UEFA EURO 2012: I'm sorry...but I have to, can't help it.

+
GuyN said:
You called it right 4-2 and it wasn't even that close.

(Google Translator)

This shows how weak was the group with the Polish team, and Poland was the last place in this group.

Maybe it's better that they do not move up from the group, because they probably have lost 5-0 in a match with Germany.

If they were in such a group as the Ukraine, they lost all the matches at 3-0. Every final is the same. Polish fans are laughing, that Poland is played three matches of the Championships:

- Opening match
- Match of last resort. (last chance)
- The match for the honor.

This time it was "better". I call it like this:

- Opening match
- Match of aroused hope.
- Match of buried hope. Or match of losers. Or back to reality.

I am surprised that Lewanowski is considered one of the best players in the Bundesliga. He was one of the worst players in the Polish national team.

It is true that a large fault of coach and his cowardly tactics. Lewandowski had no support. However Lewanowski could not change the style of what he played. Do not hold the ball, just ran with it like an idiot, as if to perform a counter attack alone. Since he had no support, he should wait for this support.

This season in the Bundesliga was good, but by accident. The following will not be so good.

DeargRuadhri said:
Anyway, I'm not sad about Germany's victory, as they play football marvelously, and I think they will win the whole championship.
Thanks,but before that the German teams has to conquer the Italians. Germany never won a match against Italy in the football Europ. and world championships, if they do in this tournament it's indeed a success even if the fail in the finals.

DeargRuadhri said:
(Google Translator)
I am surprised that Lewanowski is considered one of the best players in the Bundesliga. He was one of the worst players in the Polish national team.
Is that true?

PetraSilie said:
Thanks,but before that the German teams has to conquer the Italians. Germany never won a match against Italy in the football Europ. and world championships, if they do in this tournament it's indeed a success even if the fail in the finals.
I think they will be successful, but only time can tell that, and the better team should win. ;)

DeargRuadhri said:
I think they will be successful, but only time can tell that, and the better team should win. ;)

Yesterday the better team didn't prevail until the game went to penalty kicks. There's not much justice in this game.

I can't see either opponent preventing a Germany-Spain final. Spain may be the only team that can force Germany to play their game instead of its own. It's a match that has to happen.

Still, something in the back of my mind says I really want to see Pirlo and Ronaldo shoot the lights out.

GuyN said:
Yesterday the better team didn't prevail until the game went to penalty kicks. There's not much justice in this game.

I can't see either opponent preventing a Germany-Spain final. Spain may be the only team that can force Germany to play their game instead of its own. It's a match that has to happen.

Still, something in the back of my mind says I really want to see Pirlo and Ronaldo shoot the lights out.
I vote for the Germany-Spain final too, at least it's the match I'd like to see. :)

This is why football (soccer) is so popular in the US :mad: Two consecutive scoreless draws, settled on penalty kicks. Nine yellow cards, several Oscar nominations for Best Actor, and white canes for the referees in the latest.

At least in both games, the team that actually put on an attack instead of sandbagging the opponent won. But that was almost as much a matter of luck as of skillful shooting.

Well, the way Germany plays, I can't imagine them ending up in a scoreless draw.

GuyN said:
Well, the way Germany plays, I can't imagine them ending up in a scoreless draw.

You mean the fact that either they manage to get the ball into their opponent's net or get one (or several) in their net themselves ? But you're right, I haven't heard of a scoreless tournament match with Germany in it in recent history (the new team after World Cup 2002 that is).

I'm worried about the match with Italy though :'(. They're my favorite team.

Germany and Italy had a scoreless draw, but I think that was in 1996. They're different teams now. I'm hoping this will be an exciting game. Italy's beautiful to watch when they play attacking football. I hope they're not too tired after that long, tough England match.

They should give honorary white canes to the referees. Still, I don't want to take anything away from Italy; they played a fine game. I'm not sure Spain can score on Italy, the way they played. What I don't know is whether they can score on Spain.

.. and give credit to Luigi Buffon. He made at least 2 saves that should've gone in. Buffon has come up huge for Italy the past 2 games.

All in all, and entertaining game for 2nd place :)

Great game and if Italy keeps playing the way they played last night - it's gonna be a thriller final :)

gregski said:
Great game and if Italy keeps playing the way they played last night - it's gonna be a thriller final :)

It would have been a thriller final if germany had made it... I'm deeply disappointed.

PetraSilie said:
Is that true?

(Google Translator)

It is possible that only the Polish media say about him, allegedly was one of the best players in the Bundesliga. As we know - what journalists say on TV or write in newspapers or portals need to sift through a fine sieve. Journalists are often the vultures and hyenas, and lying has become a way of attracting readers.

If you look at Lewandowski in the representation, he is a bungler. While on the other hand, scored a few goals for Borussia. Robert Lewandowski

As for the Germany-Italy match.

I could not watch the match because I had other responsibilities. :)

I listened on the radio the relation transmitted by a guy who uses very colorful comparisons:
Some of the players (Podolski?) was alone like sailing at sea. Buffon had teeth like a row of white cups, and an Italian (can not remember which one) player's legs are two microphones, which spoke to all, :)

Well, Germany left the tournament. The German team is a nice guy team, playing fair and respecting others. The Italian team is more offensive and used every advantage and chance they got.
I didn't watch the first half and was surprised that it was quite silent in the neighbourhood. In all other matches Germany made goals quite early in the first half and I could hear jubilations, shouts, fire crackers and horns. But yesterday it was silent like on a funeral.
I joined the match during the 2nd half on stream and was shocked! I hardly could hope they will made it. And then I had hypertension when Özil made a goal during (FOUR minutes) overtime, didn't spoil the spot kick.
Today (yes, there is live after this match), press and all experts and pseudo experts lament about the German team and coach. I really hate that especially when everybody praised each player and coach the past days.
This is hypocritical and makes me ...

Let's see who makes it in the finals. I have a feeling it will be Italy.

btw
the food industry overhere makes good profit with the EUFA Euro 2012:

Ungarisch = Hungarian, means very spicy

PetraSilie said:
Well, Germany left the tournament. The German team is a nice guy team, playing fair and respecting others. The Italian team is more offensive and used every advantage and chance they got.
I didn't watch the first half and was surprised that it was quite silent in the neighbourhood. In all other matches Germany made goals quite early in the first half and I could hear jubilations, shouts, fire crackers and horns. But yesterday it was silent like on a funeral.
I joined the match during the 2nd half on stream and was shocked! I hardly could hope they will made it. And then I had hypertension when Özil made a goal during (FOUR minutes) overtime, didn't spoil the spot kick.
Today (yes, there is live after this match), press and all experts and pseudo experts lament about the German team and coach. I really hate that especially when everybody praised each player and coach the past days.

btw

I'm really surprised that Italy won yesterday, so now I don't even have a guess who will win the Championship.

That last some (maybe 2) minutes were really interesting, maybe that was the best part of the match.

Haha, we Hungarians like spicy food. :) (At least I do...sometimes ;) )

PetraSilie said:

btw

:D :D those chips - 1. halbzeit, 2. halbzeit = sweet :)

nocny said:
Summary EURO 2012 fans:

Oh, man, that girl is a head-turner. She causes trouble anywhere she goes, I remember watching an interview with her by some Portugese television on Warsaw street and there was a fender bender because drivers were staring at her ;)

gregski said:
Oh, man, that girl is a head-turner. She causes trouble anywhere she goes, I remember watching an interview with her by some Portugese television on Warsaw street and there was a fender bender because drivers were staring at her ;)

Who is she?

Top Bottom