Two things I don't get about NCPD

+
First: The NCPD missions frequently send you to kill Militech, Arasaka, Kang Tao etc. soldiers. But these are supposedly legit armed forces, they have, official or extraofficial jurisdiction to perform their stuff in NC and around, and sometimes even privilege over NCPD. Furthermore, sometimes when you read the conversation, Militech, Arasaka etc. were there in legit business, sometimes even in coordination with NCPD or at their request. True, when you arrive they frequently have murdered civilians, which would justify the punitive action against them but it still seems like you're going against authorities.

Second: If the police arrive instantly with overwhelming force whenever you accidentally hit a civilian with a stray bullet or something, how come they don't that for every crime in the city?

The police system is hilariously broken. I would give anything to hear a developer even attempt to defend it.
  1. They will spawn directly behind you regardless of where you are.
  2. They will spawn multiple enemies including fully levelled MaxTac officers. However, if you are strong enough to kill all of the spawned police, they will just stop spawning and give up.
  3. They won't chase you, so you can easily just run away and they will give up.
  4. They will try to kill you regardless of the severity of your crime. Vehicle accident? Loitering too close to a crime scene? DEATH!!
I wouldn't be surprised if they just cobbled this system together in the last few days before launch in order to have SOME type of police system so they wouldn't get called out for another lie from the 2018 fake game trailer.

They basically copied the police system from Witcher 3 with the overpowered guards but in a game that needed a solid wanted system. Did they expect that nobody would interact with the police in an open world that purports to offer character customization? So lazy of CDPR to do this, they definitely put it together the last days. It shows how they perceive the buyers of their "game".

And to have one of the few gigs being to help the police is most offensive. I don't want to help the police, give me an option where I can side with the criminals.

You might well expect the NCPD to protect civilians and to oppose gangs and organized crime; however things are not that simple. Although ostensibly employed as law enforcement, the NCPD is more akin to a faction in CP2077. It's not unusual to see officers involved in illegal activities - or taking kickbacks to turn a blind eye to crimes committed by others.

More streetwise Night City citizens regard the NCPD with caution more befitting the city's gangs.

They are a thorn in V's butt but at lower levels it's best to flee when they approach but at higher levels they can can be dealt with just as easily as a gang committing illegal activity.

I find it very satisfying to drop a squad or two and once done the warrant is dropped and you can then loot all their weapons and gear.

If you wish to avoid them altogether I would not advise using weapons with smart guiding ammunition to take down a crime as a stray bullet can very easily hit a bystander and trigger the NCPD's arrival.

The KI and police are some of the worst in any modern open world game since 10 years ago. Seriously it's a joke. It looks like it got finished 3 days before release. Even GTA San Andereas from fuckin 2005 was miles better than this game when it comes to the police.

I honestly believe the cop system currently was the internal testing system. They needed to get a cop system made. They did the first mock up (this). Than the team stopped and went back to other areas. And when they ran out of time. Never got to it.

The police system is hilariously broken. I would give anything to hear a developer even attempt to defend it.
  2. They will spawn multiple enemies including fully levelled MaxTac officers. However, if you are strong enough to kill all of the spawned police, they will just stop spawning and give up.
  4. They will try to kill you regardless of the severity of your crime. Vehicle accident? Loitering too close to a crime scene? DEATH!!
I wouldn't be surprised if they just cobbled this system together in the last few days before launch in order to have SOME type of police system so they wouldn't get called out for another lie from the 2018 fake game trailer.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA spot on my dude.

First: The NCPD missions frequently send you to kill Militech, Arasaka, Kang Tao etc. soldiers. But these are supposedly legit armed forces, they have, official or extraofficial jurisdiction to perform their stuff in NC and around, and sometimes even privilege over NCPD. Furthermore, sometimes when you read the conversation, Militech, Arasaka etc. were there in legit business, sometimes even in coordination with NCPD or at their request. True, when you arrive they frequently have murdered civilians, which would justify the punitive action against them but it still seems like you're going against authorities.

That's probably why they send mercs and not go themselves.

Also the mayor is dead and elections are coming up. There has to be some pressure on the PD to atleast pretend to do something about these situations.

Companies have no authority, whatsoever, in my book. As an ex-Arasaka employee, killing Arasaka henchmen left me cold. Felt like I was disposing of garbage, instead of, like my earlier Nomad playthrough, avenging murdered civillians.

Second: If the police arrive instantly with overwhelming force whenever you accidentally hit a civilian with a stray bullet or something, how come they don't that for every crime in the city?

The official NCPD missions are the skulls. The assualts in progress are reported crimes. So your basically responding to calls.
1)corporations often do Illegal activity
2)even when they have an "agreement" they sometimes overstep bounds
3)sometimes a victim, or some one else reports a crime, you get there before the police. Or maybe the police were planning to ignore it. The police are never supposed legitimately allow crimes, though, corporate or not, its just corruption/not caring/lack of resources.

the cops hunting you down is just a simplified system to discourage you from killing npcs mostly. I have had them attack me for lesser crimes, but I think thats only if patrol officers see you.
Post automatically merged:

That's probably why they send mercs and not go themselves.

Also the mayor is dead and elections are coming up. There has to be some pressure on the PD to atleast pretend to do something about these situations.

yea, they don't want to seem obviously corrupt.

Thats acutally what they did :-D

If you are low level, you should be careful with trauma team too, don´t know why, there are some TT that see me and just kill me, no reason, with me inside the car, just passing, is frustrating in low levels.

If you want to make some XP, just kill some people close to some store, as soon you enter the store your wanted level goes away...

I am on hard now, even with 6k armor, police kill me, don´t know what weapon they use, but i got killed, second heart kicks in, and i am dead again, i don´t even see who kill me.

msxyz

Forum regular
The idea is that NCPD will close one eye (sometimes both) to corporations' shady business unless they make too much noise or the collateral damage is too high to be ignored. In that case, they will wash their hands and let any mercenary or bounty hunter take the initiative. This is a so called 'plausible deniability' scenario where every party involved wins.

Corporations get away with murders because they can place the blame on the individuals (now dead) that failed to execute their mission without collateral damage.

NCPD is not directly involved in stopping the corporations, so it can continue to receive kickbacks. At the same time, it shows Night City people that it cares about law and order by issuing those bounties.

Mercenaries / bounty hunters earns their pay and they're not considered hostile entities by the corporations, since they are just doing their job. On the contrary, some of them may earn enough fame to land a few high profile jobs with said corporations.

PS: Police system needs to be overhauled :p

Last edited:
I can only suggest you to avoid police for now and wait for updates. At the current state, the game would be better without them.

The NCPD is only there to keep players in check that like to kill people, if you ask me. I mean, if you have 2 badges on one side of a road standing there looking pretty, and on the other side there's shooting..., well...

The NCPD missions seem to be placeholders, mostly.
As for NCPD reactiveness. Well. They had deadline for 12.9.2020, and it was then, when they realized they had no police system whatsoever :)
I love the game, really, but in many areas the devs were criminaly lazy. Like "i don't give a fuck about the gamers" level of lazy.

Top Bottom