Unable to Progress Cyberpsycho: Bloody Ritual (PC Version)

+
The bug is clear to me: don't scan any of the corpses (and other clues to be safe) from OUTSIDE the main clue search area

The fix: reload a previous savegame (ONE BEFORE YOU EVEN SCANNED ANYTHING) , enter the area by following the road to be on safe side, then once inside, it doesn't matter what order you do things, as long as you didn't scan any of the corpses or potentially other clues prior to entering.

The reason people tend to get stuck here (not our fault): we often approach each area the same, where we scan things way before being inside them, tagging enemies as we go. Same for this area, I was on the rooftops (though that isn't the reason it bugged out), started scanning the environment and already flagged clues is my suspicion.

Just an oversight I'm sure, but comes with a hefty impact unfortunately. If you have no savegame prior to that, I'm unsure how to retroactively fix that as most attempts I've read have failed (exiting area, re-entering, fast traveling, restart game completely, etc).

Good luck!

My issue is that I have completed it but the journal still lists the job as undone.

Positive side is that by tracking the quest the game doesn't display any quest objectives which is great for exploring.

So I just ignored it not working and thought that it'll be fine, I've progressed too far after this that I genuinely will lose 4 Vehicles, a ton of quests progress, and a whole bunch of money, PLEASE fix it trough an update where players like me don't need to reroll the save
Post automatically merged:

I'm begging you CDPR fix this

I cannot scan guy #3 in the drawing. must have scanned from outside i guess? i'm way too far in to restart a save.

1608568343957.png

[QUOTE = "tanekdk, post: 12374207, member: 4483988"]
Я попробовал исправить ljupceds сегодня, но это не сработало. Оказывается, я подслушал встречу, не сойдя с дороги. Джонни появляется, когда вы приближаетесь с дороги, а я перепрыгивал через крышу и т. Д. И упал с противоположной стороны, так что я не смог сработать.
[/ QUOTE]
Аналогично вашей ситуация сделал (через крышу) Джонни просто сидит на ящике и ничего не происходит, хотя после чувака возле мусорного бака должен появиться киберпсихопат. ПК

nah. the quest has some serious issues. esp. if you dont come in from the road you can easily break the quest.

then there are scan issues depending on location and order.

TLDR: quest has issues, even in 1.05 and they still have not provided a solution for bricked quests.

Hi All!
Indeed I had the same problem, but there is no bug, you have to scan 5 things I believe:
- Person that barely alive
- (dead) Person in bath
- (dead) Person on some container (?) Johnny should appear there
- Parts of body on some form of sheet
- Blood under a stack of garbage (that's the least obvious and visible step)

Wait for a great combat.

- View attachment 11086625

this mission is broke, i have scan anything then nothing happen even "examine" button on the guy near Johnny didnt appear

I think I'm done. By respect I took with me the body that I could and put it into the dust bin.
Now I understand that it was the cyberpsycho. So I'm pretty sure that this cannot be corrected. I'm too far in the game to come back and retry it
Please cdpr patch the mission. It's my last cyberpsycho to hunt.

I was able to scan, defeat the cyberpsycho, etc. But after I decrypted the shard and read it. I don't get credit for it. Still says Crack the ritualistic shard.

Edit: I tried it again in the suggested order and it worked for me. On Series X.

Last edited:
Plz, don
I searched the area, and scanned every scannable thing. Johnny is just sitting on the crate, and the boss will not trigger. I'm unable to rescan the maelstrom gangoon with the sliced belly. Tried leaving the area, doing other quests and coming back to see if it reset, but no dice. Even after reloading the game from desktop it will not progress.

Game installed on SSD, and launched via GOG Galaxy
Windows 10, ver. 1909
AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-Core CPU @4.2 Ghz
32GB DDR4 @3200MHZ
RTX 2070 Super (8GB GDDR6) Driver version 460.79
Graphics set to nVidia experience optimized settings
Plz, don´t set your graphic settings with the Geforce experience crap tool.
This settings are horrible wrong.

Youtube go to Digital Foundry or Gamer Nexus has made the best guides to do the settings proper!

Just saying! Have fun

I know this thread say PC version, but I'm having the same issue on Xbox Series X too.

