Two Questions, About Velen and CE

+
Two Questions, About Velen and CE

Can we visit Velen? Thanned Island?
In the witcher 3 collectors edition there is a The witchers universe - the compendium , and you are also launching a book called The World of The Witcher. Are they the same? Whats the difference if not so

btw: You said 3 areas, Skellige, Novigrad and No man's land, Novigrad and No man's land are in the same territory right? its the 35 Min gameplay map. Isnt it?

Last edited:
Can we visit Velen? Thanned Island?

Not sure about Thanedd, but Velen was at least mentioned in the gameplay video around 3:50

btw: You said 3 areas, Skellige, Novigrad and No man's land, Novigrad and No man's land are in the same territory right? its the 35 Min gameplay map. Isnt it?

Yes. In the new 14 minute gameplay we can see the Skellige map around 4:10

Not sure about Thanedd, but Velen was at least mentioned in the gameplay video around 3:50

Yes. In the new 14 minute gameplay we can see the Skellige map around 4:10

Thanks for answering even if it didnt solve my questions xD, i guess some Moderator could pass by and tell me about the books of the CE and the World Of The Witcher, if they are the same or not, because i want it if they are not, and theres no much info about it.

The other questions i dont really mind, it could ve considered as spoiler, so im fine with it.

Moderators !!! IM SUMMON YAA ALL,!!!! I have already sent to CDProjekt my ear as payment for the Ladies of the Wood. I deserve to know, the hell am i buying xD

If you look at the map below of No Man's Land pieced together from all the different map portions that have been released I don't think Gors Velen or Thanedd Island are in the game. If the city were in the game, it would be a city and tower in the lower left corner. The city would be at least as big as Oxenfurt (top center of the map) and probably bigger based on the descriptions from the books. Since it's not on the map, my best guess is that Gors Velen is not in the game. Velen is likely a reference to the area of Northern Temeria that is also known as No Man's Land. I hope that I am wrong, but that is my best guess at this time.

View attachment 10902

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
If you look at the map below of No Man's Land pieced together from all the different map portions that have been released I don't think Gors Velen or Thanedd Island are in the game. If the city were in the game, it would be a city and tower in the lower left corner. The city would be at least as big as Oxenfurt (top center of the map) and probably bigger based on the descriptions from the books. Since it's not on the map, my best guess is that Gors Velen is not in the game. Velen is likely a reference to the area of Northern Temeria that is also known as No Man's Land. I hope that I am wrong, but that is my best guess at this time.

View attachment 10902

Though the same, i was wondering because in the 35 min gameplay when he is seeing the map in the fast travelling at the right, you can see the border of the map, but yet seeing a little bit over Novigrad, you dont see it ending at the top, neither the bottom ending, so i though that maybe we could see it.

Anyway, im really sure that CDProjekt has more to show than just the free exploration map of Novigrad, No mans land and Skellige, and of course Kaer Morhen, i think we will see Velen or Thanned Island, maybe just in a mission of the main quest when you dont return. Its a really interesting point in the area, it would hype everyone from the books here.

And of course i hope we dont loose the one travel missions, you know? The good thing about the witcher 2, was about seeing a lot of different places because you are travelling. I would like to keep having some special areas like that, not big, but interesting and well designed.

Top Bottom