Unable to lunche the game after update to 1.5

+
After updating the game to latest version game wouldn't start:
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x48.
I've tried to start PC in clean boot mode, reinstall drivers, reinstall the game, remove settings files in AppData/local/CD Projeect RED/Cyberpunk 2077 and nothing. Need some help.

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077.exe-20220215-212859-25092-38344.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 180

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
The crash is most likely caused by audio software conflict. So far we've identified this issue with audio drivers such as A-Volute, Nahimic or Sonic Studio. We're currently investigating.

Meanwhile, as a temporary solution, we recommend disabling said drivers before launching the game. You can also try following the steps we described in this article:

What I tried to fix the issue:
- Latest Nvidia Drivers Clean Reinstall
- Game Integrity Verified
- All Other Processes Ended
- All Overlays Turned Off
- Hardware Acceleration Off
- Windows Up To Date

Specs:
  • Processor: AMD Rysen 7 5800H
  • Memory: 32 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (LAPTOP)
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 500 GB available space
Post automatically merged:

I might just refund this game and leave a negative comment on steam.

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20220216212432.png
    WeChat Image_20220216212432.png
    4 MB · Views: 119
  • WeChat Image_20220216212441.png
    WeChat Image_20220216212441.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 133
  • Cyberpunk2077-20220216-213610-6468-5728.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 95
If you crash as soon as you clic on "Play" button, you could try :
Just like people here say, the crash is most likely caused by audio software conflict.
Beside Nahimic, so far we've identified this issue also with audio drivers such as A-Volute or Sonic Studio. We're currently investigating.

Meanwhile, as a temporary solution, we recommend disabling said drivers before launching the game. You can also try following the steps we described in this article: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc/sp-technical/issue/1700/my-game-crashes-7
Disable this kind audio softwares in your task manager before launching the game.
(for now, it was "mainly" Nahimic Service/API)

I've tried to disable Nahimic service, disable Sonic Studio virtual mixer and close Sonic studio and still the same error

I've tried to disable Nahimic service, disable Sonic Studio virtual mixer and close Sonic studio and still the same error
I already saw players managed to solve it by reinstalling GOG (I don't know if you are on GOG).
If yes, you could try that.

I withdraw my statement from earlier, seems like I had that Nahimic stuff installed, even I have deactivated the on board sound-chip and I'm using a dedicated sound card.
For what I can see Windows 11 installs some apps and drivers via Windows Store base on the hardware I have.

So for me deactivating the service fixed the problem:

How To?
  1. Open the windows services manager (There are many ways to get here you may choose the one you like): Open the start menu -> Search for "services.msc" -> Start the management console
  2. Search for the service "Nahimic Service"
  3. Double click the service to open the service configuration dialog
  4. Stop the service
  5. Change the start type to "Deactivated"

Don't eat it, start it.
[...]
Post automatically merged:

Anyone else really despise cutesy error messages from this game or any other app/program etc?

"Whoa! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined."

Haha, what fun... when you've paid $60 and spend hours troubleshooting instead of playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I withdraw my statement from earlier, seems like I had that Nahimic stuff installed, even I have deactivated the on board sound-chip and I'm using a dedicated sound card.
For what I can see Windows 11 installs some apps and drivers via Windows Store base on the hardware I have.

How To?
  1. Open the windows services manager (There are many ways to get here you may choose the one you like): Open the start menu -> Search for "services.msc" -> Start the management console
  4. Stop the service
This worked for me! Thank you!

For regular PS4?? I JUST started the game (I know late to party) I manually checked for an update (never do that again) and now getting corrupted fole. I dont how to find CUSU but game is licensed for USA and thats where I am and my PS4 settings

For regular PS4?? I JUST started the game (I know late to party) I manually checked for an update (never do that again) and now getting corrupted fole. I dont how to find CUSU but game is licensed for USA and thats where I am and my PS4 settings
Nothing that you can do by your own unfortunately :(

The crash is most likely caused by audio software conflict. So far we've identified this issue with audio drivers such as A-Volute, Nahimic or Sonic Studio. We're currently investigating.

Meanwhile, as a temporary solution, we recommend disabling said drivers before launching the game. You can also try following the steps we described in this article:

I don't have any extra audio software/drivers. Just the standard on-board Realtek compatible sound that's on every motherboard in existence. Still crashing a few moments after pressing Play.

It is issue of Disc Version of Cyberpunk 2077 for PS4

How To?
  4. Stop the service
Yes,. I've tried this way but it wouldn't help me.

Top Bottom