SOLVED Ugly Baby and Disturbance quests issue

+
Ugly Baby and Disturbance quests issue

Greetings,

I'm running into an issue that is quite annoying. I've almost completed Ugly baby quest, but instead of helping Yen to fix the megascope, I went to find some Wolf school gear in Kaer Morhen. I finished the treasure quest for the witcher gear. When I switch back to ugly baby quest, Yennefer doesnt show up anywhere on the map. I also noticed that i now have the Disturbance quest in which i am supposed to find Yennefer. However, I don't get any marker on the map to find her. I tried loading older save games, but it's about the same, i don't get any markers on the map.
Is there a fix for this issue?

regards

Hey Nicholas87!

I might try manually going to the location where Yen is (She should be located at the very top of the high tower at Kaer Morhen) As it could just be a visual problem rather than the actual quest-line being broken.

I've just grabbed the full quest-line from the Wiki here for you:
  • Tell the baron's sergeant you want to take Uma
  • Tell the person minding the stables that you are taking Uma
  • Collect Uma
  • Talk to Lambert about journeying to the Circle of Elements
  • Find Eskel and help him hunt the Forktail
  • Spend the evening with the other Witchers
  • Help Yennefer fix the Megascope
  • Remove the curse afflicting Uma
Can you remember at what exact point out of those objectives the quest marker was removed? Might be worth back tracking through them from your list.

Are you able to check for me if you can re-access the quest in your quest list, maybe select another quest and then select it again to see if it helps restart it?

I'd also make sure you haven't got any other quests selected and maybe try again :)

Let me know how you get on! :D

Last edited:
Basically, what Spoons said. Something else that works sometimes for missing / non-responsive NPCs is to rest to the cardinal positions of the clock (Midnight, 3 am, 6 am, 9 am, Noon, 3 pm etc.) I think the game's scripts fail to trigger once in a while, and doing this can force the AI to fire when it hits the next flag. I've gotten missing blacksmiths to arrive and made some traders talkative again this way.

Alternatively, try fast-traveling to another region (Skellige or White Orchard) and back. Just don't fast-travel right back to the quest zone. Return a ways off and ride in so the game has to both refresh the whole region and load the specific zone.

Thanks for your replies.

AS far as I remember, I helped Eskel with the fortails and went to the circle of elements with Lambert. I did not spent the night with the other witchers. That's when i finished the first Wolf witcher gear that the game sent me back to the Ugly Baby quest. I did not really paid attention and went back to the fortress. I went straight to the tower to find Yennefer (I already finished the game without the expensions) but she wasn't there. When I take a look at Kaer Mohren map, I don't see the marker to find her, however I can see a marker when i'm on the world map.

I tried what you said SigilFey but without any luck. I even finished a Witcher contract in Velen and went back to the Ugly baby quest, without any luck.

Rats. I know this can be annoying, but I would start rolling back to earlier saves and playing through it again. Sometimes, quests just get borked beyond repair...for no obvious reasons. Do you use any mods?

I tried the game without mod but it didn't change anything.
However, yesterday night, I made a few treasure quests and went back to Kaer Mohren fortress. I visited the tower in which Yennefer is meant to be, but could not find her. I then went to the other tower (the one on the left when you enter the hall) and went back to the good one and it triggered the apparition of Yennefer. Good thing because the last manual save I had was one month old.
Anyway, thanks for your help and have a good day.

Nicolas87;n7467660 said:
I tried the game without mod but it didn't change anything.
However, yesterday night, I made a few treasure quests and went back to Kaer Mohren fortress. I visited the tower in which Yennefer is meant to be, but could not find her. I then went to the other tower (the one on the left when you enter the hall) and went back to the good one and it triggered the apparition of Yennefer. Good thing because the last manual save I had was one month old.

So glad you managed to get it working! :D

I'm not hugely familiar with the mods, not sure if they are official or what-not as I'm mainly a console player.

But I work in Game/Community Tech support (not for /in representation of CDPR of course, just to clarify!) But I know unsupported mods can have some very strange effects at random points in your game from time to time, they can do some weird and not very wonderful things to some games, they can cause incompatibility of some scripts etc. to the best of my knowledge, I'm by no means an expert, so it's a pretty far-flung guess without knowing the in's and out's of them. :)

As a general rule, it's always worth manually and safely removing them as a first point of call if you have anything wacky like this in the future, it could be after you removed it, it may have corrected itself. :)

Thanks!

Spoons

Last edited:
Hey , I have problem just like you descrbie , i try to do like you did but nothing happen , Yennerfer still show up at tower , please Help me

Attachments

• 169899629_258134792705507_6546337705827111767_n.png
    169899629_258134792705507_6546337705827111767_n.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 295
Top Bottom