I arrived by road through the main way into the area. I scanned the bodies and blood, I decrypted the shared .. it was past 8pm too and I've interacted with the chest freezer of ice.
In the end I left the mission and did some other quests, kept coming back several times to check if a "patch" had fixed the quest but nothing. I put the almost dead body in the trunk of my car, drive off and brought it back, and then in the end out of frustration dumped the body in the bin.

I've now completed the game, cleared all side quests and gigs, and this is the only one left remaining.
Would be good if we had the option to either abandon or restart a side quest when stuff like this happens.

A fix that I think might work is what some others said.
For me, I had to reload a save well before I got there, luckily I saved before I entered the mission area.

I made sure not to...

- Not to scan anything before I entered,
- I also did not loot anything like I did beforehand.
- Also did not interact with anything like the gas canisters and other machines in the area.
- I left everything as is and simply approached the dude that was somewhat alive, let him do his thing.
- And here is an important part, DO NOT PICK UP THE LOOT OR SHARD FROM HIM. I made sure to not do that this time and I simply went around and scanned everything.

Like others said, doesn't matter on the order, but I simply scanned one person, or body, or the fridge, and I let whatever happened complete first, like the glitching on the screen and what not. When you scan one thing, make sure the sounds and whatever happens on your screen, whether it be the glitching, dialogue, whatever, make sure it all goes through completely before scanning the next clue.

One other specific thing I did was also not pressing F to examine the fridge, but I rather ignored it and scanned the fridge instead.

The last clue I scanned was the body next to the crate where Johnny sits. I didn't necessarily scan it since it only prompted me to press F to examine the body and then the dialogue with Johnny happened and when I turned towards the fridge, Zaria Hughes (Cyberpsycho) rose.

Again I will repeat...

- Don't scan anything before entering.
- Make sure you don't loot anything until you finish the whole mission.
- Make sure not to pick up the shard and loot from the guy that dies when you approach him.
- Make sure to scan one thing at a time and let the scripted actions or effects complete before scanning the next clue.
- I'd recommend doing the body next to Johnny last just in case, and everything should work out hopefully.

I did notice that the dialogue between Regina is a little mixed up but nonetheless I could choose all the replies perfectly and completed the mission. Make sure not to kill the Cyberpsycho for the bonus! :)

I actually showed up to this location and there is nothing there. No bodies, no bathtub. Just the spray paint on the ground. Fuck. This is the second time I can't get the cyberpsycho achievement because at least one of them is bugged.

EDIT: Ok, crazy. On a whim I went back to V.'s apartment, slept, finished a different cyberpsycho mission and then noticed there was an icon near this location that wasn't there before (with the yellow star on it). I fast traveled to that location and got the call from Regina, sure enough, about the Bloody Ritual cyberpsycho.

Last edited:
Guys, I figured it out.
I too had the same bug. Did some thinking....I was roof top running and scanning the bodies before even entering the area which causes the "quest body scans" to bug out. I kept re-loading and re-loading and then it dawned upon me that i kept reloading after the point of scanning the bodies while outside the zone.

Be sure to back track far enough into your manual/auto-saves prior to this point.

Once i did, I rolled up through the street side, and follow the objectives as they pop up.

YW.
:)

Too bad this quest was so janky - I shat in my pants when she showed up for 1 sec the first time. Then the jank began. I followed the guide and it seemed to work. But the issue is, the game has taught me not to think for my self or look for anything, I just press tab and follow the goal icon (just like witcher 3).

All of the sudden I have to actually get close to stuff to get that icon, actually do something.

Inconsistent game design.

edit: also, I had done basically all of this:

"- Don't scan anything before entering.
- Make sure you don't loot anything until you finish the whole mission.
- Make sure not to pick up the shard and loot from the guy that dies when you approach him.
- Make sure to scan one thing at a time and let the scripted actions or effects complete before scanning the next clue.
- I'd recommend doing the body next to Johnny last just in case, and everything should work out hopefully. "

And then followed the guide and the quest worked fine anyway. For me it was just the surprise of having to do some actual work in this game.

I tried ljupceds fix from earlier today, but it didn't work. Turns out I had bugged the encounter by not coming from the road. Johnny appears as you approach from the road, and I had been jumping over roofs etc and dropped down on the opposite side, so I didn't get that trigger to happen.
Damm, it sucks that you get punished for using the double jump to get to the scene

Top Bottom