Uggh. So this is improved? [NPC Clones]

+
Curious. Did you respond about this in your ticket?
Yes, I did send them a 2nd reply with this info.
In the meantime also some more testing: the street and area where Misty her shop is, was also a real hotspot for duplicates.
And here the same: with setting to On a LOT of duplicates, with setting to Off just the normal, occasional duplicate.
But what is even more important for me, is that the "world feel" is back. Normal crowd variation, normal traffic variation. That setting here has a real impact on the world.
As of why? I don't know. Could be a general bug, could be cause of my specific PC build. But I think it's a general issue since it's something that people do have or not. Maybe it's acting this way because I have no HDD in my PC and setting it to On just conflicts too much?

Yes, I did send them a 2nd reply with this info.
In the meantime also some more testing: the street and area where Misty her shop is, was also a real hotspot for duplicates.
And here the same: with setting to On a LOT of duplicates, with setting to Off just the normal, occasional duplicate.
But what is even more important for me, is that the "world feel" is back. Normal crowd variation, normal traffic variation. That setting here has a real impact on the world.
As of why? I don't know. Could be a general bug, could be cause of my specific PC build. But I think it's a general issue since it's something that people do have or not. Maybe it's acting this way because I have no HDD in my PC and setting it to On just conflicts too much?
Great, thank you!

If they were asking about the HDD, then it may be related. Funny...I have no idea why the speed of a HDD vs. SSD would affect the type of asset called loaded by the game. Maybe it can interfere with some RNG function of the randomization.

But, they must have asked for a reason...so, yeah!

About the area you're seeing around Misty's shop, is it regularly spawning dupes? Any other areas that seem to constantly do it?

Im kinda not suprised tbh, the game probably dont know how fast your hard drive is. If you set it too slow HD it will choose to preload to ram instead is my guess. and never do the on the fly loads as it does on a faster HD. Could be why i rarely see duplicates and has pretty much been that way since release. It happends but not nerely enough to annoy me. Slow hdd mode probably just preload some assets too ram/vram then only use those, hence why you get more clones.

Great, thank you!

If they were asking about the HDD, then it may be related. Funny...I have no idea why the speed of a HDD vs. SSD would affect the type of asset called loaded by the game. Maybe it can interfere with some RNG function of the randomization.

But, they must have asked for a reason...so, yeah!

About the area you're seeing around Misty's shop, is it regularly spawning dupes? Any other areas that seem to constantly do it?
The dupes were in the whole world, no matter where. But in more crowded places it is painfully obvious. So like around Misty's and in front of V's mega building or in market places. But also inside like in Lizzie's Bar and the Afterlife. And cars were duped everywhere, like 4 or 5 truck duplicates in a row and accross the street 4 duped cars.

Im kinda not suprised tbh, the game probably dont know how fast your hard drive is. If you set it too slow HD it will choose to preload to ram instead is my guess. and never do the on the fly loads as it does on a faster HD. Could be why i rarely see duplicates and has pretty much been that way since release. It happends but not nerely enough to annoy me. Slow hdd mode probably just preload some assets too ram/vram then only use those, hence why you get more clones.
I had the Slow HDD Mode pretty much to On from the start. In December it really had a good effect on the game, less suddenly popping up NPC's and cars. There were dupes but not noticeable, just normal. Just like you describe it. This till version 1.23.
With 1.23 CDPR tackled dupes according to the change log but I started to get noticeable more dupes. Not only me, it was mentioned here and in other forums and also in videos.
And with 1.30 the dupes really took over, cars were now also duped and the world was emptier. Again also mentioned here and in videos.
All this with Slow HDD Mode set to On.
My guess is roughly the same as yours: with the setting to On, now there is just a limited set of NPCs and cars pre-loaded into RAM and the game is working with that. But there can only pre-loaded so much into RAM, resulting in a world that looked emptier.

This is my exact experience too regarding the cloning after the most recent patch. 4-5 of the same NPC spawning constantly in close proximity to one another.

This is my exact experience too regarding the cloning after the most recent patch. 4-5 of the same NPC spawning constantly in close proximity to one another.
In your game settings, is "Slow HDD Mode" set to On or Off?
If it's On, try it with Off? On my system that solved it.

I don't know if I ever played with the setting, but based on the description, I would not use Slow HDD Mode unless I was using an HDD. Sounds to me as if it's a specific optimization to make the game work better with older, spinning hard disks and much slower read/write speeds.

If the game is installed on an SSD, set the option to OFF.

If it's installed on an HDD, set the option to ON.

I don't know if I ever played with the setting, but based on the description, I would not use Slow HDD Mode unless I was using an HDD. Sounds to me as if it's a specific optimization to make the game work better with older, spinning hard disks and much slower read/write speeds.

If the game is installed on an SSD, set the option to OFF.

If it's installed on an HDD, set the option to ON.
For me now with patch 1.30 that's certainly how it works :)
But with patch 1.22 and earlier, that same setting caused no duplicates worse than normal. What it did was that the pop-in of NPCs and cars was noticeable less. That's why I (and other) had it set to On while I was on SSD.
Seems they changed things and that the tweak no longer is applicable.

Btw: got reaction back from CDPR. Nothing special though. They thanked me for my input and they were glad the issue was resolved.

Walking Night City downtown in the afternoon, V meets droves (hundreds) of pedestrians - which is a good thing, as the City apprears lively.
The problem here is, that there are clusters of obvious predestrian "clones" - meaning groups of 2-5 of the same "type" NPC walking or standing together...
One could get the impression the number of NPC models is like 5 and one is meeting dozends of NPCs every minute, where there are "clones"/"duplicates" on every step...

This is seriously breaking immersion in the game.

Maybe NPCs are wrongly duplicated / spawned - so I would guess this is a bug.

Please investigate!
Best Wishes,
Gildoniel

You can look here, it could be the problem who you encounter :)
Set "Slow HDD" setting to Off instead of On by default.

Top Bottom