Ultimate Villain suggestion

+
Well, the wild hunt boss is quite cliche, meaning you know, he is just the classic bad guy for our hero to fight.
so I don't think we want to make someone similar to that again, you really want the villain to be smart, and the hero, smarter or braver.

Plot twist like Bioshock infinite is also great.

I would suggest a super AI villain that can hack into real human's brain, making him unkillable physically, It will be like Agent Smith in the Matrix, who can hack into real human mind and take control.
But we should avoid the cliche, that super AI just want to destroy all human, that's kinda old school.

Possible plot, something around the agenda of the super AI, playing the villain on purpose, to unit the human race under hardship, so that there will be peace, at least that's what the AI believe would be best for the human race. The AI thinks it can't be destroyed because it is a program in the internet, maybe we need to find the backdoor to destroy it.

What other cool and smart villain you guys suggest?

Last edited:
The stock market AI that suddenly realizes that it can sell souls >_>

Did you see the conspiracy videos about how Jar Jar Binks was going to be the ultimate evil in the Star Wars movies? I think someone like him who acts dumb but manipulates people in the background makes for the most confounding villain because all along you're thinking, "Nah, they're not going to make a character that patient and calculating." Then at the end you feel amazement.

The corporations themselves.

I dont want this game to be about saving Night City from someone or something that wants to destroy it or whatever.

I want the story to be about how V overcame all the shit thrown at him to become one of the best Solo's around.

Did you see the conspiracy videos about how Jar Jar Binks was going to be the ultimate evil in the Star Wars movies? I think someone like him who acts dumb but manipulates people in the background makes for the most confounding villain because all along you're thinking, "Nah, they're not going to make a character that patient and calculating." Then at the end you feel amazement.

Yeah, I remember the Mule from Isaac Asimov's Foundation novels was that sort of character. It's really awesome when that sort of villain is revealed at the end but the buildup towards it has to be subtle.

At any rate, I think a good villain has to be relatable and instill doubt in our hero. He has to make the hero wonder if his actions are justified or if they actually reveal an ugly truth about human nature. For example, in Infinity War, Thanos kills off half the population of the Universe and justifies this as being necessary for its survival, due to the fact that the Universe was threatened by overpopulation. Or in The Dark Knight, The Joker claims that you can only be as good as the world allows you to be and that any person in the world is just one really bad day away from becoming just like him.

If a villain can make us ask ourselves "Is he right? Is there something to what he's saying?" then we'll know that's a well written villain.

What about Kotor when you finally corner Malack . He says you lead him down the darkside and your rolls could have easily been reversed him the good guy and you the bad guy. Always gave me something to think about you / Revan made the evil that you had to fight.

Yeah, I remember the Mule from Isaac Asimov's Foundation novels was that sort of character. It's really awesome when that sort of villain is revealed at the end but the buildup towards it has to be subtle.

At any rate, I think a good villain has to be relatable and instill doubt in our hero. He has to make the hero wonder if his actions are justified or if they actually reveal an ugly truth about human nature. For example, in Infinity War, Thanos kills off half the population of the Universe and justifies this as being necessary for its survival, due to the fact that the Universe was threatened by overpopulation. Or in The Dark Knight, The Joker claims that you can only be as good as the world allows you to be and that any person in the world is just one really bad day away from becoming just like him.

If a villain can make us ask ourselves "Is he right? Is there something to what he's saying?" then we'll know that's a well written villain.

That would be a great villain, if they got the story well put togetther, which is never easy, lets hope they made some awesome character with complex story and agenda.
Most villain in the witcher world is not all that complex, the emperor, maybe, but he is still like a bond villain, not very complex.

What about having Ciri, having fled her homeworld to escape all of the bad there and since become disillusioned, be the enemy?

I think Cyberpunk can benefit in taking its cues from Frank Herbert's Dune. Power struggle creates villany.

They said that the main quest is already done and now they're filling the open world and tweaking mechanics.

What I really hope is that your choices will lead you to different paths with completely different quests (e.g. TW2) and endings. During charachter creation you can choose your chidhood hero between silverhand, blackhand and a arasaka. I'd like to have something like this:

silverhand: you take part to a revolution

blackhand: you become part of some mercenaries' guild

arasaka: you join a big corporation in search for power and money (the one I want most), not necesserely being the bad guy, just very eager.

They also said that the story is not about saving the world, but about saving yourself, which I really appreciate. "I've had enough" of being some kind of hero trying to save the world, I want to be some random guy in a 10 billion people world, with a great story, but realistic (e.g. GTA 4, max payne 3, RDR2).
Post automatically merged:

it has to be some kind of steve jobs, zuckerberg, bill gates illuminati character
Elon mask. he's too good not to be evil inside :ROFLMAO:

What about having Ciri, having fled her homeworld to escape all of the bad there and since become disillusioned, be the enemy?
The thing is that she needs to stand a well--developed character in this game's universe- she'd have to be somebody to those that have never played The Witcher.

As for the the ultimate villain, it's the player themselves. You play though the game, slaughtering countless people, and at the end the 'Big Bad' pulls you up, shows you all your crimes, and says 'I was trying to save people from you'.

Depends on how the game is handled. are we just doing gang stuff or are we going all the way to the top and shaking hands with the illuminati?

I don't think there should be an "ultimate villain." I would prefer there to be various self-interested powerful people, and depending on what you do, some (or all) of them become your enemy.
This might be too ambiguous and the ending will lack impact. I prefer a mastermind like Letho...if they can do that again.

The thing is that she needs to stand a well--developed character in this game's universe- she'd have to be somebody to those that have never played The Witcher.

It wouldn't be hard. They could do it easily enough just by focusing on how she impacts the story and why you have to fight her long before you find out who she is.

As for the the ultimate villain, it's the player themselves. You play though the game, slaughtering countless people, and at the end the 'Big Bad' pulls you up, shows you all your crimes, and says 'I was trying to save people from you'.

Wasn't this already done in another game?

It wouldn't be hard. They could do it easily enough just by focusing on how she impacts the story and why you have to fight her long before you find out who she is.

Wasn't this already done in another game?

Which game? It might have been done in another game but I don't recall playing any game that has done this well?

Villainy in Cyberpunk should be treated with "shades of grey". What I mean by that is: Everyone in Cyberpunk should be out for their own best interest...and as the pnp game book says: "And if you can do some good along the way, great...but don't bet on it." Should there be some who are more ruthless towards those aims? Of course. But even the vilest, self serving characters SHOULD have some sort of justification for their actions...even if that justification is something so shallow as : "I did it because it was fun." or "Because I could." I guess my point is, there SHOULD ABSOLUTELY BE NO "COOKIE CUTTER" VILLIANS in this game.

I don't think there should be an "ultimate villain." I would prefer there to be various self-interested powerful people, and depending on what you do, some (or all) of them become your enemy.
I don't disagree with you, but it's rather hard to create a good story without some person or entity we can centered on.

The story will be rather weak if villain's became repetitive.

The story will be rather weak if villain's became repetitive.
I don't think they should be repetitive. It's easy to write many competitive characters with varied interests and personalities, but all of whom are willing to let the ends justify the means.

Also, there are several good stories without a villain to center on. The Last of Us doesn't really have a central villain. TW3 has Eredin, but as mentioned in the OP, he's not really a central character or particularly strong villain. I think several smaller competing bad guys can work. The world becomes more complex and interesting that way. At least IMO. Don't get me wrong, I think having villains for quest-lines is very important ... I'm just not sold on some central "big bad" character pulling all the strings.

Top Bottom