset Isle mod, a mod that adds 30 hours quests and a new world. In a few months Enderal will be out, a total conversion for Skyrim. That is how you do modding support!

I was dreaming about a total conversion like Enderal for the Witcher game, but now that's impossible. Fuck you CD Project Red, you always talk about respect for the gaming community and then you say such a big lie to us!

Momot said that "for now" this is the mod support. Releasing a full modkit with content creator require a lot of time, and first they need to fix the game and the engine. Later, they can release the redkit.
The modkit is something released ASAP, a tool that allow you to convert the file of the game, starting to have some confidence with the files.
Just, don't freak out.

Do you know that Skyrim for instance, is nothing but a base for modders?
The clean game ain't bad, but not grand either.
That is done by mods.
I began my tenth TW3 run through... but, not even ingame, I killed it off.
It's no longer interesting, and I bet, MANY have the same issue, likely after the fourth run-through already...

I will go look for another game, but which.
Plenty out there, just as many that are unplayable.
Few exceptions like Mass Effect series, The Elder Scroll series (EXCLUDING ONLINE!!! God what a failure), The Crysis series, ...
But the quality of most games is beyond saddening.
As if we took a trip back in time to 1990, the time of Half Life.
Lately game released lack graphical progress, storyline, but they still charge for a 'pro game".

One of the problems is that we ALLOW this, no matter what they throw at us, we'll go get it.
We do not revolt, we do not complain, we shut our brain down and go out to get whatever game.
It is our fault, indeed.

But this still leaves me game-less.
I COULD install one of the afore-mentioned games, I have GTA5 installed (not that pleased with it), heck, I could even go play DOOM (the 1993 game) or Unreal (1998).
I even have Diablo (1997) and it's add-on Hellfire.
Freelancer (2003), maybe?

Maybe someone of you people could give me a suggestion for a playable game (storywise/graphical)?

System Shock (if you can handle the graphics ~ portable works on modern systems), System Shock 2 if you need a more modern title.

Do you know that Skyrim for instance, is nothing but a base for modders?
The clean game ain't bad, but not grand either.
That is done by mods.
I began my tenth TW3 run through... but, not even ingame, I killed it off.
It's no longer interesting, and I bet, MANY have the same issue, likely after the fourth run-through already...

I will go look for another game, but which.
Plenty out there, just as many that are unplayable.
Few exceptions like Mass Effect series, The Elder Scroll series (EXCLUDING ONLINE!!! God what a failure), The Crysis series, ...
But the quality of most games is beyond saddening.
As if we took a trip back in time to 1990, the time of Half Life.
Lately game released lack graphical progress, storyline, but they still charge for a 'pro game".

One of the problems is that we ALLOW this, no matter what they throw at us, we'll go get it.
We do not revolt, we do not complain, we shut our brain down and go out to get whatever game.
It is our fault, indeed.

But this still leaves me game-less.
I COULD install one of the afore-mentioned games, I have GTA5 installed (not that pleased with it), heck, I could even go play DOOM (the 1993 game) or Unreal (1998).
I even have Diablo (1997) and it's add-on Hellfire.
Freelancer (2003), maybe?

Maybe someone of you people could give me a suggestion for a playable game (storywise/graphical)?

I dont agree with what I think you are saying.

But STALKER.

Top Bottom