Two in One leader changes

+
They want design space for more op cards... I don't think this is the way. First, they should update low provision cards. Gwent is already all about drawing golds.

Gyg

Forum regular
Except leaders that play a specific bronze card, like Precision Strike, Mahakam Forge or Uprising.

So:
-Shield Leader
- Reworked Mobilization, pincer Maneuver
- Symbiosis leader, Reworked Call of Harmony
- Reworked Carapace, Leshen comeback (?) I think it might be like Arnolf, but for MO, Frost Wild Hunt leader
- Ships/pirates and alchemy
- Reworked Imperial formation, Reworked Strategic decision, ??? from the look it seems like a lock leader, but we already have Imposter, same for seize. Not sure.
- Pirates? Weird if Skellige gets pirate support as well.

It's honestly very early to speak about the commanders, but assuming my speculations are correct, I could make a few previsions:

- Imperial formation is Ng's strongest ability, so I hope the change won't be for the worst, especially as we don't know what the new ability does

- If the Frost one has a passive which increases (frost) damage it's going to be broken

- Imperial formation is Ng's strongest ability, so I hope the change won't be for the worst, especially as we don't know what the new ability does
Even so I'm very glad to see it reworked. I never want to use it because of how stupid it feels to play.
It's simply spreading 13 points on the board usually on some engines, that's it. I've been surprised to see NG fans defending such a non-NG feeling leader.
Now hopefully this new version will support Soldiers in a more clever way than that.

Even so I'm very glad to see it reworked. I never want to use it because of how stupid it feels to play.
It's simply spreading 13 points on the board usually on some engines, that's it. I've been surprised to see NG fans defending such a non-NG feeling leader.
Now hopefully this new version will support Soldiers in a more clever way than that.
I guess, but it was also the most competitive. Don't forget that Nilfgaard's soldier archetype is a powercrept festival of cards.

However I'm happy that they are moving to more archetype-focused commanders. Flavour is a big issue in post-homecoming Gwent.

My guesses (assuming that the total amount of leaders will not be changed):

NR:
Mobilization (same pic) : Probably a small provision buff. With the current one the most value from this might be 8 (from Kerack Fregate (6) +2). But you can do nice stuff with order decks and mages. Maybe it´s reworked as they want to get rid of those tutoring leader (but didn´t they only mention mystic echo and second wind)

Pincer Maneuver (same pic): Probably also some play arund with provisions and/or a cap for the card you draw. Maybe it´s reworked as they want to get rid of those tutoring leader (but didn´t they only mention mystic echo and second wind)

New shield Pic: Probably replaces Vicious Splash. Vicious Splash is the leader with the least synergies to other NR cards. My idea: Whenever you play a unit with shield, boost by X. Order (X): Remove shield from unit and boost by X
Reason: I would not accept a give shield order as this already MO has (Carapace). Maybe it will have a give shield order, but then MO leader is replaced and this won´t happen. The pictogram appears to be a passive ability as there are no arrows.

SC:
New Plant Pictogram: Will surely replace Mystic Echo, as this was already announced.
My idea: Base symbiosis of 1 or 2; Whenever you play a nature card boost another treant by X

Call Of Harmony: Needs a boost concerning to loose of harmony strength. Probably they consider it to be also a tutoring leader. Maybe they rework harmony back after Mystic Echo change. If call of harmony should not be tutoring: I would expect somthing like: Boost each SC unit by 1 if you have no SC unit with the same deck on board

MO:
Carapace (same pic): Probably a provision boost. It gives a value 6 + 2 shields. Maybe: Boost an allied unit by 2 and give it Shield Order 3.

Leshen (new Pic): Spawn and play Leshen. His strength will be as big as the biggest base strength on board.
Reason: Probably they will replace Fruits of Ysgrith and will need another thrive leader

Frost (new Pic): Maybe as already mentioned increase damage or duration of frost by 1. Would not expect that it´s a spawn frost ability as there is no arrow in the Pictogram
Reason: Pic speaks for itself. Would expect that Force of Nature will be replaced

SK

New Pic with Wave: Would also expect a ship support. Maybe: Order: As soon you have 2 ships on board spawn Storm on one opponent row. Order will be recharged each round. Will probably replace Reckless Fury as it´s kind of similiar

New Pic with mushroom: Would argue for alchemy support. Maybe: Whenever you play an alchemy card give 2 vitality to an allied unit

NG

Tactical Decision: Same Pic maybe provision boost+ limit for tutorable cards in provision costs. Maybe it´s reworked as they want to get rid of those tutoring leader (but didn´t they only mention mystic echo and second wind)

Imperial Formation: Maybe a small provision nerf

New Prison Pic: Would expect here a lock leader. E.g. Order: lock the whole opponent board or one specific row. Or a passive ability. E.g. Each locked unit is damaged by one each turn.

SY:

New Swords: Maybe force two units to duell. Will probably replace Wild card as it´s tutoring card.

So what happens to progress on leader mastery contracts when they make a change to a leader ability like this? Does it carry over or does it reset?

I'm just wondering if I should grind out the 20 or so wins I need to complete a couple of the leader ability contracts rather than risk having my progress reset...

So what happens to progress on leader mastery contracts when they make a change to a leader ability like this? Does it carry over or does it reset?

I'm just wondering if I should grind out the 20 or so wins I need to complete a couple of the leader ability contracts rather than risk having my progress reset...

If the name remains the same they should carryover. But with the new icons idk :beer:

slama and burza said they wanted to get rid of any leader that allows you to play 2 cards in a turn. mystic echo and second wind were their examples

Thanks, just curious how strict they wanna change it. Many leaders behave like this and I think the dwarf leader (2 cards one turn) wont be harmed. What about Patrimonial Fury? Presision Strike is also a conditional 2 in one turn...

Last edited:

grind them out. Best case you can double dip on contracts. Worst case you lose all your progress.

grind them out. Best case you can double dip on contracts. Worst case you lose all your progress.
I asked about the mastery contracts at the beginning of the month, and I was told that they would definitely carry over because this has already happened in the past. Who is telling the truth here?

Top Bottom