Tweak to Keywords (Harmony, Patience)

+
(NEW) HARMONY
"Boost self by 1 or the specified amount whenever you play a Scoia'tael unit, whose primary category is different from all units in this row." (The second clause also counts non-ST units.)

(NEW) PATIENCE X
"At the end of your turn, increase this unit's Patience by 1 if its Order is not used. Patience resets when the unit leaves the field or after its Order is used."
(Units with Patience will have their Order effect referencing it, instead of having a bracketed number on its description. Examples: Gerhard will have "Patience 4" to reflect his starting effect value, while the students will have "Patience 0", similarly, Istredd will have "Patience 1".)

Harmony is very underpowered, eventhough its concept is very cool. Instead of making it triggers whenever a new unit enters the field, I prefer the above change. This change enables the player to organize the "harmonization" process, and possibly connects some Move plays to it.

On that other keyword however, blatant ridiculousness. While people might blame the cards for the whole thing to be OP, I blame the keyword instead. I feel that how it's permanent in a faction that has a form of efficient resurrection and order-refreshing mechanics is the main blame for its OPness.

The Archgriffin "meme" deck works not because Archgriffin shuffles itself back into the deck. It works because after Leticia uses Order and gets her Order refreshed again in the same turn, her Patience doesn't get reset and actually get doubled instead. But even not talking about this abuse, or the existence of Alumni, they still keep their Patience even after their "death", which is outright OP in itself.

Tweaks to cards might be needed, but I'm not the one for it.

Harmony is so underpowered and weak. I think it could become relevant and actually decent if it was changed to “Whenever a unit with a different primary category than this unit is played on this row, boost self by 1.” You could remove the row-restriction (making it basically like assimilate) but it might be too strong then since it would be arguably easier to trigger than assimilate

Top Bottom