Two things

+
Two things

Hello,

I have one important question and one minor bug to report.

If I install GOTY edition on Galaxy, will I be able to continue with my previous achievements from the vanilla version? Or is it a separate achievement list?
I'm so close to 100%, don't want to start again.

The bug is with Morkvarg quest, I've finished it fully, then spoke with old Morkvargs gang member on the beach and fought him and his friends. This resulted in having the quest go from completed to active, secondary quests I think, and even though all the bullets are green ticked, it won't go back to completed quests section.
Literally unplayable lol.

The GOTY edition is simply a collection of all DLC with the latest patch. Nothing added, nothing changed. I'm not sure if installing the all-in-one GOTY edition will somehow affect your account, however. Do you presently have Hearts of Stone installed, as well?

As for the bug, that's not one I remember hearing about before. If possible, restore a point before encountering the gang on the beach and just avoid them until the very end, perhaps. Is the fight on the beach somehow related to an achievement? I don't think that you can lose an achievement once you've got it, so that's safe, but if the quest is borked, I'd wait until the very end of my playthrough to deal with it. There might be a way to force the quest through the console without worrying about ruining something later on.

I have both expansions, so that's not an issue. I know on consoles, vanilla and GOTY have separate achievements, in addition to having separate save game files.
My question is strictly regarding my existing achievements on GOG Galaxy, will I be able to continue with the same list like vanilla or does GOTY have a separate achievement list?

As for the Morkvarg quest, there is no issue as far as getting the achievement or world state. It's literally just that the quest has returned from Completed quests back to Secondary quests, simply by talking to the ex gang member on the beach.

I'm guessing a piece of IF code is missing to check if the quest is completed, and if yes, then that NPC can no longer trigger quest movement in the quest log, but merely update it, even though it's in completed.

Perhaps nobody thought people would bother talking to him after quest completion. It is probably the least harmful bug ever, with only redult being I now have a permanent active quest in Secondary quests section, with no means to push it back into Completed quests.

Slight OCD trigger, nothing more.

swordsandroses;n7643980 said:
I have both expansions, so that's not an issue. I know on consoles, vanilla and GOTY have separate achievements, in addition to having separate save game files. My question is strictly regarding my existing achievements on GOG Galaxy, will I be able to continue with the same list like vanilla or does GOTY have a separate achievement list?

I don't have a definite answer for this, unfortunately. You can send the question into CDPR Support. I know that, on consoles, GOTY is a separate product, even though it is exactly the same as non-GOTY with all DLCs. It was a Sony / Microsoft marketplace thing. On PC, I think it might vary slightly depending on region.

swordsandroses;n7643980 said:
As for the Morkvarg quest, there is no issue as far as getting the achievement or world state. It's literally just that the quest has returned from Completed quests back to Secondary quests, simply by talking to the ex gang member on the beach.
I'm guessing a piece of IF code is missing to check if the quest is completed, and if yes, then that NPC can no longer trigger quest movement in the quest log, but merely update it, even though it's in completed.
Perhaps nobody thought people would bother talking to him after quest completion. It is probably the least harmful bug ever, with only redult being I now have a permanent active quest in Secondary quests section, with no means to push it back into Completed quests.
Slight OCD trigger, nothing more.

More or less. It's probably a latent flag for the quest that doesn't automatically deactivate upon quest completion. My guess is that those dudes should probably have been de-spawned when you finished the quest itself, but they weren't...because...random software reasons... When you interact with them, it's probably just throwing the flag it's meant to throw and setting the quest to that earlier state. I would imagine it's completely harmless, but I take great care to dodge things like that when I play. As long as you avoid them, you should be 94.2% safe. (The remaining 5% is vampires and such; the last 0.8% is this engine just does what it bloody well wants, sometimes.)

SigilFey;n7651350 said:
I don't have a definite answer for this, unfortunately. You can send the question into CDPR Support.

When I click on the Wild Hunt Support link at the bottom of this page, I get 404 page not found. We are clearly on to something here, a conspiracy afoot!

No chance of any REDS popping their heads in here?

OK, so I've received some answers from the support.

The achievements are indeed separate on Galaxy.

As for the bug, suggestion was to reload a previous save, so chances of fixing this are small, which is fair enough.

Perhaps someone will find this information useful in the future.

Top Bottom