Unable to disable autosave?

+
I can see how this can be overlooked but having this ability would allow players to have multiple active characters at once without having to manage the autosaves.

I was about 30 hrs in, and my little brother wanted to try play, he made a new game and erased all my data, because the autosave system saved over my game.
So i tried to disable the autosave feature so i could start a new game, and not erase his data, but noooooo. No way to disable to autosave feature. So i guess now i have to start a new game and save over all his files, which im sure tomorrow he will start a new game and save over all my files XD.

I can see how this can be overlooked but having this ability would allow players to have multiple active characters at once without having to manage the autosaves.
I was about 30 hrs in, and my little brother wanted to try play, he made a new game and erased all my data, because the autosave system saved over my game.
So i tried to disable the autosave feature so i could start a new game, and not erase his data, but noooooo. No way to disable to autosave feature. So i guess now i have to start a new game and save over all his files, which im sure tomorrow he will start a new game and save over all my files XD.
Go to the games folder, go to engine>config>platform>pc>gameservices and add this two lines:

[SaveConfig]
AutoSaveEnabled=false

if on PC

Phair

Forum regular
Go to the games folder, go to engine>config>platform>pc>gameservices and add this two lines:

[SaveConfig]
AutoSaveEnabled=false

if on PC

People who rely on autosave are just asking for trouble every time.
You should always do a hard save before and after doing a job/quest, never rely on a autosave.

If you want to do multiple characters it's quite easy, just make a hard save, for each of your characters. And then do a hard save on the character you're playing before going to another, that way you're autosave doesn't matter.

And anyone who played 30 hours without making it hard save deserves what they get.

And anyone who played 30 hours without making it hard save deserves what they get.
Me when I realized I never did one hard save on my favorite-so-far V -- literally just before going into the endgame at lvl44. :giveup:

Top Bottom