Ultimate kegs replacing base kegs

+
Wait, so keeping premium base set kegs won't be confusing and "too many different kegs"? :think:

Exactly what I was thinking; its just ridiculous they left the premium base set kegs in the game after they went on endlessly about too many different kegs.
Just make up your mind; you either leave base set kegs alone or you change all base set kegs to ultimate kegs.

I hope that project red is not one of companies that ignores comunity feedback and will return base set kegs.
Puting unnecesary restrictive features to game is annoying, let people decide, what they want to buy.

I hope that project red is not one of companies that ignores comunity feedback and will return base set kegs.
Puting unnecesary restrictive features to game is annoying, let people decide, what they want to buy.

- Yeah... for sure, count on it...lol :ohstopit:

Imo they gave a real poor/sad excuse about why they removed the base keg.

They claimed that having too many kegs in the shop was somehow a problem even though they gave no valid reason of why that was problematic.
If it was an interface issue they could've just re-design the interface to properly accommodate them and minimise the space they take on screen.

The kegs were and still are categorized just fine and they offer choice to the player even though they essentially are just "loot boxes".

With their removal (base kegs) and with no system in-between to guarantee that you get at least one card you don't already have in your collection the so called "ultimate kegs" will shower you with duplicates or cards you don't need.
As if that wasn't bad enough they called em more interesting...
lol...:coolstory:

Anyways... CDPR ain't EA (yet) but they can become just that if they keep labeling less player choice as "more interesting".

Cheers ! :beer:

Last edited:
The ultimate kegs I've opened so far have been very disappointing.

I've collected all the standard versions of the cards and started to collect premiums. At my last count I needed another 283 premiums for a full set; as such I had no expectation of collecting them all but looked forward to getting a few.

I've opened either 90 or 100 ultimate kegs so far, and as I get one premium card per keg (at least) I've received a similar number of premium cards. They have all been duplicates of the cards I already own. I did manage to get enough meteorite powder to create one legendary premium card though. Unfortunately at that rate I'm never going to get a premium card collection.

It's a good job that collecting is a secondary pleasure for me, I play mainly to pit my wits against others which is satisfying in itself. I can't help thinking that if collecting was more important to me that I would feel very poorly of the ultimate kegs.

Well... look at it from the bright side, at least you have already completed your collection of regular cards.

I'm more than 80 cards away...
Some others are even further away from achieving this goal.
Funny thing is, the "starter packs" still contain "base kegs", so the keg is still in the game but inaccessible by regular means of buying.
This ofc elevates the actual value of the starter packs.

A sad and bad change... :(

Last edited:
Honestly what a strange and player-unfriendly decision, CDPR. The hardest cards to obtain were always the neutral base set cards, and now, this only makes the chance of obtaining those so much lower.

Either give us a 'neutral keg' or add the base set kegs back, stat. Better yet, both!

It's funny. I have every card from every expansion except the base set. Missing around 50 cards from the base set. Figured I'll start working on getting all of them once I'm done with the expansions...

And now this. Feelsbadman

I hope they will return the base set keg to the shop. There's been so many complains about it. We don't need another gaming company to be disappointed in.

It's funny. I have every card from every expansion except the base set. Missing around 50 cards from the base set. Figured I'll start working on getting all of them once I'm done with the expansions...
Exactly same story as mine. That is why i dislike removing base set keg.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/jggd58
IMG_20201023_153858.jpg

IMG_20201023_153919.jpg

Last edited:
Neutral kegs are going to be introduced but expansions kegs from older expansion are also going to be removed from the shop.

source

At this moment I do not care as much about "older expansions kegs" (I have all normal cards, missing just the premium ones) but a lot of newer players will (or should) care (basing on elementary calculus of probability) and will (or should) miss them a lot. :(

source

At this moment I do not care as much about "older expansions kegs" (I have all normal cards, missing just the premium ones) but a lot of newer players will (or should) care (basing on elementary calculus of probability) and will (or should) miss them a lot. :(

My biggest qualm with the devs' messaging around "removal of excess kegs" (base or older expansions) is they make it look purely cosmetic. There's just blatant disregard to the fact that you are decreasing the probability of getting cards missing from your collection from kegs.

Missing a base set/older expansion card? Ultimate kegs offer a diluted pool for them.

I would say the new statistically best way to round up your collection would be faction + neutral kegs, but faction kegs have the no legendary pity timer bug.

I saw the reddit post about neutral kegs will be available (not sure by when) and go straight here. (//I'm so hype.)

my thought about this are:
- neutral kegs is absolutely great for players who lack of neutral card in base set due to base set is huge.
- some players (like me) who've opened faction kegs to build their collection after collect bronze cards from the expansion kegs. They won't have several gold neutral cards among many expansions. Neutral kegs definitely help me complete the missing neutral cards.

but when I heard that old expansion kegs will be removed. Then, I do not sure this is good or bad. On a second thought, new players can also build their collection from faction kegs + neutral kegs which it should not be done in the past due to we never have neutral kegs before.

By the way, I certainly sure that ultimate kegs is the least priority kegs to purchase due to the uncertainty and high possibility to get duplicate cards. It is still fine to get the Ultimate Kegs from daily log in reward or reward tree but I doubt that players are going to buy it from Shupe's shop.

but at the same time, its the reason base set keg was removed, now lazy ones have to buy premium base set kegs for real $$
Actually lazy ones are these people that play too much computer games ;)
There is also real life out there, you know...

I am hoping the neutral keg being added is a real thing. I still have a lot of cards to get and being able to single out the factions (neutral included) I don't have, to buy, seems like the best way for me to go. I recently quit an mmo where I paid $10 a month for over 6 years to have a subscription, so I am willing to make a similar monetary commitment to a game I do play now (Gwent). I would like to at least have a good chance at getting the cards I need each month. I am just not in a financial place where I can spend the big bucks on entertainment for now. At least I have been pulling in enough ore from rewards to get more kegs from play than I do from the small amount of cash I spend.

I am hoping the neutral keg being added is a real thing. I still have a lot of cards to get and being able to single out the factions (neutral included) I don't have, to buy, seems like the best way for me to go. I recently quit an mmo where I paid $10 a month for over 6 years to have a subscription, so I am willing to make a similar monetary commitment to a game I do play now (Gwent). I would like to at least have a good chance at getting the cards I need each month. I am just not in a financial place where I can spend the big bucks on entertainment for now. At least I have been pulling in enough ore from rewards to get more kegs from play than I do from the small amount of cash I spend.

Don't you worry mate, i'm the same aswell (played WoW for years), you don't have to pay 10$ every month, just make sure to buy the *Journey* (season pass for cosmetics and extra reward points), thats about 10$-12$ for 3 months and in between if you feel that you're having a good time, maybe you can spend on other stuff to support the game.

Make sure to focus on getting cards for no more than 2 factions in the begining, use your resources wisely and you will be just fine :)

cheers ! :beer:

Maybe an addition rather than a replacement would have been better, as this actually lower the chance of finding missing cards from specific set.

So I watched the Dev Stream, and they definitely said that Neutral kegs are being added with the upcoming update. Since they didn't mention removing all of the other non-faction kegs, can I safely assume that this is not happening for a long while? I decided not to quit after they announced the removal of the Base Set kegs because I realized that I had the time and resources to open a tremendous quantity of them before the removal actually took place; however, if the removal of every other decent keg in the shop happens so quickly afterwards, then I'm screwed because I already spent most of my ore on the Base Set kegs. Plus, there's also the next expansion to think about, which is probably only a month away. I'm not even free to play; they really shouldn't have their paying customers worrying like this.

Top Bottom