TW3 slows down PC while the game still runs normally

+
It's been like 3 days now and it happened so suddenly. Everytime the Witcher 3 is running, my PC gets ridiculously laggy. The weird part is that the game itself runs and plays normally with the exception of keyboard inputs, but everything else in the background becomes so slow. I first noticed it trying to type some stuff into the debug console; keyboard inputs were laggy but gamepad inputs were normal. When the game gets minimized into the background, the PC becomes nigh unusable (takes like 30+ seconds for a right click menu to show up.

Another thing is that other games run normally without affecting the pc. I haven't changed anything recently and have tried removing mods, turning off reshade and even made an alternate install; still lags in the back. This is really bizarre because I've been playing for 2 years with no issue and this suddenly happens. Can't find anything relevant on the net either.

I would really appreciate any input into the matter.

specs
gtx 970
i5 4690k
8 gb ram
windows 8.1

Last edited:
At first, game started to crashing everytime when I try to open the game. After that I uninstalled and downloaded it again and game started to work again but game is extremely slow it's like very slow slideshow I'm getting 0 FPS. Even loading screen stutters. Please help I miss Witcher 3. (Before this problem I played this game a lot so I don't think my specs are low for this game.)

My Specs: Intel i3 6098P 3.60 GHz
AMD RX 460 4GB
MSI H110M PRO-VD
8GB DDR4 2133MHz RAM
WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD

This guy's problem is same with mine.

Can you identify anything that changed on your system recently? Windows update, installed new software or hardware, tried out overclocking, new drivers, changed bios settings, fiddled with program priorities, etc.?

Wow...strange. 2-in-a-row...

Can you identify anything that changed on your system recently? Windows update, installed new software or hardware, tried out overclocking, new drivers, changed bios settings, fiddled with program priorities, etc.?

Wow...strange. 2-in-a-row...
I changed literally nothing. But as strangely as the problem appeared, it seems to have resolved itself today just as mysteriously. Again, with no changes on my part. Would have been nice to know what caused it.

Top Bottom