Unable to change resolution or DLSS - Cyberpunk keeps resetting them

+
My system: 10700k, RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, NVMe Drive for games, 1440p gsync monitor.

I've been trying to see if DLDSR will make any difference to graphics quality & FPS as 1.5 has nerfed my frame rate. So,
  • I enable DLDSR x1.78 in Nvidia Control Panel
  • start Cyberpunk
  • change the resolution to 3413x1920, click Apply
  • then Esc to go back
and when I pop back into Video settings it's back to 1440p again. Same thing happens with DLSS - I can change it to Performance and apply the change, but going back to settings and it has gone back to Quality. Nothing remains changed.

Oddly, I can't even set it in \AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\UserSettings.json - when I start the game it just writes over any changes I've made to that file. If I make that file read-only it complains on startup that the usersettings.json is corrupt and sets resolution & DLSS back to 1440p & Quality in-game anyway.

Does anyone have any ideas?

P
Post automatically merged:

Figured it out - it's the Adaptive Graphics Quality mod. I hadn't realised that it doesn't just mirror the Video & Graphics settings in the game menu, but it acts to replace how those settings are set. I'm able to change the resolution & everything else now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom