Understand the Problem with Cyberpunk, Request Suggest features/game balance and be positive!

+
Hi, I created this topic to suggest the Devs new Features and Game balance. I hope others get involved too and we get the game everyone wanted.
I think this is the only thing we can do instead of crying about how the game is bugged and disappointing.

So try to understand why peoples are disappointed in this game.
This comes down to the game’s advertisement offered a different game.

I was Expected the game to be a „Kinda” free experience where I can climb from the rock bottom to the top of Night city freely and end up in a big mansion, business, have friends to follow me around.
Freely can decide which kinda person I want to be in the game.
Modify my appearance as I want, equip binocs hands, etc…
Choose the way I want to be successful chose clan business work etc…

But what I got instead is a very story-driven experience ( with a very good story in it I think) which is limited role-playing possibilities in the game.

The problem is this kinda game doesn’t require a big free open world as it is in Cyberpunk. This kind of heavily story-driven experience is can be made like Dragon Age, or Mass Effect, Fable, with a much lower budget, and less complicated development. (so peoples don’t want to kill the devs and stocks don’t tank after release)

I was expecting this game to be between Skyrim and GTA 5 and I can play it like those for 1000 hours.
This game is like a Witcher 3 game you play it 50-60 hours and gg you are done.

Cd Projekt Red is wasted billions of billions of billions of dollars on its big open-world which when the story completed no reason to play anymore and it’s resulted in a very buggy mess.
At this point, I can only hope the devs not let this much work be wasted and they support the game in the upcoming 5 years at least.

So these are the changes I suggest:

Easy to do Changes;
-Let people change their appearance at the Riperdoc.
-Let people Reassign keybinds (pc)
-Create more races in the game. Without a story involved, just let the players race in an underground community where players can just win money and respect for it. ( Game is already have everything to let players race in the game why just created only 4 races?)
-Boxing Arena (same as the races just let the player fight against random opponents based on how much money put on )
  • 500 -easy fight
  • 2000 moderate fight
  • 5000 hard fight against/Multiple opponents.
-Tank minigame ( there is a flying tank in the game which is a lot of money to animate and make it to work then create some content for it for the love of the god.)
-Lett he player watch strip dances have a drink at bars, etc.. ( you already have the animations for drinking, etc…. why don't let the player use them)
-Player should spawn in their home when saved on the street ( the home system is completely useless now,)

Moderate to do:
- New game +
- Car modification
- Let players buy property
- New animations for players use foodstuff for immersion ( foods don’t have any reason to exist in the game now expect immersion but they are not immersive at all…)
- Serious sex scenes more Joytoys. You made penises and Vaginas in the game and got rated M. Then why the hell don’t do anything with them????? (i don't understand this thing you made penis and vagina in the game and try to hide them. )

Hard things to do :
- Reputation system for clans
- Business to manage ( i think the Yakuza games should be the example here)
- (Minigames pooling, darts, hot pools ( in the mansions houses the player should able to buy))
- Redesign romance system ( it just shit right now) Fallout 4 was better at least you could get them to follow you and the player could really like them as their story opened up. Basically, every romance system was better if (we talk about Bethesda or Bioware games :D)

Game Balance:
- Too much ammo and health kit everywhere.
- Too easy races.
-enemy can one-hit you randomly if spawn with a powerful weapon ( even low-level enemy sometimes.)
-player can spam grenades leading to 1 hit boss if grenade is sticky. ( fix is just a cooldown on grenade drop and a related perk in the engineer branch)
-stealth is too easy ( just increase the NPC field of view they kinda blind now :D)
- The weapons which can shoot through the wall too powerful they should just shoot through 1-2 walls. (with weapon "overwatch" I can just 1 shot every one even the bosses trough the whole map :D)
- tabula e-rasha should be should reset player ability perks too ( let the players experiment with builds. that's a good gameplay element too)
and the high price of about 100k just compensates if the player talent for engineering just for craft weapons.

This is all the most important thing which would change most of the game. Other things peoples are suggested are just small things. That's why I created this separate post.

