unable to mill card after new patch

+
I'm surprised this issue wasn't considered during the crossover. So we're not getting the new starter cards, that's fine, but please give us the option to mill away extra starter cards. I don't need 3 wild hunt riders.

Moreover, my entire "Mill All" button no longer works because of this change.

Apparently, if you have duplicates of cards that are considered starter cards now, automill doesn't work anymore. And since you get Thunderbolt Potions from the seasonal quests, that happens automatically for most people. Hope they fix it soon, because milling cards by hand is very tedious.

So there was a patch. Milling automatically still doesn't work. This is a professional developer. As a mere hobby programmer it would take me 20 minutes or less to adapt the code so that it ignores "unmillable" cards. Come on CDPR!

Every time I try to mill my cards, a message pops up in-game which says: "Mill Spare Cards Failure. An issue was encountered while completing this request. Please try again."

Yet no matter how many times I try again, the exact same message pops up, and my cards will not be milled.

I have also tried Verifying my game files before I made this thread, and that had zero effect on this problem.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Every time I try to mill my cards, a message pops up in-game which says: "Mill Spare Cards Failure. An issue was encountered while completing this request. Please try again."

After the patch, the new starter cards have become unmillable, which causes this error. CDPR said the surplus of starter cards will be milled automatically soon, eliminating the problem.

After the patch, the new starter cards have become unmillable, which causes this error. CDPR said the surplus of starter cards will be milled automatically soon, eliminating the problem.
Do we know if this problem is going to re-occur if we get multiples of them in Kegs?

Is this problem considered to have been fixed now? For me I still have the same problem and there's been no changes to it. I still cannot mill my cards.

Still not fixed for me..
milled all by hand..

now it just ask whether I would like to mill 7 cards for +0 scraps gain
sound like a scam but Yes I do.... please get rid of the cards :(

And whats with the message saying "please try again"
Some kid out there have tried milling thousand of times thinking trying again would work :LOL:

In my case I'm able to isolate the problem to a couple of starter cards. I think thru daily crown point progress, or else by the starter deck patch, or maybe both, I ended up with 3x of a "starter," that is to say, un-mill-able card. When viewing the screen shots of the card detail be sure to zoom out so that you can see the buttons on the bottom of the screen. You have a disabled "craft" button and a "back" button. That's it.

One more image added: the "Mill Spare Cards" button top left in Deck Builder mode. When its enabled/lit, its kind of like a reminder to the user, "hey, you should deal with this." Auto-mill of excess starters coming soon I imagine.

Attachments

• TridamInfantry.jpg
    TridamInfantry.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 110
  • LyrianArbalestBug.jpg
    LyrianArbalestBug.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 107
  • SpareCardScreen.jpg
    SpareCardScreen.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 249
  • SpareCardNotification.jpg
    SpareCardNotification.jpg
    589.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
hey guys, im having a problem in the deck builder. i have a ton of cards to mill but the game does not procces it dont know why. when y press yes a message pops up "mill spare cards failure", "an issue was encountered while completing the request. please try again." and belive me i tried but it still does not work. anyone can tell me whats going on?

hey guys, im having a problem in the deck builder. i have a ton of cards to mill but the game does not procces it dont know why. when y press yes a message pops up "mill spare cards failure", "an issue was encountered while completing the request. please try again." and belive me i tried but it still does not work. anyone can tell me whats going on?
It is a problem with the new starter deck cards, they have become unmillable. We have had this issue since the new update and still waiting for the fix. They announced that it should be fixed soon or be fixed. So it should not be long

Hi there. I've recently come back to gwent and seem to be having a problem, I cannot Mill all my spare cards. i currently have 1 card in my mill all spares list, with a current value of 0. There are 3 copies of Alzur's Thunder in my collection, can anything be done?

Top Bottom