Two new trees!

+

Today we added two brand new trees to your Reward Books!

🌳 Year of the Great Oak tree

📯 Stalwart Leadership tree

Check out what you can get for your sweet Reward Points in-game!

Not bad. (I rather like the squirrel.) The Stalwart tree is a bit lack-lustre, in terms of aesthetics, however, the line of Powder nodes and Kegs compensates.

Not bad. (I rather like the squirrel.) The Stalwart tree is a bit lack-lustre, in terms of aesthetics, however, the line of Powder nodes and Kegs compensates.
Agreed the Stalwart tree really feels like it's missing something like a boarder, avatar or title on at least the 10 RP node, I'm also a bit disappointed that the Oak reward tree doesn't contain a Cardback like the year of the rat one.

I'm also a bit disappointed that the Oak reward tree doesn't contain a Cardback
Ah, I can see your point. An attractive new oaken cardback might make a nice addition.

Perhaps something along the lines of the Season of the Dryad Cardback:
1616079295247.png

Or a combination with the Season of the Elves Cardback, if they wanted to stick with the squirrel theme:
1616079364059.png

Damn! And I was spending my RP on old trees like Henselt because I was sure, there would be nothing new this month!
Alright, I'm not really angry. But yeah, a cardback would be nice.

A question for you, Ryan:
If you would upgrade the rewards for these new trees at a later date, would we still get those new upgraded rewards even if we already "bought" the nodes?
NOT SAYING you WILL upgrade. But if you would...you know? ;)

DRK3

Forum veteran
I also found out about this new trees by accident, when spending RP on the first page (very close to filling it all, which was a goal i discarded long ago)

Luckily, i did know there were new reward trees incoming, but i was expecting them for next patch, early april, but had already hoarded 200RP for the occasion.

I also found out about this new trees by accident, when spending RP on the first page (very close to filling it all, which was a goal i discarded long ago)

Luckily, i did know there were new reward trees incoming, but i was expecting them for next patch, early april, but had already hoarded 200RP for the occasion.
200 is hoarding?? I have somewhere around 1500 :). Wish I could sell them on eBay, I didn't realize people liked them so much... Obviously I don't use them :)

DRK3

Forum veteran
200 is hoarding?? I have somewhere around 1500 :). Wish I could sell them on eBay, I didn't realize people liked them so much... Obviously I don't use them :)

Do you have full collection/Prestige 10/ full reward book already?

I can understand if players dont want to bother to fill the trees for cosmetics, but it's one of the best sources for ore, scraps and powder, and definitely worth using them.

Personally, i do have full collection, i am prestige 10 max level, but i still have quite a few reward trees left to complete (not to mention the seasonal ones), so i do use the reward points as they're the resource most valuable for me.

Really disappointed about the lack of cosmetics in these trees; there is no new cardback, no new board, no new leader skins ... sad; only one border, one title and few avatars, which are the least interesting cosmetics IMO.

Also sad that there are no new Seasonal trees, will be a dull Gwent Year with no new seasonal content.

Do you have full collection/Prestige 10/ full reward book already?

I can understand if players dont want to bother to fill the trees for cosmetics, but it's one of the best sources for ore, scraps and powder, and definitely worth using them.

Personally, i do have full collection, i am prestige 10 max level, but i still have quite a few reward trees left to complete (not to mention the seasonal ones), so i do use the reward points as they're the resource most valuable for me.
Oh no, don't misunderstand, I wasn't throwing shade or anything :) I was just surprised by the topic. I never look at the reward book so those little keys just pile up and I've never given them much thought. I keep premium animations turned off so powder doesn't mean anything to me either... In fact I have a ton of resources now that I look at it but I don't use them..
Just craft a card here and there if I want to try a new one... Not really concerned with crafting all of them but I might be able to get pretty close if I spent a weekend opening kegs and crafting :)

I realize it's a part of the game that people look forward to. I just don't and was surprised that's all ... To each his/her own

rrc

Forum veteran
To celebrate the Year of Great Oak, why not make it a good year for the Great Oak by making it 12P? just saying..

I'm expecting the next trees on the new page 4 of the reward book to drop with the coming card drops. Maybe at least throw the non-animated versions of coming cards in there?
(Like a vodyanoi-themed tree next time... :smart:)

I'm not sure if someone has asked this, but: Since for the Bear Season we are getting no new seasonal tree – it's Ivo of Belhaven again –, will the whole year be "on repeat" in this tree slot?

New trees are pathetic. Even with the focus on powder both trees combined do not give enough powder to convert one legendary card.
And besides, they are just not interesting.

I guess with all the problems between being hacked and Covid19 we can be happy they managed these two trees – but they didn't have enough resources to make new trees for seasons entirely with cardbacks, stories etc. Too bad, but I get it.

Today we added two brand new trees to your Reward Books!

🌳 Year of the Great Oak tree

📯 Stalwart Leadership tree

Check out what you can get for your sweet Reward Points in-game!
I'm hardly playing the game anymore but they don't really grab me. I suppose the stalwart tree is slightly more enticing with its kegs but I haven't used keys on it in any case.

Lately I've been more interested in trees with card backs and skins as rewards. A "Year of" tree which had these would be good.

Top Bottom