An impossible thing to do:
Don’t waste billions of billions of dollars on an open-world game when you just want to tell a story.
Please create a good and interactive Open world experience for us.

If anyone read this thank you! I want to thank the Dedicated work of the developers. I still hope the game will improve a lot over the years and devs don't’ let a lot of money wasted.

Last edited:
This is the spirit we need and that everyone will benefit from. Just make sure all these thoughts are at the right place. Not sure how serious CDPR takes this forum as I don't see any interaction here. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I hope they will take care about it and this is the only thing we can do :'(
Post automatically merged:

Well, first, I sure hope you mean millions of dollars. It's definitely not billions. A few hundred millions but under 500 millions is the rumored amount. Pretty far from billions.

Secondly, a lot of the things you've mentioned have been mentioned a thousand times already. As long as it's not an official thread, you're just recreating the same thread so many have before.

Third, I'm thinking a lot of the things you seem to want from the game will be implemented in multiplayer.

Well, first, I sure hope you mean millions of dollars. It's definitely not billions. A few hundred millions but under 500 millions is the rumored amount. Pretty far from billions.

Secondly, a lot of the things you've mentioned have been mentioned a thousand times already. As long as it's not an official thread, you're just recreating the same thread so many have before.

Third, I'm thinking a lot of the things you seem to want from the game will be implemented in multiplayer.
1. < i understood meme from Donald Triumph just to make feel how expensive the game world is.

2. < what should i do this is the best thing I can come up with... :S

3.< i hope not :S

Last edited:
Hi, I created this topic to suggest the Devs new Features and Game balance. I hope others get involved too and we get the game everyone wanted.
I think this is the only thing we can do instead of crying about how the game is bugged and disappointing.

So try to understand why peoples are disappointed in this game.
This comes down to the game’s advertisement offered a different game.

I was Expected the game to be a „Kinda” free experience where I can climb from the rock bottom to the top of Night city freely and end up in a big mansion, business, have friends to follow me around.
Freely can decide which kinda person I want to be in the game.
Modify my appearance as I want, equip binocs hands, etc…
Choose the way I want to be successful chose clan business work etc…

But what I got instead is a very story-driven experience ( with a very good story in it I think) which is limited role-playing possibilities in the game.

The problem is this kinda game doesn’t require a big free open world as it is in Cyberpunk. This kind of heavily story-driven experience is can be made like Dragon Age, or Mass Effect, Fable, with a much lower budget, and less complicated development. (so peoples don’t want to kill the devs and stocks don’t tank after release)

I was expecting this game to be between Skyrim and GTA 5 and I can play it like those for 1000 hours.
This game is like a Witcher 3 game you play it 50-60 hours and gg you are done.

Cd Projekt Red is wasted billions of billions of billions of dollars on its big open-world which when the story completed no reason to play anymore and it’s resulted in a very buggy mess.
At this point, I can only hope the devs not let this much work be wasted and they support the game in the upcoming 5 years at least.

So these are the changes I suggest:

Easy to do Changes;
-Let people change their appearance at the Riperdoc.
-Let people Reassign keybinds (pc)
-Create more races in the game. Without a story involved, just let the players race in an underground community where players can just win money and respect for it. ( Game is already have everything to let players race in the game why just created only 4 races?)
-Boxing Arena (same as the races just let the player fight against random opponents based on how much money put on )
  • 500 -easy fight
  • 2000 moderate fight
  • 5000 hard fight against/Multiple opponents.
-Tank minigame ( there is a flying tank in the game which is a lot of money to animate and make it to work then create some content for it for the love of the god.)
-Lett he player watch strip dances have a drink at bars, etc.. ( you already have the animations for drinking, etc…. why don't let the player use them)
-Player should spawn in their home when saved on the street ( the home system is completely useless now,)

Moderate to do:
- New game +
- Car modification
- Let players buy property
- New animations for players use foodstuff for immersion ( foods don’t have any reason to exist in the game now expect immersion but they are not immersive at all…)
- Serious sex scenes more Joytoys. You made penises and Vaginas in the game and got rated M. Then why the hell don’t do anything with them????? (i don't understand this thing you made penis and vagina in the game and try to hide them. )

