Unable to target/pick up mirror pieces in Ch. 4 "Heat of the Day" quest

+
Unable to target/pick up mirror pieces in Ch. 4 "Heat of the Day" quest

I have tried everything I can think of to resolve this.I can see where the mirror pieces are, but I cannot pick them up. I usually play in OTS (Over the Shoulder) view, and that's the camera angle that I've tried longest to get to work, but no amount of coaxing the mouse will produce a hand icon. I've also tried both other camera views (F1 & F2). This difficulty has happened at two different mirror piece locations. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and The Witcher E.E. patched to 1.4.5.1280.Thanks in advance for your input! :)

chuckwits said:
I have tried everything I can think of to resolve this.I can see where the mirror pieces are, but I cannot pick them up. I usually play in OTS (Over the Shoulder) view, and that's the camera angle that I've tried longest to get to work, but no amount of coaxing the mouse will produce a hand icon. I've also tried both other camera views (F1 & F2). This difficulty has happened at two different mirror piece locations. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and The Witcher E.E. patched to 1.4.5.1280.Thanks in advance for your input! :)
the new hotfix is here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21009.0 BTWtry to use Autopickup... keep CTRL pressed and walk over the pieces

Well, I installed the patch and tried your suggestion to use the right ctrl and walk over it. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I'm pretty sure auto pick-up is only for things like plants and loot--I had problems targeting the poison bottle in the crypt in the Introduction also, because Ilsa's body was the object that the cursor kept "wanting" to target instead of the much smaller bottle that was so very close to her. Someone on the GameBanshee Forums suggested using control in that situation iirc, and it didn't work there, either, though I only tried the left button I think.I am really puzzled why my setup seems to have so much difficulty with this ???. Apparently this is an uncommon issue, as I didn't find anything about it when I searched.

Did you kill the wraiths or are you just seeing the pieces? The pieces glimmer when the wraiths are not there and you loot the corpse to get em in the daytime.

I was first there trying to pick up the shiny things at night. Then when I couldn't pick them up, I started panicking ??? :mad:, as usual, and after banging my head against :wall: , came here and wrote the posts, etc. After I woke up today and read the first couple responses about trying the right control button, I went back, and it was again night. I hung around the fields killing stuff until daytime :whistle:, and then I saw this new (to me) monster, so I killed it and to my great surprise, there was a mirror piece on it. :eek: .The way I read the quest was that you picked up the piece from the ground and then mobs spawned and you had to fight. Heh, I guess that was one of those translation problems. :)Anyway, thanks very much for your replies. :peace: :)

Top Bottom