Udalryk - what's the point?

+
Udalryk - what's the point?

I've been trying to figure out how to maximize this card effect, but i still think it's too random to use. This is silver epic card! Seriously, this card is crap. Maybe, if it weren't disloyal, or you could pick a card of your choosing, but right now I don't see why to bother. Please someone enlighten me.
Ps.
Yaevinn (disloyal), even though is a hell of a strong card, has some perks that lets you use it with good strategy (weather control or traps).

You get one more turn and that is powerful in itself. And you could get an awesome card from that as a bonus. Imagine a monster playing only Eredin -> Gerald-> Pass and you grab it turn 2.

The point of Udalryk is to steal cards like scorch. Bait by playing some awesome powerful card in the first round, it will be scorched, play Udalryk... now you have an extra scorch yourself, resurrect the victim. :D I like that card, use it a lot. Several times stole Geralt and Ciri from monster players. ;)

adamforever;n6871250 said:
I've been trying to figure out how to maximize this card effect, but i still think it's too random to use. This is silver epic card! Seriously, this card is crap. Maybe, if it weren't disloyal, or you could pick a card of your choosing, but right now I don't see why to bother. Please someone enlighten me.
Ps.
Yaevinn (disloyal), even though is a hell of a strong card, has some perks that lets you use it with good strategy (weather control or traps).
[h=2]Udalryk is awesome. Don't wait until later rounds to use him. Use him early especially if the Opponent used a few specialty type cards to get something worthwhile.[/h]

he gives you card advantage at a decent value , imagine having a Savage Bear , opponent plays Priscilla , bear kills her and she's the only card in his graveyard - Udalryk for the win - i ve seen it in a live stream :)
Also , against the Eredin - Geralt pass famous opening he's awesome, you win the round and the next you start with him and get ERedin or Geralt in your hand

Last edited:
adamforever;n6871250 said:
Ps.

Because you don't understand Udalryk or know how to use it, doesn't mean it's "trash" it's actually a great card. It give you tempo And sometime even great cards for yourself.

It great to pick card advantage 2nd round.

Bear in mind while using it that since it's a silver card, it can and WILL be reused by your opponent NR/Skellige if you use it, and that a random graveyard removal can be a really scary thing (think : ghoul) as a skellige player, on top of giving to the opponent the exact same card advantage you received from that card.
Also, if the NR player rez it with Shani, the card will be turned gold, meaning that you cannot use it a second time afterwards.

I love this card, however I'm not sure how it should work after the patch. It lost the "random" part from the opposing graveyard but it still grabs a random card.
Did they mess up the description or should you be able to draw a card you want with him?
If you get to choose than it's waaaay overpowered.

It's still random. I used it yesterday - I was hoping to get Sarah (I destroyed her for that reason right before using udalryk) but got Geralt instead.

Top Bottom