Hard things to do :
- Reputation system for clans
- Business to manage ( i think the Yakuza games should be the example here)
- (Minigames pooling, darts, hot pools ( in the mansions houses the player should able to buy))
- Redesign romance system ( it just shit right now) Fallout 4 was better at least you could get them to follow you and the player could really like them as their story opened up. Basically, every romance system was better if (we talk about Bethesda or Bioware games :D)

Game Balance:
- Too much ammo and health kit everywhere.
- Too easy races.
-enemy can one-hit you randomly if spawn with a powerful weapon ( even low-level enemy sometimes.)
-player can spam grenades leading to 1 hit boss if grenade is sticky. ( fix is just a cooldown on grenade drop and a related perk in the engineer branch)
-stealth is too easy ( just increase the NPC field of view they kinda blind now :D)
- The weapons which can shoot through the wall too powerful they should just shoot through 1-2 walls. (with weapon "overwatch" I can just 1 shot every one even the bosses trough the whole map :D)
- tabula e-rasha should be cheaper and should reset player ability perks too ( let the players experiment with builds. that's a good gameplay element too

This is all the most important thing which would change most of the game. Other things peoples are suggested are just small things. That's why I created this separate post.

An impossible thing to do:
Don’t waste billions of billions of dollars on an open-world game when you just want to tell a story.
Please create a good and interactive Open world experience for us.

If anyone read this thank you! I want to thank the Dedicated work of the developers. I still hope the game will improve a lot over the years and devs don't’ let a lot of money wasted.
I can definitely agree with most, if not all of this, but there are some things that are understandable as to why they either didn't implement some things or couldn't, in some of the comparisons you gave.

Take this with a grain of salt, this is the first CDPR game I've played to this extent, so I'm not sure how their past titles functioned.

As for the things already in the game, like fights and races, it would be nice to make extra money doing those outside of missions, but for the fights, they would really need to allow us to beef up more or make it to where we don't get our asses kicked with 3 to 4 hits, and unless I'm blind, there are only a few perks that relate to hand to hand combat without melee weapons, and those didn't make much of a difference in my experience. I would definitely love to see more races, seeing as how big the map is, there is some potential for decent race routes, and seeing as how they are death races, options of having passengers to help would be nice too, whether they are new characters or characters already in the game.

When it comes to car mods and properties, that would tie into the issue, or hard grind you would have to do to make money, because seeing as how legendary weapons/clothes/mods can cost at least 100k+, I'm sure the price of car mods would get pricey and properties, you would have to sell all your implants and go from chrome back to flesh in order to even have enough to buy a property, at least that's how I personally think it would go.

Yes to more Joytoy interactions, sadly, I don't think they can make the sex scenes more vivid, because then they would get slapped with an Adults Only rating.

I can definitely get behind the romance, there are a few characters I really like, but sadly, comparing the system of 2077 to FO or ME, that had previous titles to kind of "test" this on to polish it out a little more for later releases, isn't the best imo.

Some balances would really help, especially when you run into enemies that are a skull for you and don't notice it until you aim at them, which is funny when you're on a rampage and then get smacked, trying to run when your backpack is full. :LOL:

but for the fights, they would really need to allow us to beef up more or make it to where we don't get our asses kicked with 3 to 4 hits, and unless I'm blind, there are only a
The fights are not that hard when you understand how to beat them.
of course it took me like 2 hours and beat to hell to understood how to beat the enemy.
Basically
- You need to hold up your defenses When defenses up they can't hurt you.
- Try to move around when defenses up and avoid getting too many hits.
- Watch your stamina if stamina depleted even if your defense is up its worthless (you can still run away :D )
- They have a tricky move that depletes your stamina instantly you have to learn when they use it.
- Strong attack cancel any combo they make. So hit the right timing the get stunned by a strong attack.
-Buy gorilla fist cyberware with fire modification those are a big boost

