TW3 trailer at VGX 2013

+
guipit said:
so uhhh

Anyone want the song from the trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CczPsYFtJxs
Thanks.
I like it because it's exotic, it has a Middle Eastern vibe to it.
Sargon (name of the song) was an Akkadian emperor who is famous for his conquest of Sumerian states.

archaven said:
Graphics don't look great to me especially Geralt himself. Also the design of that skeleton king? Not that trembling to me. Overall i like the city a lot. I hope it beat Assassin's Creed 4 in terms of immersion and visual realism.

Here...let me fix that for you.

Graphics look amazing, and will only get better by the time the game comes out. Also the design of the Wild Hunt King arguably beats even the Lord of the Rings movies. And in terms of immersion and visual realism, AC4 isn't even that far ahead of TW2 so I don't think it will be able to compete. AC5, The Division and PC version of GTA V are the closest thing to competition TW3 has.

ShoMee said:
Here...let me fix that for you.

Graphics look amazing, and will only get better by the time the game comes out. Also the design of the Wild Hunt King arguably beats even the Lord of the Rings movies. And in terms of immersion and visual realism, AC4 isn't even that far ahead of TW2 so I don't think it will be able to compete. AC5, The Division and PC version of GTA V are the closest thing to competition TW3 has.

Ryse, Deep Down, and Project CARS, to me those games have far better technically impressive graphics than anything else today, however, TW3 combining quality close to that with artistic design and detail has taken the title of "game with the best graphics ever" for me.

Geraltofbsas said:
Ryse, Deep Down, and Project CARS, to me those games have far better technically impressive graphics than anything else today, however, TW3 combining quality close to that with artistic design and detail has taken the title of "game with the best graphics ever" for me.

it's also worth mentioning that there isn't much going on underneath ryse, deep down and project cars that is comparable to a witcher game. ryse is a typical slasher game with awful ai, deep down is an mmo with rudimentary ai, project cars uses an engine that's purpose build for driving simulation, leaving plenty of room for visuals. their engine also utilizes gpu properly, not like say arma 3, which is a bunch of modern tech shoved onto a decade old engine that barely chugs along, failing to utilize gpu properly, rendering shadows using cpu, and other terrible techniques indicative of devs not caring about optimization.

also, ryse looks pretty terrible actually.

the day shall arrive!!!!
well after that show i realized the only real next-gen is till the witcher 3. others are just advertised as next-gen.

seamusgod said:
it's also worth mentioning that there isn't much going on underneath ryse, deep down and project cars that is comparable to a witcher game. ryse is a typical slasher game with awful ai, deep down is an mmo with rudimentary ai, project cars uses an engine that's purpose build for driving simulation, leaving plenty of room for visuals. their engine also utilizes gpu properly, not like say arma 3, which is a bunch of modern tech shoved onto a decade old engine that barely chugs along, failing to utilize gpu properly, rendering shadows using cpu, and other terrible techniques indicative of devs not caring about optimization.

also, ryse looks pretty terrible actually.

yeah absolutely, as soon as we start getting into the context of the game further than just how it looks superficially its easy to see TW3 is a monster of another kind.

BTW i didnt know ARMA3 utilizes the cpu for shadows, that sounds almost absurd, although i dont understand much about this subject.

Geraltofbsas said:
yeah absolutely, as soon as we start getting into the context of the game further than just how it looks superficially its easy to see TW3 is a monster of another kind.

BTW i didnt know ARMA3 utilizes the cpu for shadows, that sounds almost absurd, although i dont understand much about this subject.
Oh yeah, good luck running Arma 3 on anything but the latest CPU.

slimgrin said:
As to the dialog: "you cannot defy the call of the last deal, you can only surrender." That's what I hear.
I assumed it was elvish or an unknown language, it sounds like a title they're using for themselves. "Mas dihl" or something along those lines.

After carefully listening to it a hundred times it really seems like he just says cold of our steel.

I'm looking at the awesome GIFs some of you posted and it's just SAD that it's all we've got after another long 6 months of waiting(and probably less than a year from release)...a few seconds, looped to infinity.

Greetings,

so after i got some sleep, after that annoying VGX show (who took definatly to long to get to TW3 Trailer)
i watched the Trailer again :D and 50 secs :D ist TWO DAMN SHORT! :D CDPR pls make a longer one for the
offical side PLEEEEAAAAASSSSEEE?! (Doggy Eyes)

But ok the shortness doesn t decrease the quality of the trailer, in my opinion just awesome.
Makes it more harder to wait for the game, doesn t it? :D

Geralts face seems to be sweating... thats it i think and yes i find it great to have such details in TW3.

The sound during the speech of the hunt reminds me of the dark mood of TW1 good one CDPR...
BTW i have trouble with hearing (chronically tinitus) and the Hunt says definatly
"you can not defy the cold of our steel" ;)

so long

gregski said:
I'm looking at the awesome GIFs some of you posted and it's just SAD that it's all we've got after another long 6 months of waiting(and probably less than a year from release)...a few seconds, looped to infinity.
I wasn't expecting RED to show anything proper before 2014. I sure as hell hope what they do show next year will be godtier.

Alextyc1 said:
I have a new hobby,
Watching this trailer
Likewise...I'm also searching for the best quality :p

gregski said:

I sure hope it had something to do with VGX (maybe you pay by the minute?), and that's why they had to keep it short. If not, by this standard the next trailer will be 30 seconds long.

If there's one thing that makes me most happy about this trailer though, is that I see some proper Slavic themes in the 2 seconds where they show the village/farm.

gregski said:
If there's one thing that makes me most happy about this trailer though, is that I see some proper Slavic themes in the 2 seconds where they show the village/farm.

Yes I must admit the village was a breath of fresh air, all 1 second of it. I missed those themes so much...

slimgrin said:
His skin tone looks too tawny, or tan.

The one thing I can't get over is how friggin huge everything seems. The city..if that is really all explorable territory. Holy hell.

As to the dialog: "you cannot defy the call of the last deal, you can only surrender." That's what I hear.

Isn't he saying " You can't defy the cold of our steel" ?

Top Bottom