TW3 Save game import

+
So - what do people think will be the "best" save to use and why? Which path is thought to provide a better (more interesting) starting point for W3?

Do you guys think there will be stuff transferred only from the direct save? We know CDPRED has some sort of system for setting up your own world state if you wish(Probably Dandelion telling you a drunken story and you correct him or something), but will importing an actual save file open up anything that the "set up" offer won't?

Guest 3782876

What exactly changes the save imported from the witcher 2 and barber system? will have more consequences or will be the same ? if is the same is better to use Barber system.

What exactly changes the save imported from the witcher 2 and barber system? will have more consequences or will be the same ? if is the same is better to use Barber system.

I really doubt if that will be answered before launch. Consequences will, and should be, a surprise. :)
The only benefit I would expect from an imported savegame is equipment, but they've strongly implied that won't happen.

World state

Dear CDPR,

Will we be able to have a kind of easy way to alter world state, like dragonagekeep do?
I played and finished The Witcher 2 on XBOX360 but I sold my XBOX360, I have it on Steam too but haven't played it.
I hope I can bring the choices I did on my playthrough before, I wan't to start The Witcher 3 as soon as possible.
Especially choices about Saskia.

^_^

Yes and it's in game and no where near as extensive as DA keep. Only a relatively small number of decisions matter and they will have minor impact on overall narrative.

TW3 with TW2 savegame.

is there any news on what additional content (or difference) will bring the savegame of TW2 in TW3?

Will there be a way to add in our choices for those who had the PC Version but now are getting the console version?

Did they announce this yet?

Please anyone but Chris P reply thank you

I am pretty sure they said you will speak with an NPC early on in the game about prior events, describing what happened and this will set the TW3 world to match what you describe happened in TW2. This is for all versions of the game (PC, XBOX, PS4). This will not import items (armor, weapons, etc.), just add or remove NPCS depending on who you said lived or died and perhaps alter some political situations or relationships between Geralt and various NPCs. Or at least that is my understanding.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure they said you will speak with an NPC early on in the game about prior events, describing what happened and this will set the TW3 world to match what you describe happened in TW2. This is for all versions of the game (PC, XBOX, PS4). This will not import items (armor, weapons, etc.), just add or remove NPCS depending on who you said lived or died and perhaps alter some political situations or relationships between Geralt and various NPCs. Or at least that is my understanding.

Thank you

Correct, that is what they said in the Twitch stream

I think not, but we don't know.
I hope for the sake of god we have changes like weapons and gear that carry over and money, mutagens and other stuff like witcher 1 to 2 save import else i am pretty disapointed maybe they still going to do this before release, so CD Projekt RED if u read this please make thousands of witcher 2 fans happy with this, and that the save import can change more then the barber thing.

Guest 3782876

I hope for the sake of god we have changes like weapons and gear that carry over and money, mutagens and other stuff like witcher 1 to 2 save import else i am pretty disapointed maybe they still going to do this before release, so CD Projekt RED if u read this please make thousands of witcher 2 fans happy with this, and that the save import can change more then the barber thing.

Well mate, I think you will not be able to import your weapons :/ they confirm that, in the last stream.

I'm assuming that this is just an option... Like, if you never played any Witcher game, you can skip this questions, right?
I don't wanna make choices, based on something I never did.

It seems logic to me, but I wanna be sure.

Top Bottom