The fights are not that hard when you understand how to beat them.
of course it took me like 2 hours and beat to hell to understood how to beat the enemy.
Basically
- You need to hold up your defenses When defenses up they can't hurt you.
- Try to move around when defenses up and avoid getting too many hits.
- Watch your stamina if stamina depleted even if your defense is up its worthless (you can still run away :D )
- They have a tricky move that depletes your stamina instantly you have to learn when they use it.
- Strong attack cancel any combo they make. So hit the right timing the get stunned by a strong attack.
-Buy gorilla fist cyberware with fire modification those are a big boost
True, it can definitely be worked around, and does make it a little fun when a fight drags out, but one slip up and your either dead or almost dead. I was able to cheese a fight by double jumping around to let my HP regen some, but ended up getting lucky, because the chump was bugged in a taunting animation. :LOL:
Oh gorilla fist really helped me there and had even more luck, because apparently I had picked up a legendary bleed modification, gonna have to look for the fire too to try it out, thank you for the tips on fighting though, I still have a few more to do and will definitely give these a try!

A few things I noted while reading around between game plays:
Firstly, open the world up after the final mission to let the player continue exploring and enjoying NC instead of just reloading right before the final fight.
2nd Add in brain dances since we can apparently buy the discs, the headset was given to us in the intro, but yet cannot use it during the game.
3rd make couches and chairs interactive, let us be able to sit in them. Hang out in bars, grab a bite to eat at the corner food stall, etc.
4th Add minigames for all the arcade machines hanging around in NC
5th Change NC citizen reactions to the player based on players Cool level

I really want gorilla arms that look like gorilla arms.
Yes that would be great if the player would be able to replace whole part of the body to look metallic... different
To be honest, after the adv I was expecting to do that at the ripper doc.

I disagree with builds been broken, overpowered perks, easy combat - and how bad this is for a gameplay.
Stuff like that exists even in multiplayer hack n slash games that are all about " builds ". You can either have useless build where 1 enemy is a problem, or build where you erase 30 enemies with two clicks of a mouse. " MS Paint gameplay ".

Fact that some builds seems to be broken in Cyberpunk, doesn't mean that combat is badly designed.
On top of that, nobody need to be " meta " in a SP game. Play how you want, don't google " best builds ".

So far there was no patch balance for combat. This is only the beginning of patching the game. So give them a chance.

I disagree with builds been broken, overpowered perks, easy combat - and how bad this is for a gameplay.
Stuff like that exists even in multiplayer hack n slash games that are all about " builds ". You can either have useless build where 1 enemy is a problem, or build where you erase 30 enemies with two clicks of a mouse. " MS Paint gameplay ".

Fact that some builds seems to be broken in Cyberpunk, doesn't mean that combat is badly designed.
On top of that, nobody need to be " meta " in a SP game. Play how you want, don't google " best builds ".

So far there was no patch balance for combat. This is only the beginning of patching the game. So give them a chance.
I never said anything about builds too op. Sadly the game calculates player stats in a completely bugged way. but thats a bug it should go in the bugs category. The stealth is too easy because i don't need any perks to stealth through any mission. basically, the NPC-s are blind.

I have to add to rebalance the Street Cred/Rep to be slower to level up. I reached max street cred finishing not even half of the available quest/gigs/reports on the map and being level 29, just by doing some side quest and clean up gigs/reports on Watson distrrict. Which contrary to The Witcher 3, I can make myself too OP to the main stroyline if I choose to and makes the way people approach the world in-game different.

I have to add to rebalance the Street Cred/Rep to be slower to level up. I reached max street cred finishing not even half of the available quest/gigs/reports on the map and being level 29, just by doing some side quest and clean up gigs/reports on Watson distrrict. Which contrary to The Witcher 3, I can make myself too OP to the main stroyline if I choose to and makes the way people approach the world in-game different.
Yes, you are completely right street cred is kinda meaning less after lvl 20, and anyway it seems like an unfinished feature.

Problem:

- I only have a problem with character customization in this game. Not being abled to change the looks (even haircut/beard) of your character throughout the entire game after the beginning is an astoundingly dumb descicion. Then there's the issue with a huge lack of apparel. The entirety of your wardrobe consists of 15-20 different pieces of clothing that change colors to make it seem like there's variety.

