Twitch Stream PC version with patch!

+
Ok so after watching this stream I think it's safe to say downgrade is 100% confirmed correct?

I'm not saying this to troll I'd like others opinion.

Well it doesn't seem like the patch is some magical maximum graphics pill. Game looks good but not really improved from what we have seen as far as I can tell. Whether we like it or not, CDPR will have to deal with the shitstorm that ensues after Monday and it looks like their reputation will suffer. Nonetheless with so many pre orders and hype it is already a great success for them.

seems i got it wrong, 980 then.
Well we don't have to talk about the graphics it is a lot worse than in their 35 min. gameplay from 2014, no need to deny that (same guys posted a comparison) it leaves a bitter taste, but will probably be forgotten. I'am still playing this for the Story and Gameplay if they also fail with M/K controls and don't patch it i would be more upset...

Well it doesn't seem like the patch is some magical maximum graphics pill. Game looks good but not really improved from what we have seen as far as I can tell. Whether we like it or not, CDPR will have to deal with the shitstorm that ensues after Monday and it looks like their reputation will suffer. Nonetheless with so many pre orders and hype it is already a great success for them.

seems i got it wrong, 980 then.
Well we don't have to talk about the graphics it is a lot worse than in their 35 min. gameplay from 2014, no need to deny that (same guys posted a comparison) it leaves a bitter taste, but will probably be forgotten. I'am still playing this for the Story and Gameplay if they also fail with M/K controls and don't patch it i would be more upset...

I think almost everybody (including the NeoGAF Downgrade-Thread) is still quite happy with the graphical fidelity and rightly so. Basically everybody is simply not happy with the way CD RED handled this, we've actually had a German interview going online just yesterday still claiming there has been no downgrade which at this point just doesn't feel ... reasonable to say.

Agreed the denying and whole handling of the topic is what bothers me also. The time they always tried to be honest seems to be over.
Hope some mods will fix some of the loss.

I think almost everybody (including the NeoGAF Downgrade-Thread) is still quite happy with the graphical fidelity and rightly so. Basically everybody is simply not happy with the way CD RED handled this, we've actually had a German interview going online just yesterday still claiming there has been no downgrade which at this point just doesn't feel ... reasonable to say.

Here's the issue! People saw all the in game footage trailers and said holy cow. CDPR did it again. They created a breathtakingly visual game. We already know their reputation for story telling. So a lot started saving because the PC guys KNEW they'd need a beast to make it look like that. They saved their hard earned money forgo'd the console and upgraded / bought new PCs (I"M SURE NOT JUST FOR THIS GAME) so they could max out this game in every way. Its like imax/normal movie - u pay a premium) ... However. Shame on us to not wait till the game was out before upgrading. It SEEMS as tho, buying a console would of been the exact same. So yes, we're butt hurt and feel like PCs were an after thought.

Hence all the rage in the forums ... Even tho half of what you won't ever see because of bans, deletes, changed posts, and locked threads.

Last edited:
with so many pre orders and hype it is already a great success for them.

It doesn't seems a big deal, honestly.
Even if this is a great success, nobody will trust their word again. Not after what happened in the last 8 months. Because it is not a matter of downgrade or other bullshits, but more about PR strategy.
Saying that you have downgraded the PC version because you don't have time or money, is...well, sad but at the same time a welcomed answer. But saying that there is no downgrade, that the PC version at Ultra is a slap in the face until the last minute before release...there's no a universe in which this is acceptable.

And seeing the stream, it seems there is a several frame rate issue. On a 980.

---------- Updated at 03:06 PM ----------

I think almost everybody (including the NeoGAF Downgrade-Thread) is still quite happy with the graphical fidelity and rightly so.

Honestly I'm not. Draw distance and lighting quality right now. isn't acceptable. Expecially if 8 months ago it was better.
And...Anti - aliasing On/Off and the lack of a setting for anisotropic filter is really sad.

I agree, I am pleased with the graphics. Although I wish there was more of a difference between consoles and PC Ultra. The problem is the PR narrative itself, which in the end will bite CDPR in the ass. Hopefully it will be a learning experience for them so that Cyberpunk has a more straightforward and honest PR.

And seeing the stream, it seems there is a several frame rate issue. On a 980.

That is most likely because they are streaming and recording footage for Youtube at the same time, that is bound to hit FPS. I am confident the game will run smoothly on PC, all the reports indicate that. And don't forget the drivers for the game are not out yet.

Last edited:

Tuco

Forum veteran
Yes, they did show the menu where it said 1.02. Apparently the Day 1 patch has been sent out to reviewers today. Guess we'll finally be allowed to draw conclusions without people claiming the Day 1 patch will magically change everything.
Unlike many of you, I'm absolutely content with the way the game looks... but yeah, it's a bit ridiculous how some people are expecting *MAGIC* out of a day one patch.

Ok so we know they're running on a 980 at ultra. In that last interior shot a moment ago, it certainly appeared that Hairworks was enabled, even if just temporarily since someone said earlier that they had turned it off for performance reasons. Sadly my German is, well nonexistant-- so my question is what res are they playing at and have they enabled the various settings that we have been seeing toggled off (ie. HBAO+, sharpening etc.) Thanks!

Well, if people bought an expensive PC for just one game, I cannot comment on that... That's simply not so smart. Even a hardcore Witcher fan like me wouldn't do that.

I think we just misunderstood the sentence :" Ultra will be a slap in the face" in the end it was...
One think i just noticed:
Interiors on ultra are a joke the lightning looks like 2007. They really have to fix this seems somebody forgot some light sources.

Yeah, at this stage those claims are ridiculous. It's pretty obvious there is little to no difference between the PS4 and PC versions, and it doesn't look as good as even the 35 minute demo. This combined with the deliberate withholding of the enabling patch from even the reviewers of all people, meaning they couldn't review the PC versions makes it clear that CDPR know damn well people will notice, and it was likely done to save their pre-order numbers. Their reputation will take a hit from this, let there be no doubt about that.

Well, if people bought an expensive PC for just one game, I cannot comment on that... That's simply not so smart. Even a hardcore Witcher fan like me wouldn't do that.
You don't seem to know what hardcore means. Or your requirements for something or someone being hardcore are ridiculously low.

Top Bottom