TW3 upgrade for PS4 Pro?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want CPR to focus on their next game(not gwent).Of course it would have been great if they could add some new lightning,new scripts and a proper mod support.

Is anyone else playing on a ps4 pro on a 4k TV? I got a ps4 pro in December though I was only playing on a normal HD TV, I did notice more stable frame rates, especially in Novigrad. I stayed away from a 4k TV because of the price, but splashed out on a Sony 4K TV 4 days ago....I see a major difference especially with fog detail and general graphics overall even though the game has no HDR support it still looks much better than on my old ps4 on a regular HD TV.

Anyone else notice a difference?

Potestaquisitor;n7549500 said:
Is anyone else playing on a ps4 pro on a 4k TV? I got a ps4 pro in December though I was only playing on a normal HD TV, I did notice more stable frame rates, especially in Novigrad. I stayed away from a 4k TV because of the price, but splashed out on a Sony 4K TV 4 days ago....I see a major difference especially with fog detail and general graphics overall even though the game has no HDR support it still looks much better than on my old ps4 on a regular HD TV.

Anyone else notice a difference?

I don't have a PS4 Pro, but I recently purchased a new 4K HDR TV and am currently replaying TW3. I can definitely tell a difference, at least in terms of the lighting and ability to perceive small details that I would have otherwise overlooked. On my old 24 inch television I could hardly see at night time and had to perpetually use Cat.

Hey there CD Projekt. Considering that Witcher III was part of the One X library line-up at yesterday's conference, I figured I'd track this topic down... If the One X gets considerable enhancements on the new Xbox, is there any chance us PS4 Pro players might benefit as well? I've already got my Platinum trophy, but I do have some unfinished business in Beauclair... Just saying. I'm assuming it'll be a less straightforward "port" than the One X, but even if it's just 1440p and a few other minor enhancements,we'll take it.

release_15;n8871220 said:
Hey there CD Projekt. Considering that Witcher III was part of the One X library line-up at yesterday's conference, I figured I'd track this topic down... If the One X gets considerable enhancements on the new Xbox, is there any chance us PS4 Pro players might benefit as well? I've already got my Platinum trophy, but I do have some unfinished business in Beauclair... Just saying. I'm assuming it'll be a less straightforward "port" than the One X, but even if it's just 1440p and a few other minor enhancements,we'll take it.

They confirmed that they are also doing an update for PS4 Pro

"I can confirm that we are working both on Xbox One X and PS4 Pro patches for The Witcher 3," CD Projekt Red told me this afternoon. "No extra details at this moment. More info is coming."

Daywalker30;n8875030 said:
They confirmed that they are also doing an update for PS4 Pro

As someone who does not not plan on buying a 4K TV in the foreseeable future (basically until UHD television is an established thing), I sincerely hope that CDPR go the extra mile and - in addition to the expected 4K checkerboard rendering - include an enhanced graphics mode for 1080 TVs that boosts the visuals, bringing them closer to the high/ultra settings of the PC version. It would be a shame if all they did was to provide super-sampling for regular HD displays.

Last edited:
PS4 PRO Patch

I have read about a PS4 PRO patch after XBOX:X annoucment, is the Patch real? Any news about it?

They should've done a Enhanced Edition for TW3 (let's be honest, the game really needs it) instead of wasting time and resources on a graphical patch for consoles.

Snake9027;n9093430 said:
They should've done a Enhanced Edition for TW3 (let's be honest, the game really needs it) instead of wasting time and resources on a graphical patch for consoles.

We don't represent enough benefits

They prove that since the poor mod support with the toolkit they released and the number of bugs still present to date (even on DLC).

Hmm, only a 4K patch?

And what if someone doesn't have a 4K TV, but does have a PS4 Pro?

Will there be any enhancements on that matter too?

mark5916;n9515821 said:
Hmm, only a 4K patch?

And what if someone doesn't have a 4K TV, but does have a PS4 Pro?

Will there be any enhancements on that matter too?

From what I gather it's a "boost" for the PS4 Pro and the new Xbox one. So I imagine you would see enhancements regardless of whether you have a 4K TV or not.

VilhelmTell;n9518531 said:
From what I gather it's a "boost" for the PS4 Pro and the new Xbox one. So I imagine you would see enhancements regardless of whether you have a 4K TV or not.

Hmm, if u mean boost mode, like the PS4 "boost" mode then obviously we will don't get much.

As boost mode, as it works on "The Witcher 3" locks the game at 30 fps. At least it plays that way on my PS4 pro.

If u mean enhancements, like better graphics, lightning, view distances and similar stuff, then that would be awesome.

What i hoped for with that patch is:

1) 1080p 60FPS

2) Super-sampled 1080p graphics.

The first one is most unlikely to be happen.

The second one is a double edged sword. U get better looking graphics but to make it to work the game needs to be optimized properly.

Otherwise bad things can happen like Skyrim S.E. on the PS4 Pro, if u know what i mean. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom