Ummm... say what ?? MAJOR SPOILER ALERT.

+
So .. I am confused.

Jackie Wells ... I go on missions with him, and he can take 100's of bullets directly to the face and just shrug them off. He is the literal embodiment of `dumb NPC that cannot die cos the plot says so`.

Then comes the heist...

1 : No iron allowed, but somehow we are allowed into the hotel with Military grade equipment. Some flunky tells hotel security we can come in as we are expected.

2 : Jackie then comes up with some BS excuse for the receptionist NOT to call ahead, even though we are expected. Um ?

3 :The super duper Flathead bot with the supposed Direct neural link.. uh ok we just use a bunch of cameras to guide it. Well that was a let down.

4 : Wait , what.. when..how. WTF ... T-Bug died??

5 : Suddenly Captain Invincible dies, because the plot says so. SIgh.

6 : BTW, where did he get his custom twin pistols from when I had to leave all my cool shit in the Taxi?

Just feels like sloppy writing tbh.

Yeah, I think that was horribly done.

The setup... meh. Being let in makes sense, being allowed to carry the flathead with us... not so much. They would have had that locked up somewhere safe until we made the deal. They would never let us walk around with it.

And yes, we should have been able to control the flathead outselves. That was the whole point of the direct neural interface. And just seeing DumDum show it off to us. We should have been controlling it, running around the place, up wallks, etc. The "point the camera at the thing" was lazy and just super disappointing.

T-Bug dies because they changed the cutscene where she was supposed to be with Dex. So she just goes poof because... reasons. Killed off because they didn't know what to do with if they kept her alive. Also kinda lame.

Jackie dying was stupid. Should have been 100% avoidable. Hell, we have meds that we can suck back after being blasted by a shotgun to the face and it kicks us to 100% instantly. So why in the hell don't we just toss Jackie one of the hundreds we're carrying on us? There's no way in hell Jackie should have died. Even right after the fall when he's first hurt, we should have been able to heal him up right there, or at least had the choice to, which would have saved him (or chosen not to and he then dies at the end). But they made everything arbitrary and meaningless. The impact of Jackie's death, which should have been MASSIVE, was made pathetic by them just killing him senselessly.

And yes, suddenly Jackie has twin pistols on him, even though we supposedly had no weapons when we went in. They should have had Jackie hang back while we deal with enemies until we handed him a weapon.

The whole thing was horribly written, full of holes, and just poorly done overall. I was super disappointed in how they handled it. We 100% should have been able to save Jackie. And we should have had a lot more options on how to play out the actual mission.

Yeah, playing through Cyberpunk after seeing the great story and writing from Witcher 3 is a slap in the face. I'm guessing the people who did the story and writing for Witcher 3 didn't work on this one, because it's so terribly done and everything seems shoehorned in to cliche little story beats. Many of them just don't make sense, especially with the world they're building. When they explain how things work, and then throw that out the window for "the feels", it just ruins the whole experience.

Top Bottom