Twitch Drops arrive to GWENT!

+
Twitch Drops arrive to GWENT!

If you are excited about the upcoming GWENT Challenger #2, we have more good news for you - you will be able to gain some in-game rewards while watching the stream!

Thanks to Twitch Drops, after you link your GOG.com account to your Twitch account, every 30 minutes of watching GWENT livestreams on Twitch you will have a chance to receive 50 Meteorite Powder or 3 Card Kegs.

Additionally, for tuning in to the GWENT Challenger you will be able to earn in-game title, card keg and the winner’s favourite card (you can find them featured on Player Profiles on @GWENTMasters!).

For more details and a complete list of rewards, head over to playgwent.com/twitch-drops.

Raunbjorn

This is so bad. Thanks for ignoring console users. And I just supported you guys by buying dust. Shouldn't have done that : /

I watch Gwent on twitch regularly and I was looking forward to watching Challenger but now I don't even care about it...

CDPR have always favored PC players but this pisses me off tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where to find the Drop notification on a stream?

I know there's a notification somewhere which tells me if a Gwent stream has Drops enabled. But I'm dumb and can't find it. Please show me a picture with it? And do I have to follow the channel?

Raunbjorn

Lyphian92;n9997261 said:
I know there's a notification somewhere which tells me if a Gwent stream has Drops enabled. But I'm dumb and can't find it. Please show me a picture with it? And do I have to follow the channel?

Don't support this. It will destroy upcoming streamers.

Hydrahead;n9997251 said:
This is so bad. Thanks for ignoring console users. And I just supported you guys by buying dust. Shouldn't have done that : /

I watch Gwent on twitch regularly and I was looking forward to watching Challenger but now I don't even care about it...

Just wait , trust me they will do something about it and you have to just wait , it might be bad idea anyway , but give them the benefit of the doubt

Lyphian92;n9997261 said:

check this:

Raunbjorn

OvaPick

But why not make it right from the start? That makes no sense. It's not like they don't already know.

OvaPick;n9997441 said:
Just wait , trust me they will do something about it and you have to just wait , it might be bad idea anyway , but give them the benefit of the doubt

check this:

That's just showing me that I'm following the channel...so I do have to follow the channel in order to receive drops, and have notifications turned on? Is that it?

Here is a video by Jaggerous that I agree with. Twitch drops should be limited to Esport streams like Challenger. In the long term, people will keep streams open and muted in a tab simply for the rewards. That's no better than viewer bots.

Smepic;n9997731 said:
Here is a video by Jaggerous that I agree with. Twitch drops should be limited to Esport streams like Challenger. In the long term, people will keep streams open and muted in a tab simply for the rewards. That's no better than viewer bots.

That just seems like an exageration to me, whats wrong with rewarding people for watching streams? You cant blame CDPR for people not watching the streams and having them on a tab, at the end of the day noone is forcing anyone to do anything. :comeatmebro:

Hydrahead;n9997251 said:

As a PS4 player myself, I've spent $300+ (US) on kegs and powder that I didn't really need, mostly because I wanted to show my gratitude and support CDPR for making the game.

I'm really starting to regret spending money to support a game that, in turn, offers minimal support to the platform on which I play.

No tournaments, no deck trackers, and now this. Console players are now at an even greater competitive disadvantage.

It's pretty sad when someone in my situation links their Twitch account anyway, on the off chance that **maybe** someday I'll be able to use the drops.

But I have no plans to buy a new PC just for Gwent (and then be forced to start over anyway -- YAY!), and given the lack of love shown to console players in general since the game's inception.... well let's just say I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
https://www.playgwent.com/en/twitch-drops said:
Every 30 minutes of watching GWENT livestreams on Twitch, you have a chance to receive 50 Meteorite Powder or 3 Card Kegs.
People seem to have neglected the word chance there.

Hydrahead;n9997251 said:

There's no reason to think CDPR don't want console players to have the same benefits as PC players as well as crossplay, but they are very limited by what each console ecosystem allows. On PC they can offer everything they like through their own game client or GOG account without the need to seek anyone's approval.

Raunbjorn

4RM3D;n9998611 said:
However, there is more:

This is what annoys me. PC players get a title, keg, and a gold card. That's fine and all but console players should get that too. They should definitely address this instead of just being quiet about it.

Top Bottom