Unable to put abilities into new slot?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unable to put abilities into new slot?

I'm not sure why but I unlocked a new slot for my abilities but I can't put them in. I've already sent a ticket with save to support but I'm just leaving this thread here to see if anyone else encountered this

iCake

Forum veteran
You're not supposed to put abilities in those slots, they're exclusively for mutations.

I think your current mutation only support blue(sign) ability. You need to upgrade your mutation to another level

A blue mutation only supports blue abilities. There are some mutations (like yellow?) that support all colored abilities. Use the line under the slots as a guide to see what colored abilities you can use.

iCake

Forum veteran
@sidspyker

Hmm, my bad then. So does that mean that unlocked mutations will work without the need of putting them in the new slot? If so, then this new mechanic is going to be even more overpowered than I initially thought.

I am yet to unlock these, but sidspyker, can you please tell me if those ability slots stay open even if you remove/de-activate the mutation?

@sidspyker

Hmm, my bad then. So does that mean that unlocked mutations will work without the need of putting them in the new slot? If so, then this new mechanic is going to be even more overpowered than I initially thought.

No. You can only use one mutation, in the central slot. But there are 4 ability slots that need abilities. The central mutation slot is not the same thing as the 4 ability slots.

They don't stay if I remove the mutagen, and yes it seems I can only place blue abilities there(didn't try cause I didn't want more blue)

So basically, the new mutagens' colour is the primary governing factor for the 4 slots.

I can confirm that the colored bar under the new slots indicate what you can put there. I also tried to put something yellow (universal) there but it didn't work. Only blue if blue is selected, only red if red is selcted etc.

Overall I really like it, cudos to CDPR for taking this suggestion from the community for more slots which many people wanted! I haven't played much with it yet but looking at the mutagen menu it seems you can make the signs have 50% of your sword damage if you go down the blue route, so that might make signs more viable towards end game which I would like very much.

Overall it seems like a great new system to try out and play with, lots of combinations and options.

iCake

Forum veteran
can confirm that the colored bar under the new slots indicate what you can put there. I also tried to put something yellow (universal) there but it didn't work

Advanced mutations marked yellow support different colored abilities, the general ones for that matter as well, That's what the tutorial told me.

Advanced mutations marked yellow support different colored abilities, the general ones for that matter as well, That's what the tutorial told me.

Hmm... I think it's going to be hard to make that work in practice. You can only have one mutation active at a time it seems and there are only two mutations that incorporate all three mutagens (red, blue, green). Those are "second life" and "metamorphosis".

I think for my playstyle the one I'm the most interested in is "conductors of magic". Which will let me choose between red and blue. See screenshots below.

View attachment 45151

View attachment 45161

I need to buy or farm more red mutagens to open up more mutations...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 248
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 191

iCake

Forum veteran
I need to buy or farm more red mutagens to open up more mutations...

There are new recipes for all mutagens of all tiers, they involve mutagens of different colors and a few axtra ingredients. For example, you can craft a greater red mutagen from a certain number of blue or green mutagens + some other ingredients.

You can buy those recipes from an alchemist in Toussaint, the one in Boclair if I remember correctly.

There are new recipes for all mutagens of all tiers, they involve mutagens of different colors and a few axtra ingredients. For example, you can craft a greater red mutagen from a certain number of blue or green mutagens + some other ingredients.

You can buy those recipes from an alchemist in Toussaint, the one in Boclair if I remember correctly.

Nice, I'll give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom