Two things I found lacking about the game, story and presentation wise.

+

Guest 4561861

Your friends, meaning Judy, Panam, River, Vik and Misty and practically everybody else don't get involved with you outside of their own worlds. V never walks in on any of them chatting; V isn't hearing stories of their adventures during a drinking game, or chatting it up with rowdy young people and ending up in a race with one of them. None of the storylines connected together, except the one piece, like Hellman or Alt needed to advance the story. Every relationship was that alone. River and Judy wouldn't come with V to the Aldecaldo camp to meet, drink and have fun. V doesn't have somebody real like Yennefer to be around, and talk to the crowds with V. V has a computer readable memory module, damaged at that. That's as bad as talking to a tortoise.

This game mostly ignores the rule of "Show, don't tell." Johnny tells V about the man in Mexico who took a bullet for Johnny. No little flashback sequence to bring emotion to the situation, nothing. Dozens of shards telling the stories, but no action telling the stories. Everybody involved in that shard's story is either dead already or not present. TW3 had tons of moving stories, either told with flashbacks like the Wild Hunt attacking a village, or convincingly by kids telling why they were alone, or a village leader cutting off his ear. All of this could have been done in CP2077, but instead were just shards.

Honestly I can't agree with you by comparing Cyberpunk and TW3 :(

About shards (I suppose you talk about "Achived conversation" shards :
- All this shards are available in NCPD Scanner Hustles. Their equivalent on TW3 are "unknow locations". So it's the same, some enemies (3-5) and a chest(s) with loot. But in TW3, sometime there is a note/letter, but mostly, there is nothing... Enemies are just here for "unknow" reason.
- In Cyberpunk, if you manage to be close enough without being detected, enemies have always (or almost) unic dialogue lines (on phone or between us) related on the event (in addition to the shards). So it's at least, a kind of improvement.

About Yen/Triss (LI), out of their own quests, they are not "present" (the only quests where they are together, are the Keir Morhan battle and the final preparation). If you are with Yen, Triss is not there and the opposite is also true... And above all, they already know each other because "previous stories" (unlike Panam/Judy/River/Kerry).

And about the "Show, don't tell", just my opinion, but who care about see this scene ? Honestly the point is "Could V do the same thing ?"
And the guy who cut his ear > main story... In TW3, nothing like that in side quests.

Just my opinion too, but those who believe that it was "better" in TW3 should play it again :)

Last edited:
I`m sure one of the reasons why Judy or River doesnt mix is that you have such a freedom in choosing which content to play first etc. It would be very difficult to fit all possible scenarios where you are in relation with Judy but havent meet a River yet or met him but dumped him... They implemented at least text messages where you can acknowledge one to another but thats it. I understand what you want but I dont really think its worth the resources spend on it.

What I think would be some relatively cheap improvemet, would be more dialogue options where V can share on phone or in person things which happened after important story quests (something like V talking briefly about Peralez quest) to keep up relationship alive.

What I think would be some relatively cheap improvemet, would be more dialogue options where V can share on phone or in person things which happened after important story quests (something like V talking briefly about Peralez quest) to keep up relationship alive.
Dialogue lines are not cheap for sure, unlike text messages (11 languages available, so 11 voice actors for one character...) :)

Guest 4561861

Dialogue lines are not cheap for sure, unlike text messages (11 languages available, so 11 voice actors for one character...) :)
I think that's one of the problems with this game, perhaps it's main one. I believe CDPR put so much money and time into the design (the city is incredible) that much of the other elements were left wanting.

Guest 4561861

Honestly I can't agree with you by comparing Cyberpunk and TW3 :(

About shards (I suppose you talk about "Achived conversation" shards :
- All this shards are available in NCPD Scanner Hustles. Their equivalent on TW3 are "unknow locations". So it's the same, some enemies (3-5) and a chest(s) with loot. But in TW3, sometime there is a note/letter, but mostly, there is nothing... Enemies are just here for "unknow" reason.
- In Cyberpunk, if you manage to be close enough without being detected, enemies have always (or almost) unic dialogue lines (on phone or between us) related on the event (in addition to the shards). So it's at least, a kind of improvement.
All those shards are not just in NCDP Scanner Hustles. They are in all the Cyber Psycho gigs. There are often shards in the main and side gigs, which offer information about the situation, that could have been better told through action. Grayson and Sampson offer great examples of doing this right. Most other times you can find a shard or read an email. Yep, sometimes I have heard their unique conversations, but most of the time I haven't.

Guest 3847602

This game mostly ignores the rule of "Show, don't tell." Johnny tells V about the man in Mexico who took a bullet for Johnny. No little flashback sequence to bring emotion to the situation, nothing.
That's a bit unfair. In TW3, there are countless book references, almost none of which is delivered through flashback. The only exception is 5 seconds of Geralt - Ciri reunion from Something More.

Top Bottom