Unable to Unequip Clothing/Weapon Attachments

+
I'm unable to unequip clothing or weapon attachments. When I hold the mouse cursor over an item, the option to unequip appears in the lower right of the screen. The middle mouse button has no impact on the selected item. I've tried all mouse buttons with no success. I've rebooted my PC and also tried uninstalling/installing the mouse device from DeviceManager. I'm currently in the starter apartment (not in any of the new 1.5 apartments).

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm unable to unequip clothing or weapon attachments. When I hold the mouse cursor over an item, the option to unequip appears in the lower right of the screen. The middle mouse button has no impact on the selected item. I've tried all mouse buttons with no success. I've rebooted my PC and also tried uninstalling/installing the mouse device from DeviceManager. I'm currently in the starter apartment (not in any of the new 1.5 apartments).

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Reverting all keybinds to default improves anything?
Alocating mouse controls to keyboard taps improve anything?
Updating or downgrading Windows mouse controls, or disabling mouse-trails improve anything?
Unplugging and plugging back in the USB mouse receiver, or change the mouse's batteries improve anything?

Unless they changed it, in the default game you can't remove clothing mods, only overwrite them. There is a mod for pc which lets you remove mods. There is a perk which lets you recover mods but it's pretty bad as it only work when break down the item.

Joe_Oni - I'm only trying to remove the clothes or weapon attachments, not the item mods.

Bartinga2077 - I tried your suggestions, but there was no change. Only thing I have not attempted was trying a prior version of the mouse driver. I know I'm on the most recent driver. It will take me some time to locate a prior driver.

I don't know if I fully understood "allocating mouse to keyboard taps". I searched Google and modified my Windows 11 settings, but I did not understand where the middle mouse click would map to. I was able to see that left click was definitely mapped to the num pad/#5 key. I tried every num pad key, but did not find that right or middle click had a num pad equivalent. If I misunderstood this suggestion, please elaborate. I attempted all the other suggestions, but no difference.

Thanks

Joe_Oni - I'm only trying to remove the clothes or weapon attachments, not the item mods.

Bartinga2077 - I tried your suggestions, but there was no change. Only thing I have not attempted was trying a prior version of the mouse driver. I know I'm on the most recent driver. It will take me some time to locate a prior driver.

I don't know if I fully understood "allocating mouse to keyboard taps". I searched Google and modified my Windows 11 settings, but I did not understand where the middle mouse click would map to. I was able to see that left click was definitely mapped to the num pad/#5 key. I tried every num pad key, but did not find that right or middle click had a num pad equivalent. If I misunderstood this suggestion, please elaborate. I attempted all the other suggestions, but no difference.

Thanks
With "allocating mouse to keyboard taps", I meant just key-binding what you normally do with your mouse to a keyboard tap, so that you can do all those things pressing a tap on your keyboard instead. But it looks like the issue lies deeper.

If you don't use mods, you can consider to pass this issue to Support here.

Just select what counts for you until you come across a tap that says, "Contact us". They'll tell you what they eventually need from you to start addressing the issue.

maybe this will help. in the config folder, open inputUserMappings, search for "unequip" and find this line:

<mapping name="unequip\_item" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" >

<button id="IK\_Pad\_Y\_TRIANGLE"/>

<button id="IK\_MiddleMouse"/>

</mapping>

change "IK\_MiddleMouse" to "IK\_L" or whatever

Thank you, all, for the suggestions.

blaze_2 - I changed my settings to use the right mouse button and it worked! I can live with the game using the right mouse button. I'll do some more investigating on why my middle mouse button is not functioning. Thank you.

Top Bottom