TW3 Save game import

+
Are there any items/money and minor choices that are transferred over? Is it worth playing all the games again just to get all the items you want?

Are there any items/money and minor choices that are transferred over? Is it worth playing all the games again just to get all the items you want?

Choices do carry over, to what extent we don't really know. Items however do not carry over.

Last edited:
I still want to know on this thread, if possible ofcourse, if one off the developers can explain to me what is going to get carried over with the save import, and if certain characters will return in the witcher 3 if u let them alive in 2, just a yes or a no, and i am happy xD

Its almost tuesday so that should be nice if they trow in some new information about this.

Last edited:
He said it will be "reset".
That doesn't mean that we lose all our hard-earned dark mode amor and swords. We already saw the swords used in the trailers and screenshots.
But the power of the items should be reduced of course.
I have still hope.

Sorry if already answered, but will we keep our Dark Mode Armor and Swords in W3?

edit: just read the post a couple of posts above mine.... So no reward in W3 for doing Dark Mode... bummer. :/

there is no item transfer from witcher 2 to witcher 3.

There are no special items for playing on higher difficulties in witcher 3.

there might be armor and swords that look similar to the dark mode gear from witcher 2.

I still want to know on this thread, if possible ofcourse, if one off the developers can explain to me what is going to get carried over with the save import, and if certain characters will return in the witcher 3 if u let them alive in 2, just a yes or a no, and i am happy xD

Its almost tuesday so that should be nice if they trow in some new information about this.

No items, someone posted the choices you will be asked if you don't import the save a couple of pages back, so we can assume those are the most important ones.
As for returning characters they wont tell us, that would be considered as a spoiler, and personally i want to be surprised by returning characters.

All I would like is confirmation that more than just the basic choices make it to W3 especially if you have a W2 save based on a W1 save import, if not there could be some serious alterations to my play through if W3 uses some defaults that I didn't select on my play of W1 / W2

Choices do carry over, to what extent we don't really know. Items however do not carry over.
Wait, what? :(

Aww, that's odd. I remember seeing TW2 Dark Mode swords in some of the TW3 screens from last year. Hopefully you can find/craft them in TW3, I really like how some of them looked.

Last edited:
I'm totally okay with not being able to use imported gear... But if we could have them in, say, the armory in Kaer Morhen for exhibit... That would be a nice touch!

I'll probably import my old Witcher 2 save file.

I'm just curious how carried away they got with decisions, only major decisions or am I going to run into characters/monsters I met in sidequests?
Either way, super hyped!

From the bitmap and sav files in our Witcher 2 saves folder, which ones do we need to have in order to import our choices? All of them or just the last two before the game ended?

So does anyone have a quote or a source that can clarify this; Will importing a save file have additional content or choices that aren't in the interrogation cinematic?

I keep asking and searching for this info, but no one has a clear answer. I would like to know this before I can make an informed purchasing decision. If importing on PC will give me more choices and consequences, than that is critical information to me. And I am not talking about the tattoo!

Has it been confirmed that there's an actual save import, or does everyone have to select their choices during the prologue?

So does anyone have a quote or a source that can clarify this; Will importing a save file have additional content or choices that aren't in the interrogation cinematic?

I keep asking and searching for this info, but no one has a clear answer. I would like to know this before I can make an informed purchasing decision. If importing on PC will give me more choices and consequences, than that is critical information to me. And I am not talking about the tattoo!

I'm the same, I will be disappointed if only the major choices from the conversation are imported, so much other nuances will be lost, and the default state may contradict my play through.

As well as it being a step back from the stuff imported from W1 to W2

I would imagine many small things that won't change the world state in a major way will be acknowledged. For example, if you kept the tattoo in the previous game, it's gonna be present in this game. Every other time developers were asked the question, they just remained coy and asked players to find out for themselves. So, I would say yes but not in a major way. Just fun little call backs.

Last edited:
So, I would say yes but not in a major way. Just fun little call backs.

Well that's all well and good for smaller things like the tattoo, but what about wether Adda is alive, as W2 mentions her as married to Radovid if you saved her as I did. However the W2 default state was that Adda was dead, so if the W3 save import doesn't pull that choice through then it would seriously affect the continuity of my game.

IMHO the initial five questions are all the choices that the game will import from old savegame, so no matter to import old savegame,
asnwer to that five questions and you set.

Top Bottom