Solution:

- Simply let the player change their looks (maybe not gender) at the ripperdoc. Maybe add a plastic surgery clinic/barber shop (I'm surprised NC has none). I assume it's quite simple seeing as how all they need to do is add a small room that the player has access to and put in an npc with very few lines of additional dialouge (as it is with almost every single vendor in this game).

- Add more apparel to the game. Have you seen them Trauma Team garments? Absolutely badass. Now imagine walking around with those tacticool vests and futuristic helmets that cover your entire face for added protection. Now that would make you feel like a mercenary in the harsh world of cyberpunk 2077. Now yes, that's just personal preference, but seeing as how they already have all the assets in-game I believe it wouldn't pose much challenge to add these high-tech/militaristic armor pieces to the game and then slap a few gallons of paint on it for additional recolored versions and call it a day.

The problem is that when people bring up bad balance in this game they aren't talking about some narrow meta that is used by people who desperately try to optimize the fun out of their game. What they are talking about is that if you play with ANY attention to your character's capabilities because you enjoy progression in RPGs you will inevitably wind up so powerful that even Very Hard difficulty becomes a complete joke.

For example: You enjoy playing as a stealthy netrunner. Nothing outrageous there, you just like using the quickhacks. You're not making any kind of meta build with the express intention of cheesing the game, you're just grabbing Quick Hack perks as they become available, and buy nicer cyberdecks. Eventually you hit level 20 Intelligence and learn how to write legendary quick hacks. You create a legendary Ping hack, because it's one of your bread and butter abilities so why wouldn't you want the legendary version?

Then you realize that the legendary Ping hack has a passive bonus that lets you hack enemies through walls. Awesome you think, that will come in handy. About two hours later you realize that you're kind of bored. Not a single mission has gone wrong and you had to shoot your way out. In fact you haven't even gotten shot at a single time since you got your legendary quick hacks. You no longer have moments of being proud of yourself for finding a fire escape on an adjacent building, climbing over a cluster of AC units onto the roof and hacking an enemy through the skylight either. You no longer have to do that kind of thing, you just kill everything through the walls and the enemies can't defend themselves or do the same to you.

You can downgrade yourself to epic Ping and simply not have the ability to hack people through walls anymore. That will put some excitement and exploration back into your game. You've still been deprived of something though, because what should have been a well earned capstone ability, a reward for your dedication to the skill, turned out to be something so overpowered that it made your game worse. In having to give up on using it you wound up with no reward where there should have been one.

It's the same with dedicating yourself to any other aspect of the game. If you want to play a swordfighter you don't do it because you want to be overpowered and effortlessly walk through any combat encounter. However, part of the fun of being a dedicated swordfighter is learning all the sword techniques, buying all the cyberware that lets you dodge bullets, and finding the sharpest sword with the most high tech mods. If doing those things results in a brokenly overpowered character and the only way to have a challenge is to ignore training and use a bad weapon then the poor game balance traps you in a situation where you're missing out on either the fun of having challenging fights or the fun of progressing your character in your chosen field. Either way the bad balance takes away some of your fun.

seem to be a repeated topic other threads have already covered .

here is a repost of my suggestions general speaking I am happy with the balance of the game.

I think fix is the wrong word I would say "improve" would be better.

The need to make a Citadel type DLC ( without the mission) dates , fulling interactive apartment ( every part you interact with has a ( Couple )animation or in a perfect world repeatable cutscene

- the ability to initiate affection ( hugs kiss cuddles) repeatable and at will.

New story , new romances , adding more content to existing romance, more story cut scenes , conversations, FIX CLOTHES so we can wear what we want! > - combat , multiplayer , optimizations , combat balancing etc

- third person would be nice

-longer story

- more romance options

Also really important ****ending spoiler ***
TAKE OUT THE 6 MONTH DEATH SENTENCE Give me the option to kiss Judy during the nomad ending when we meet and then a cutscene during "breakfast"

Last edited:
Top Bottom