Unable to Progress Cyberpsycho: Bloody Ritual (PC Version)

+
I searched the area, and scanned every scannable thing. Johnny is just sitting on the crate, and the boss will not trigger. I'm unable to rescan the maelstrom gangoon with the sliced belly. Tried leaving the area, doing other quests and coming back to see if it reset, but no dice. Even after reloading the game from desktop it will not progress.

Game installed on SSD, and launched via GOG Galaxy
Windows 10, ver. 1909
AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-Core CPU @4.2 Ghz
32GB DDR4 @3200MHZ
RTX 2070 Super (8GB GDDR6) Driver version 460.79
Graphics set to nVidia experience optimized settings

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-13 004145.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-13 004145.png
    202.8 KB · Views: 673
Last edited:
i had the same problem its about the order you going . wait the the guy to die after that just go on the left and scann the dead guy there . Dont interact with the thing in the bath.

i had the same problem its about the order you going . wait the the guy to die after that just go on the left and scann the dead guy there . Dont interact with the thing in the bath.
Trying going to your messages. Journal >message > regina jones. There should be a cyberpsyco message just click on it and it should complete the mission.
Post automatically merged:

Having the same issue on Xbox - can't scan anything again, Johnny sitting on the crate and nothing happening to progress

Thought this was busted myself as well, I used my scanner and looked around, you'd see some red flashes of the pyscho moving about, think I spotted him three times before the fight started

Having the same issue on PS4 Pro. Scanned everything and no boss triggers. I've left the area and come back several times, even re-loaded a previous save. Nothing helps.

Same issue as mine... johnny is sitting on the crate next to the body you hit F on but the cyberdude never activates. I've tried scanning everything, coming back, nothing works... no way to quit the quest and start over?

FIX (as mentioned above):

- wait for the guy on the floor to die (do not interact with him)
- do not interact with the bath tub either
- go to the left (if you came from the road) behind a dumpster and you'll see a body with a cut on his stomach
- Scan it (or interact so Johnny would talk)
- go back to the dying person and loot him

I think it was about here that the psycho appeared. The important part is to start with the bloody person on the left and then the dying one. That's what did it for me, since I had the same bug you all describe.

Good luck!

I don't think order matters, i talked to the guy, scanned him than looted him after that i scanned all the clues i saw, i even interacted with the ice bath, my problem was the scaner didn't pick up the guy next to johny, after i managed to scan that the psycho came out of it's icy bath

I tried ljupceds fix from earlier today, but it didn't work. Turns out I had bugged the encounter by not coming from the road. Johnny appears as you approach from the road, and I had been jumping over roofs etc and dropped down on the opposite side, so I didn't get that trigger to happen.

I followed the instructions, then started scanning bodies in the circle around the tub. It wasnt on my scanner, but I realized I could scan the bloody "pile" on the far side (away from the road) white blanket that was the last piece to allow me to progress.

Hi All!
Indeed I had the same problem, but there is no bug, you have to scan 5 things I believe:
- Person that barely alive
- (dead) Person in bath
- (dead) Person on some container (?) Johnny should appear there
- Parts of body on some form of sheet
- Blood under a stack of garbage (that's the least obvious and visible step)

Wait for a great combat.

-
blood_ritual.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All!
Indeed I had the same problem, but there is no bug, you have to scan 5 things I believe:
- Person that barely alive
- (dead) Person in bath
- (dead) Person on some container (?) Johny should appear there
- Parts of body on some form of sheet
- Blood under a stack of garbage (that's the least obvious and visible step)

Wait for a great combat.

- View attachment 11086625
I was actually coming here to report exactly that.... from the dead maelstrom with the belly slash on the ground, look towards the back of the area (ie not towards the road). Between the slashed maelstrom and the floodlight you can turn on, there is a small bloody patch about three in game steps from the crate Johnny's sitting on. Go into your scanner and you should see the yellow magnifying glass. Scan to win :D

Okay after an hour of doing the quest and finally figuring it out I continuously hear the breathing so honestly f this quest stay away from it. It's beyond broken

Okay after an hour of doing the quest and finally figuring it out I continuously hear the breathing so honestly f this quest stay away from it. It's beyond broken

Persisting sounds are pretty common bug imo. Just restart the game and it should go away.

TL;DR Try walking FIRST, before scanning anything, through the main entrance to the area

Had problem as well. I believe there is some checkpoint you have too pass in order to trigger everything correctly. First time I have approached from the containers and jumped down. Scanned everything; nothing happened. Reloaded save and approached through the main entrance. Everything worked properly this time.

Reposting my answer from other thread. Might help somebody.

Post automatically merged:

This drawing... had a nice laugh, well done.
I thought this quest was bugged until I found and scanned that corpse behind the dumpster. Had this kind of feeling a few times. Every time it ended not in a bug but just me missing some detail here and there. The game still needs to be worked on on and I have no doubt it will be worked on in the months to come but not every problem with quest completion is bug related. Sometimes you just need to explore more.

Attachments

• 1608121031146.gif
    1608121031146.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 1,028
Top Bottom