Uncomfortably close to fanboyessness..ness.Ness

+
Uncomfortably close to fanboyessness..ness.Ness

Yes, that's a bit how I feel after reading the interview that Aditya used Dragon to post to us.

Specifically, this line from the interview, delivered by Iwin:

"But yes, we would definitely like to help people to make RPG games. We’re not paranoid and afraid of the competition – that someone will license the engine and make a better game than ours. That’s great! I’d love to play that, honestly."

One is careful not to ennoble others and certainly not (C)orporations, but this philosophy really does deserve some kind of applause, especially when coupled with the drive and talent to make it a success.

Never have I wanted to be Polish as badly as I want to be Polish right now.

How disgusting. Time to go do something vile and socially unacceptable until I feel better. Er, worse.

Also, this: "We’ve had over 10 million views of the CGI trailer, which far exceeds any video material we’ve put out before." VERY good news.

Sounds promising!
It's good to hear guys who try to do the game they always wanted to play.

You described your approach of starting out with The Witcher as the ‘black sheep strategy’ - how you went against everything that you were told was expected from a triple A game at that time. Would you say that Cyberpunk 2077 is more conventional in that sense, since it appears to have shooter elements and perhaps even multiplayer?

It’s really not a shooter; it’s an RPG. We haven’t talked a lot about the game, and we’re still not at the stage where we’re ready to talk about it. I think what people should really focus on, in terms of their expectations, for Cyberpunk 2077 is that it will be a really deep RPG first and foremost. And we haven’t confirmed that there’s multiplayer in the game. What we’re really good at is creating immersive worlds with great stories, and we’ll stick to that. There’ll be no surprises.

There will be new elements because this is a great new area for us to explore. For how long can you play with the medieval swords, shields, bows and arrows? It’s an exciting theme, but some people would want to do some cool things with guns now, and maybe implants and stuff like that. We’re doing it because we find it really exciting. We’re big fans of Philip K Dick’s and William Gibson’s writing, and so the idea came from the people who were making the game. It’s not like we thought that, ‘hey, this is possibly a big brand so let’s do this’. We don’t work this way. There’s no big research we did or found that there’s an expectation from the market for this sort of game. I read recently that some big company did this massive research and found that steampunk will be popular. And I’m thinking, ‘why?’

Cyberpunk 2077 is more like what we would like to play. The whole initial announcement and the teaser CGI trailer were sort of a ballot to see how it is received and to see if people like it or not. We were overwhelmed by the response. We’ve had over 10 million views of the CGI trailer, which far exceeds any video material we’ve put out before.

Do you any ideas set within the Cyberpunk universe that you think could expand into additional games?

We’ll see. There is definitely potential in that world.

At first when I read the title to this thread, I was like, "What does it mean?" Then after reading your post, "Oh, you're excited." I'm excited too:)

EDIT: I'm very appreciative concerning this quote- "It’s similar in many ways to the other question we get asked – ‘why isn’t The Witcher 3 on PS3 and Xbox 360?’ It’s impossible. It would have to be a different game – a smaller game, not an open-world game, or with terrible loading times, with sacrifices in graphics."

EDIT: I'm very appreciative concerning this quote- "It’s similar in many ways to the other question we get asked – ‘why isn’t The Witcher 3 on PS3 and Xbox 360?’ It’s impossible. It would have to be a different game – a smaller game, not an open-world game, or with terrible loading times, with sacrifices in graphics."

a good quote! CD is smart, they understand that we have new consoles (and the PC which is always ahead of the consoles..) with better technology so why shouldnt they use it......

im very excited about this game as i get the feeling it going to be a cross of Deus ex and blade runner with the graphics of Witcher 3 or better which makes me throw my wallet at the screen and anyone Else's i can find lol. i could be wrong but that's how i think it could go.

Seeing as how every game I have desperately looked forward to in the last 2 years has dissapointed me in the end, with GTA V actually breaking my PS3, I still try to remain calm about this game... calm.... yes calm...... by smoking lots of cigarettes and pacing furiously....

Seeing as how every game I have desperately looked forward to in the last 2 years has dissapointed me in the end, with GTA V actually breaking my PS3, I still try to remain calm about this game... calm.... yes calm...... by smoking lots of cigarettes and pacing furiously....
Seems like another game that console hardware just couldn't handle. My PS3 chokes on NHL14 when enough seasons have passed because the console can't handle all that data.

Seems like another game that console hardware just couldn't handle. My PS3 chokes on NHL14 when enough seasons have passed because the console can't handle all that data.

It was the constant blue ray reading, fucked up my BR drive...

Start saving for a PC Wisdom. CDPR is set to support their games with REDkit on release and this could mean awesome things for CP 2077.

Last edited:

Forum veteran
Staet saving for a PC Wisdom.
This.

And before someone says "but consoles are easier/cheaper/lazier," remember that a PC also grants you access to several decades of games, not just modern ones like the backwards-compatibility-less consoles. Don't you want to play Alter Ego?

(Seriously, Alter Ego is awesome. I once died on a softball field.)

This.

And before someone says "but consoles are easier/cheaper/lazier," remember that a PC also grants you access to several decades of games, not just modern ones like the backwards-compatibility-less consoles. Don't you want to play Alter Ego?

no... not really, I don't play old games... I played them once, I'm done, very very few games do I ever go back too... GTA San Andreas being one of a very few number...

I'm talking about the potential of the modding community. Entire modules/adventures/new weapons/maybe even new games, all set in NC. Look what modders have done with Valve's engine over the years. Now think of the potential with REDengine. By the time '77 roles out, their tech will be crazy advanced.

Forum veteran
Yeah, Wisdom. Don't you want to play my Cyberpunk 2077 fantasy mod? I'll even include little nods to the original material, like having Alt's consciousness being transferred into a magical talking sword! I'll even make it a +3 sword! It could be called the +3 Sword of Cunning!

Yeah, Wisdom. Don't you want to play my Cyberpunk 2077 fantasy mod? I'll even include little nods to the original material, like having Alt's consciousness being transferred into a magical talking sword! I'll even make it a +3 sword! It could be called the +3 Sword of Cunning!

I hate you

This.

Thanks for the recomendation. I'm playing an online version of the game now on http://www.playalterego.com/ , I may tell you the results (how my character died :p) when I get to that point.

Why not a +3 Sword of Cunnilingus?

Top Bottom