UI design and color scheme improvement polls, which type are your favorite

+

Which UI design and color scheme you prefer

• Change as the Cyber implants change. (I.E. If I need a map, I would go implant a GPS module)

• Consistent throughout the game.

• Customization choice in the setting menu

• As few UI as possible, something like Uncharted where you don't see your own Health points

• As much UI guide as possible, I want to feel like a robot.

• Others

Results are only viewable after voting.
I saw a post on youtube that there are complains about the UI they showed on the trailers and videos.
I wonder what other players prefer.

I sum up 3 types, but maybe there are other design I didn't think about.
Personally, I prefer UI changes as Cyber implants changes, so for example if i get a terminator red eyes implants, the UI color and design should change with it.

Something like when I am poorly gear, i only get a shit map without zoom in.
After I upgrade to high end gears, I can get like 3D scan maps or something.

Casting my vote on changing the UI with implants.

However, not everyone's going to be okay with such implementations, so I guess the best way to handle that would be the following:

Let the game have essentially two difficulties - softcore and hardcore (call them what you want). The former allows you to choose the elements on your own via the settings or other menu, while the latter gives as much control as V's implant would plausibly allow for.

Seeing how they're trying to go for a more immersive approach and how getting the eye and palm cyberware adds UI elements to your hud it wouldn't surprise me if most UI elements worked that way.
I hope this turns out to be the case.

Keive

Forum regular
The cyber implants make sense and work really well for the game. Honestly, don't want to play being too "cybered-up" and all, but this idea seems it fits very well. As long as we can opt-out on getting it then sounds cool.

I'd really prefer to be able to customize the UI, though if there were a blend between the implant you have and your range of options, that would be VERY cool and seem lore friendly. For example, maybe some implants let you remove the scrolling news feed we saw in the latest gameplay videos while in others you can remove it. Some higher end options give you more flexibility so you can move things around, while others some things are hard-coded and can't be moved.

Personally, I'd like to move the mini-map to the bottom-right and the quest/mission tracker to the top-left (and reduce its scale), then get rid of any information on level and xp. (I'm assuming the button guides we saw on the latest gameplay videos were just there for press/demo purposes and will be gone in the final build, but I thought those were hugely distracting.)

we know for sure it depends on your cyberware. That includes mini-map/gps and ammo count/gun status like we saw; i'm also fairly certain language translation chips are still a thing though i've not heard much about those in 3 years at this point. not sure what else would there be, perhaps wayfinding is also dependent on cyberware (gps cyberware independent from mini-map). i would like to control the appearance of numbers and health bars

I wanted to vote for:
Change as the Cyber implants change. (I.E. If I need a map, I would go implant a GPS module)

but then I thought "what if I like a cyber implant, but I don't like the change it makes to the UI?"

so I voted for custom settings.
Post automatically merged:

Casting my vote on changing the UI with implants.

However, not everyone's going to be okay with such implementations, so I guess the best way to handle that would be the following:

Let the game have essentially two difficulties - softcore and hardcore (call them what you want). The former allows you to choose the elements on your own via the settings or other menu, while the latter gives as much control as V's implant would plausibly allow for.
This always creates a problem for me in games that implement normal and hardcore modes because it always creates a problem where I like the features of hardcore, but some of the features of normal, but I can never achieve a balance between the two, and even games that had a "balanced" mode always do it in a way that make me very upset because it's always exactly the wrong way. The same goes for if I choose normal mode, I often like many of the features from both options, but also dislike many of the features from both options, but again I am unable to choose only the features I like, but none of the features I don't like.

Hopefully 100% of all features in this specific sense, are all fully optional in every way.

This always creates a problem for me in games that implement normal and hardcore modes because it always creates a problem where I like the features of hardcore, but some of the features of normal, but I can never achieve a balance between the two, and even games that had a "balanced" mode always do it in a way that make me very upset because it's always exactly the wrong way. The same goes for if I choose normal mode, I often like many of the features from both options, but also dislike many of the features from both options, but again I am unable to choose only the features I like, but none of the features I don't like.

Hopefully 100% of all features in this specific sense, are all fully optional in every way.
Get you what you mean here, agree, actually. I was talking about an option SPECIFICALLY allowing you to choose the way you want your UI to be altered, regardless of the in-game difficulty (or whatever) you're going to play. An approach like this would be balanced enough for either side of the debate here, I think.

Get you what you mean here, agree, actually. I was talking about an option SPECIFICALLY allowing you to choose the way you want your UI to be altered, regardless of the in-game difficulty (or whatever) you're going to play. An approach like this would be balanced enough for either side of the debate here, I think.
Oh, I think I get what you mean now, do you essentially mean just make everything fully optional? I'm just scared if I choose a "mode" and get locked into it, then it will take away options from me and wont let me change them after, making me get stuck with something that feels horrible for me. That's why I don't like being given only two options, all one way, or all the other way, I prefer to change every single option individually, and be able to change all options at all times with no limitations.

Top Bottom